Is it worth doing the Shadow of the Mad King Scavenger Hunt on alts?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

As the title says is it worth doing on all my alts?

On one hand I would hate to find out at the end of the event It’s a really nice reward that I could have gotten for all my alts but on the other hand I would hate to spend days doing the whole event on alts only to get some crappy reward

Any devs want to comment either way

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DumpTruck.2945

DumpTruck.2945

I’m curious to see an answer to this as well… considering i have only 1 lvl 80 and all my other toons are in different stages of leveling ranging from lvl 14-40. so it would be nice to know if it is worth trying to run through all the areas to get the pages.

cheers good post

Bleedingmascara – Lvl 80 Ranger
Fort ASSpenwood – The Many Beards of Liam Neeson[MBLN]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I doubt you will get an answer on what is at the end but based on the beginning I am doing them on all characters I feel can do it.

So far it doesn’t take that much time and we will see in act 2 and act 3 how it progresses and you can always stop then if you feel it isn’t worth your time (or you could stop now too if you feel it isn’t).

So there’s the logic for you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

No.

Easy as. All you get is a dumb big book that floats on the back of your armor and grants near to no bonuses.

No money, no karma, no exp. Just a big dumb book.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

It takes like 30 minutes to an hour to do them all, especially if you look up where they are on the wiki.

Also in a reply to the previous poster, when you complete it, you get a book and a mail that mentions something about an incomplete second tome of the book. So I’m going to assume that they have other things planned for act 2/3.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: edamber.1549

edamber.1549

No.

Easy as. All you get is a dumb big book that floats on the back of your armor and grants near to no bonuses.

Thats just act 1, OP is talking about the end reward in the last act if i’m not mistaken.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vithaar.8637

Vithaar.8637

No.

hmm but my book is level 80 with an exquisite gem ( transmute baby ) least I got something visible back there now, and fit perfectly with my asura scholar

in Halloween Event

DumpTruck.2945

doooood calm down it is only the first act and its nice that there is a transmutable book for a back piece. considering the only other visible back piece is a ugly backpack with a guild emblem pasted on it lol… have some respect for a positive thread and a genuine question

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

I think the book is cool; I am not doing it on all of my characters though. They aren’t all into reading and ghost hunting.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

No.

I’m thinking there has to be something more to these books. Maybe once we have all 4 books from the 4 events we will trade them in for something better…? It’s just speculation on my part atm but I’m really hoping they make it worth our while.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Azerack.7285

Azerack.7285

Just as reference with as minimal a spoiler as possible…

Any alt that’s lower than 30 might have a problem with getting the last item for the “quest”.

in Halloween Event

DumpTruck.2945

Any alt that’s lower than 30 might have a problem with getting the last item for the “quest”.

i have done the research on the last page and i do understand it will be a pain in the neck but if its worth it in the end why not lol… maybe it is time to do some serious grind to level my toons.. been needing an excuse to bump all their levels.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you like the reward, it is.

I’m doing it with all my characters. All 15 of them. And most of them are level 15.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

The Scavenger Hunt is completely worth it. The Act 1 reward is a unique skin back armor item.

This gives your low level characters access to an armor slot that they wouldn’t normally gain until much higher level.

There are also at least 32 ToT bags to claim per character per day in Act 1. I created a thread that also includes these locations here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Halloween-Act-1-Informational-Aid-With-ToT-Locations/first#post525173

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Vithaar.8637

i have done the research on the last page and i do understand it will be a pain in the neck but if its worth it in the end why not lol… maybe it is time to do some serious grind to level my toons.. been needing an excuse to bump all their levels.

When I did the quest last night, I simply walked into the crypt and the ghost st the end was there waiting to give me the book. There was so many people doing it that I spent 1 candy corn on 1 ghost, all others were already spawned lol

in Halloween Event

DumpTruck.2945

lol ill be running the event tonight considering i haven’t been on since the first hour of the halloween launch…. and that time was spent in costume brawl

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

It’s a unique back item, a book named “Mad Memoires” (it has a funny ghoul-y face on it). I personally like the book and have no other back slot items so it’s still a bonus upgrade slot for me. The thing kinda clips with my shortbow but I think it looks funny to have a bow in my book, however you may not like it.

You may not be able to get it on all your alts as the hunt requires travelling to a lvl 30 area (someone may be willing to help you get there if you’re lucky). Thus I was only able to get it on my main but still satisfied.

My quest is to find the dorito.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No.

That’s just act 1 fellas. It’s likely that the next acts will give better rewards and require you to have the book.

in Halloween Event

Vithaar.8637

No.

That’s just act 1 fellas. It’s likely that the next acts will give better rewards and require you to have the book.

