Is anyone else epicly sick of the QQ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

OK I understand there were some issues with some of the content put out that people had a problem with.

The permanent weapons are too hard to get, waaaah I can’t have everything in the game for free. Ok this is ridiculous. They put in some cool looking weapons that can be made with the forge, they are hard to make and will take a decent amount of time and money. If you can’t/wont make them than that’s fine some people can’t/wont make legendaries. These aren’t for you they are for the collectors that want something rare and harder to obtain.

The Black Lion Chests, yes it’s a problem, they have acknowledged that it’s a problem and they are looking into putting in a way that players can craft the weapons with stuff they get out of the chests. Give them a freaking break guys it’s the first event and the first act of the first event. They do have to make money to cover the cost of the content. I agree keys and lotteries aren’t my favorite solution but they see that we don’t like it. Give them a chance to change it before everyone freaks out, it’s been less than 2 days.

WAahhh this game is P2W. OK. For the record, weapon skins, not P2W. Look up the term bc you obviously don’t understand it.

Stop whining about the brawl, wth is everyones problem here. The gem store costumes aren’t that great, they aren’t designed for the brawl they are for looking cool and showing off. Do people seriuosly HAVE to have something to complain about?

The event, it’s awesome, figure out the little scavenger hunt get your FREE back pack skin, get your free devils ears. Play costume brawl or food fight. Go get some candy corn and whatever to get some recipes. Carve some kitten pumpkins.. This is supposed to be fun and them not handing you every single item is not preventing it from being fun, your attitude is. Wait patiently for ACT II and see what else they add.

Has no one noticed how epic looking lion’s arch is? They put a lot of money and work into making your city look sweet and all you guys can do is complain. This was an expensive endeavor for them and not something we usually see from a f2p game. Ya it could of been better, there might be better yet to come.. it just started.

Also did we all forget they added permanent crap too…. go try your new jumping puzzles and stuff.

And can we just all please have a happy halloween. All I see all day long is people screaming and crying about the event. I get on the forums to find hundreds of threads titles “Halloween patch the WORST thing to happen to GW2” and “costume brawl…seriously.” Enough. I am so tired of it, is anyone else with me here?

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

(edited by takkattak.1974)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darkmind.7516

Darkmind.7516

wahhhh lets complain about the complains then say we are sick of the complaining

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

Well I’m sick of the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining! Everyone knows that a typical pack of toilet paper has 6 rolls. Why won’t anet listen to the fans and fix this bug?!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

People who are upset are more motivated to post than happy people. This is why I don’t work telephone tech support anymore. (We used to joke that what we were really doing was running a tech-oriented therapy service.)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Welcome to MMO’s.

We hate everyone and everything here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

I remember complaining in WoW but it seems like every mmo since then the level of complaining has just been so much worse.. Or maybe I’m more sensitive to it because I want to defend a game I actually love..

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I agree. personally I am enjoying the event, having fun brawling (without a gem store costume), carving pumpkins etc. I don’t feel the need to have the weapon skins, so to me not having them doesn’t change the enjoyment level of the event. its all about having fun, which is what I am doing.

others are free to cry about stuff that doesn’t matter, and doesn’t make a difference to anything. its just a skin. whoop-di-doo! I don’t see what the fuss is about, especially when there is so much going on away from skins. go and enjoy the event people

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

The only problem I have (and I’m not alone) is figuring out how to take part in the Mad King book event.

User will be infracted for this post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Use your scanner right next to the npc who gives the item. A ghost will appear. If you dont see the ghost then just spam the F button after scanning.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I’m sick of people bringing up this blatantly obvious straw man of “people want everything for free”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

No one is asking for anything to be free…..

Get over it lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zorik.2150

Zorik.2150

I don’t think anyone is asking for free things. I think people are looking for something they can realistically work towards within the time frame of the event. I think thats a very legitimate thing to want to discuss and critique the event for.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cernow.3974

Cernow.3974

Actually I’m sick of apologists.

Why do you think they’ve now acknowledged the problem with their lottery and are looking at ways to fix it? Because people complained. Not because a bunch of apologists applauded them.

This has nothing whatsoever about getting something for nothing, most people are more than happy to pay when they feel they are getting value for money. In this case many people felt they didn’t get value for money and made their feelings known.

Holiday events are meant to be fun and inclusive. Which is why turning it into a lottery where a few win big and most get nothing much out of it was a really poor business decision which I hope Anet have learned from for the future.

And yes, we’re all well aware there’s no subscription so they need to make money to keep developing the game for us. But a lottery with very poor odds is not the answer, this can only leave a lot of people feeling sour. There’s plenty of other options which would keep smiles on everyones faces, customers and Anet alike.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zehnchu.4985

Zehnchu.4985

Should I be happy that the Halloween event in Guild Wars is way better then the one in Guild Wars 2 knowing that the devs can do so much better should we be happy and not say anything about the bugs?

RAWR!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Murdayne.3981

Murdayne.3981

Actually I’m sick of apologists.

Why do you think they’ve now acknowledged the problem with their lottery and are looking at ways to fix it? Because people complained. Not because a bunch of apologists applauded them.

