Is the Mad King Dungeon Chest an exploit?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Q:

I’d like to know whether it’s currently bugged and therefore an exploit, or if it’s legit like this.

See, most other worldly chests like jumping puzzles reset once daily and are not accessible within the same 23hrs. This is to prevent excessive farming and inflate supply while deflating value.

With these chests in the Mad King Dungeon, they’re not locking players out. Each and every time the champion is up, players can (and do) fight for a new chest filled with goodies. This wouldn’t be bad if it was just trick-or-treat bags, blue gear, green gear, candycorn, potions, or what have you; but it’s bad because it’s 1-2 Exotic items.

1) Is there a bug or exploit happening here that we instead should have us avoid doing said event more than once a day?

2)Or is it legit and shall we farm our heart’s content?

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

The chest spawned before the Modniir Chieftan battle in Harathi Hinterlands can be farmed repeatedly as long as you did the event chain completely every two cycles or so it seems or if you died recently (all interactive objects on non set timers are thus reusable).

Reloading a map in any way also does this. This is what caused all ori nodes to now be once every day per character.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I’ve edited the topic and changed it around a bit. It’s no longer about the Labyrinth; though we found that was indeed a bug by their quick reaction.

HOWEVER, now we have the EXACT SAME ISSUE with the Mad King Dungeon and how people are farming that over and over and over again. The chest is usable every time, loot every time, and people are getting 3-5 exotics an hour since it started. That is NOT right and needs FIXED ASAP!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

Probably on purpose to fix the crazy stupid prices of exotics. I’m hoping to get exotic stuff.

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Faerie.3657

Faerie.3657

Frankly, at this point it’s better to leave it as it is. So many people got exotics now that a fix like with labyrinth will only cause another part of community being cut off from chance for any profit before they even get to try it. The labyrinth fix was bad enough, since plenty of people got rich quickly in first 1.5 hour and rest of us got left with 1 chance per day.

ArenaNet said they want to make dungeon chests drop better stuff than currently do and I think this event lets them see how it might work and what to tweak.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

Yeah, the game is actually letting players have fun and get good items for once, it’s gotta be a bug.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

don’t be so stingy, some of us don’t have access to endless gold/time and this is probably the only time we’ll get exotics.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Economy.3096

Economy.3096

HOWEVER, now we have the EXACT SAME ISSUE with the Mad King Dungeon and how people are farming that over and over and over again. The chest is usable every time, loot every time, and people are getting 3-5 exotics an hour since it started. That is NOT right and needs FIXED ASAP!

This sums up the problem.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

I bought the Arachnophobia bow at 65+G (my whole life savings, so yes this is a bug. So patch NOW!!!!!! Joke joke (don’t kill me)

Thankfully, I have not soulbound it yet. I plan to farm and try to get a 2nd bow, then wait till halloween is over and sell at 65+G to try to get some gold back

But yea, good that we can now farm exotics, at least for Halloween.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: raptorak.8250

raptorak.8250

I must have bad luck. Even with Magic Find I get nothing but greens (usually just a single green) from the chest. I’ve run at least 20x now.

Someone that was in a few of my runs though (4 runs) got 3 exotics during them. But out of everyone else I’ve talked to, nobody else has gotten even one.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I can’t say I’ve had very good luck on the chest. Out of all the times I’ve done it (like 10 times, even tried after daily reset to see if chest “reset”) I’ve only gotten one crap Exotic, and rest are greens, with magic find buffs. It really feels like diminishing returns was kicking in on the chest, but I dunno. But I have no interest in farming it so I’m not really concerned.

I really don’t care if people that are willing to farm get exotics. I don’t think it’ll hurt the market too bad. I mean Anet obviously thought the market needed a bit of influx in exotics. Though sometimes I wonder if they underestimate the community, and their ability to want to gain money/farm stuff.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Just because your so call rare skins not gonna sell much as Anet wanna give poor ppl like me a chance means that it is a BUG/Exploit. This is so much like the real world we live in.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Roland Dragonne.7384

Roland Dragonne.7384

Well, that all sounds a bit annoying to me. I did not get an exotic from the MK chest in 3 runs. In fact, I did not even get items of my actual level (80). I literally got junk blues, even with 53% total MF bonus.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

as i was saying in another thread, i made 26 runs and nothing, well a nearly useless ring, so its seem its not like the labyrinth, there are a lot of people getting nothing

Its ok i understand not everyone its so lucky

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ghost machine.4513

ghost machine.4513

WTH i didnt know how you came to this conclusion “1-3 exotics” all ive been getting are greens and nothing more then trash loot to me. i have done the candy champion 15 times and not received any exotics within 15 chests i got more greens and some blues and on 1 rare occasion a rare. And yesterday 19:00gmt i have done over 22 mad king dungeon runs and again same kind of loot table no exotics(although some have gotten some nice items) i must have the worst luck on gw2 the loot tables are just broken even off subject i farmed the earth elementals in cursed shore for a few hours and never got 1 lodestone but the day before i got 2. During this event i have not got 1 exotic FACT

SORRY my apologies the op commented about getting 3-5 exotics per mad king dungeon chest, this is just not true!

(edited by ghost machine.4513)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Several guild members got exotics out of the chests, but never more than 1 per chest. One particular person got 3 exotics over about 10 runs. I wasn’t so lucky as all I received was greens.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

The answer is in the title, its a dungeon chest. Unlike world/jump puzzle chests dungeon chests can be opened each instance. So no, its not a bug.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

I’ve done the Mad King 4 times. Not once did I get any exotics. 4 times was enough for me and I’ll not be doing it again.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Siliconhobbit.4361

I’ve done the Mad King 4 times. Not once did I get any exotics. 4 times was enough for me and I’ll not be doing it again.

Same, although I did get 5 fine transmutation stones out of one chest.

People like to cry nerf after they had their luck-streak so others won’t get the same chance. Thing is though, I don’t feel like particpating in a loot lottery of any kind, it just isn’t fun, mainly because I’m not a lucky person. Infact I got just a single exotic this entire halloween event and that was from a pre-nerf labyrinth chest.

So yeah, I’m on the same boat with the other unlucky people who think this event isn’t exactly giving… Anything of note…

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

TS Brain is bugged and exploited….. if this a bug and exploit then all Dungeon and all events from stqart of game is bugged and exploited

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

If it were , it would have been nerfed now.

This chest is the farm place for people.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

The drop rate on exotics in this dungeon seems about right. Maybe 10-20 runs for 1 exotic so I don’t think it’s a bug.

Some ppl do get lucky – but for the most part it averages out.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tine Sionnach.8629

Tine Sionnach.8629

The chest in mad king area has diminishing return.The more you do it the less your going to get. Im in a smallish guild i went several times to help guildies by several I mean allot. The last few runs all I received was one crap green, a white bag <crafting mat bag>,rotten egg, nugget center.