I doubt that as it is transmutable. I think all acts will have there own reward, could be wrong

in Halloween Event

Posted by: XaviOrin.4681

XaviOrin.4681

Here is my honest opinion regarding the Memoir Quest. It didn’t take much effort completing the quest as I found all the pages in under 30 minutes so the quest in my opinion was rather lackluster at best. But then I started thinking, the NPC and the Item itself lead you to believe that there will be more books in the following acts. What would be cool to see (and i may be getting ahead of myself here) is that if each act wields a new book and together all of those books activate an event, weapon, item or something that can be created in the forge. Possibly even making the Mad King appear and being like the Halloween Boss monster we all would love to murder and loot.

Without explanation I realized quickly that the NPC quaggan ghosts near the npc who gives the quest ARE NOT the ghosts you are looking for. Little F*ers took all my candy corn… evil buggers.

Anywho we have more acts left and HOPEFULLY the events get better and more in depth.

I know i would have loved to see some rewards from staying champion in costume brawls for 30 minutes straight…. instead of just… oh nothing happened…

in Halloween Event

GuzziHero.2467

I apologise for being so curt with my initial response. I had just logged off from about a half hour of just standing in the trap hall at the last objective rezzing random people who fell prey to the spike traps, then going to LA and finding the reward was some random floating bookpack!

Please do not get me wrong, I do appreciate all the work anet has put into this event. The brawl is great fun, and I look forward to doing the other activities when I get time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FiachSidhe.3654

FiachSidhe.3654

On one hand I would hate to find out at the end of the event It’s a really nice reward that I could have gotten for all my alts but on the other hand I would hate to spend days doing the whole event on alts only to get some crappy reward

Well, you get a nice looking back slot item for each, so far.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

Why not? It does’t really take all that long, there’s at least one chest with decent goodies on the way, and it’s something different.

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

in Halloween Event

GuzziHero.2467

Oh, if you don’t like the look of the bookpack, you can select it to be not visible and retain the small bonuses it gives. I personally think it looks daft just floating there…

The benefit of it, or the back brace it replaces, is that sometimes you can take an armor damage on down and the brace/pack take it instead of something useful.

Has anyone tried applying an upgrade to the Mad Memoires yet?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

everybody wants a reward for doing everything..“wah wah its just a stupid book, why cant it be my iwin button” wah wah, it only took 30 minutes and it should be the best thing ever" …its only act 1 like people said and its a one of a kind momento for the season..what everyone said they want. The problem is that everybody wants the other skins that are in the BLTC..if this was the only reward, then people would be happy..because those other skins are there, jealousy rears its ugly head

in Halloween Event

DumpTruck.2945

please refrain the flaming on this thead. the OP had a valid question and concern and now it is turning into the rest of the flame/QQ threads

thanks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dawthus.4630

Dawthus.4630

There is only 1 reward, a funky backpack/book piece that is equal to the personal story lvl 40 one (but far cooler IMO, and works well with a necro/engi look, dunno if its transmutable).

Regardless of the reward the running about is fun and you get some quirky back story to the mad king as well, and the whole candy meter which you can use to get more trick-or-treat bags. Run it once, decide if you want to farm trick or treat stuff and if you want that piece of gear for that alt (and the benefit towards the achieves from the bags, kills, etc).

Additionally, completing the Act 1 scavanger hunt and getting the reward may be a pre-req to a further achieve, rewards, mystic forge recipe etc that when combined at the end of the event may be worth while for your alts, you won’t know until it happens. You have the opportunity, either take it or not, you can’t be spoon fed the final outcome if prior to deciding to take part.

(edited by Dawthus.4630)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tokoyamih.8450

tokoyamih.8450

If you like the reward, it is.

I’m doing it with all my characters. All 15 of them. And most of them are level 15.

Just a question, how did you get the Mad Memories VI: Coronation if one (or in this case, most of them) are level 15 in a level 30 area?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

You’re gonna need the book for the next Act… that’s pretty much guaranteed.

I mean the quest giver tells you so in the letter you get…

And the book itself says “It seems to be unfinished”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If you like it enough, do it. I did it on my Ele, Mesmer, and Necro because I think it looks cool. But I left my Engineer out because he already has a backpack and I think it fits better.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’m just hoping for more skins because anything stat related is just honestly of little value, given the extreme ease of maxing stats.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I did it with all my 8 toons, 3 of them are level 13-15. Although a lot of deaths trying to bring them to get the book VI (you get one-shot by traps and mobs), it was fun and exciting. You need to be careful and move like a rogue. I only hope that Act 2 and following acts still allow them to complete as low levels, wouldn’t mind a bit of challenge.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PTownHero.9231

PTownHero.9231

Do you really need to be in your 30’s to finish this? I can’t get the last clue because everything kills me in two hits..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PTownHero.9231

PTownHero.9231

Never mind. Did it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

This is not an answer we can give without hindsight. You could waste your time or you could be missing out on loot. For me, I opted to do phase 1 on my main and 2 alts. It didn’t take long and along the way I got some loot out of the crypt and general mobs. It was also amusing to learn more about the mad king and truly appreciate his royal murderous psychopath. As a loot the book was useful only to my Ranger as my other characters had backpacks with better stats. So I didn’t do it for the loot. I did it because I wanted to.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!