This has nothing whatsoever about getting something for nothing, most people are more than happy to pay when they feel they are getting value for money. In this case many people felt they didn’t get value for money and made their feelings known.

Holiday events are meant to be fun and inclusive. Which is why turning it into a lottery where a few win big and most get nothing much out of it was a really poor business decision which I hope Anet have learned from for the future.

And yes, we’re all well aware there’s no subscription so they need to make money to keep developing the game for us. But a lottery with very poor odds is not the answer, this can only leave a lot of people feeling sour. There’s plenty of other options which would keep smiles on everyones faces, customers and Anet alike.

Amen. OP you’re the reason things never get fixed. We paid for a product and what we’re getting is sub par at best right now. Half the events are bugged or broken and the rest are mindless, thoughtless activities. Something needs to be said because things need to be fixed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I’m just as sick of people complaining that the complainers shouldn’t complain…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JackBurton.1803

JackBurton.1803

Yeah this is a big fat QQ about QQ.

Arenanet heard, listened, and are changing things… so go suck an egg.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I’m just as sick of people complaining that the complainers shouldn’t complain…

You’re going to cause a never ending chain of people complaining about complaining.

Playable Tengu please!

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

As for the lottery: a lottery with better droprates on the rares would have given Anet MORE money than a lottery with bad droprates… but you’re excused OP if you don’t understand this.

on top of this it would have given Anet better prospects of gaining money from lotteries in the future…

So spare me the crap about ‘stop complaining that it was a lottery’.
It was a BAD lottery, bad for the customers and bad for the company.
Everybody lost. How can that be good for anyone than?

We shouldn’t complain about something implemented so bad that literally everybody lost in it?
While it would be easy to turn it into something everybody WINS in it?

Do you hate the game so much you would deny the developpers this feedback, so they could end up winning and making their customers happy?

having 22 pages of complaints is what turned it for the better, NOT all the excuses of the fanboys!

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I just want to know what the hell to do and what is going on without someone saying kitten comments like, “Google it!” and still kitten like, “Do it yourself, its an easy solo game.” I need to find a new server that has people that really care (if it exists).

I don’t QQ about anything else, as I know my limits as to what i can get or not get within a certain amount of playtime/ event time. I just wish the way people are treating others will stop. What I want to see is a ban for anyone that does this kitten, then maybe it will stop. Maybe GW 2 should be more like these forums. The slightest mean thing or anti-community building rhetoric should be banned or silenced from the game.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

I just want to know what the hell to do and what is going on without someone saying kitten comments like, “Google it!” and still kitten like, “Do it yourself, its an easy solo game.” I need to find a new server that has people that really care (if it exists).

I don’t QQ about anything else, as I know my limits as to what i can get or not get within a certain amount of playtime/ event time. I just wish the way people are treating others will stop. What I want to see is a ban for anyone that does this kitten, then maybe it will stop. Maybe GW 2 should be more like these forums. The slightest mean thing or anti-community building rhetoric should be banned or silenced from the game.

Piken Square is decent because it is filled with unofficial roleplayers. This, as a snowball, attrackts other more relaxed players.
It’s not going to be perfect in mid level zones, but it’s the best I’ve foundon EU so far.
roleplayers tend to be goody goody gits unless you dare to fall out of your role… but the /map chat isn’t roleplay, they do it in /s only.
And it’s not an official rp server, there are none. So many don’t rp at all.

In case of US, try the unofficial rp server there

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Acebandage.7236

Acebandage.7236

What is somewhat irritating is the over dramatization of minor issues within a video game. To bring up an issue is fine but to wrap the issues in dramatic and enraged statements when we’re discussing a video game is crazy. Identify the issue, offer a solution, and move forward by either continuing to play the game or move to another one that better fits your playstyle. Feedback is great but the doom and gloom glass is half empty attitude is what gets to me.

The only thing I’m actually sick of is the use of the word ‘kitten.’ This has to be the new low as far as slang goes. I’m a father of 2 and by no means hip in any way but this has got to be the dumbest use of slang I’ve ever heard.

Best regards,
AB

in Halloween Event

Posted by: neithan.9750

neithan.9750

These forums in general have a lot of negative posts and most of them are from ignorant/lazy players. It’s really dragging this place down, pretty much to the point I don’t come here as much.

Most of the sub forums are riddled with baseless QQ posts and it’s difficult to find intelligent discussions.

Neithan Turambar
Level 80 Guardian, Thief
Minions of Grenth, Jade Quarry

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DumpTruck.2945

DumpTruck.2945

ugh i want the last 15 min of my life back……

criticism fixes problems. staying quite does not. so don’t try to silence the constructive criticism.

Bleedingmascara – Lvl 80 Ranger
Fort ASSpenwood – The Many Beards of Liam Neeson[MBLN]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

The negativity expressed in these forums makes me laugh at times. Sad I know, but neither my friends nor I have a pile of issues makeing the game sooooo miserable. We just play and have fun.

I think aside from real bugs reported here many are just sad sacks. They enjoy complaining just to hear their own voices.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Moderator

Do not make a thread on this forum with the express purpose of complaining about people who are complaining. Thank you.