It's Holler...Hallow...Its Candy Day!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xherra.1639

Xherra.1639

I just have to say that this NPC has the most annoying dialogue ever. The darn kid says it so often its not even funny. Once is nice every few minutes, but its very constant. Can we tone this down just a tad.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

No. It’s ridiculously cute.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thetoetag.5183

thetoetag.5183

You shut your mouth! That little charr is adorable!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

It’s a realistic portrayal of how…excitable and persistent kids are.

in Halloween Event

Xherra.1639

How often do you pass by the trading post? Those of us who run around a LOT have to hear it constantly. Id like to hear it, but not as much as I do. I’m just asking for it to get toned down.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

You are soulless.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

I go to trading post at LA a lot and yet not annoyed by this. What I’m annoyed is the NPC voice bug where you can hear the NPC having conversation loudly where ever you are.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

Its endearing, cute and typical of a kid. If you want to do trading then go to Rata Sum, it’s much better laid out for access to all services and crafting than any other city is.

The dialogue is also important as it encourages players to talk to the kids who don’t have unique names. They all have trade in options for corn into Personalised trick or treat bags and who would talk to them otherwise without prompting?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

You got any grof grass? Got a quaggan that’s beggin’ for it.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

it was a charr? :O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Halloween Event

Xherra.1639

Seriously though, nobody else hears it every 10 seconds?

And No, Rata Sum is a death trap. I fear that place. Ever since I went there for Map Completion, I refuse to go back.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

It doesn’t play every 10 seconds. I was there doing trick or treat bags for a couple hours tonight.

She also says “my war band is the best!” and “tomorrow I get my first real weapon!”

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Halloween Event

Xherra.1639

Hmmm, maybe it bugged while I was there, it was looping fast. Like i was about to mute all game sound and develop a hatred towards dirty ugly charrs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Anyone heavy into crafting has had to deal with rolling cogs and sporophytes for ages. Not to mention the golem rebellion and the misplaced septicalipher… Some of the idle chatter assumes that you don’t stand for hours in one spot. I’d consider a change up to a temporary holiday based dialog to be a blessing, not a curse.

Rotating the dialogs every week or so would not be bad – at least the pickup lines at the hot springs are varied sufficiently.
//Yamagawa
‘What is that?’
‘Initiate the action’
‘Target classified: hostile’

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thavleifrim.4176

thavleifrim.4176

I gave that kid a stack of 250 candy corn. i wasn’t trying to shut him up.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

That kid has got nothing on the Krait Witch or the Infinity Coil Commander. They put the Lion’s Arch NPC’s to shame with all their spamming.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Cooh! No, Quaggen means WooooOOOOooooh!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

This Kid makes me happy every time I hear it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Haha the charr is very adorable and the line is still hilarious despite hearing it xx times by now.
But yes he could be persuaded to say that line a bit less often, I agree.

However, quaggan calfs win hands down in the cuteness department.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

If you’re old enough to go trick or treating, you’re old enough to know how to say “Halloween”. Stupid Charr.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

You shut your mouth! That little charr is adorable!

No. It’s ridiculously cute.

This and this!

Everytime I hear that line, it just makes me smile. Your title line even made me smile, all the way until I read your actual post!

FOR SHAME!!!

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

You could just turn dialogue sound down you know. I mean, mute the dialogue if it annoys you. It won’t diminish the game at all since apart from a small handful of world event where you have to listen for dialogue cues, mission cuts scenes etc, you really DON’T need the dialogue sound up.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I love those kid npc’s, they’re honestly adorable. The charr kid and the quaggans are by far my favourites

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

I really enjoy hearing this, I am so happy ANet put them in.
BTW “It’s Holler…Hallow…Its Candy Day!!” and the Quaggan kid are best.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

It was cute at first. But its SUPER loud, everytime I go to the TP I hear that obnoxiously loud cub. Now I have a hate for charr cubs because of that thing.

I wish they’d fix the weird sound issues with stuff just being ridiculously loud all of a sudden. :/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

This kid and his dialogue have been literally my favorite part of the event so far. Not because the rest is bad, I just love this sooooo much. Good work Anet!

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I really like this little Char, so cute. They should make a pick up and hug animation.

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

I found it hilarious because that is exactly how kids are. Halloween? BAH its candy day when strangers give you free candy!
Its second only to Christmas.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

Turn your dialogue volume all the way down. I have a thing about repetitive NPCs too, and even player characters. It does eventually get annoying. You can turn it back up when you want to, though I’ve found.. I never want to.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

C’mon that Charr manages to do their lines with such fun, vigor and believability that it shames Trehearne’s entire campaign mode performance :p

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

No, what’s annoying is those two kids outside of the bank especially when the sound bugs and they are louder than normal. “Ahhh, monsters!” I’ve only heard that hundreds of times.

They are still better than Traeherne’s lack of personality though. Speaking of that, please let us get a new NPC for the other elder dragons. I vote Jora’s descendant for Jormag.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

This is how I read this post: “Hey Anet! Can you mute the game for everyone because I can’t find my volume button???”

Seriously the kid is only there for less than 2 weeks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Buckie.6251

Buckie.6251

Guess we’re the odd ones out who find hearing it 2-3 times in a row everytime we run by the AH >.> Ive started hitting the mute button on my laptop if i go near that area cause it just spams my sounds with the same dialog over and over till i run away from the kid xD On another note the Pirate and Ghost Quaggan dialog is cute as hell and cant get enough of it xD

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

stop playing the TP and spending hours there and you wont hear it so much.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

It might get annoying eventually, but I run by there several times a day and I haven’t gotten tired of hearing it yet. All the Lion’s Arch kids are pretty cute.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ska.7943

Ska.7943

I’ll take the charr cub over the latrines/sewers/hey you asked dialogue.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I think it’s the little details like this in a game that really are important. I mean the Dev’s took time to create Halloween specific NPC chatter in the game. Heck, the fact that the NPCs say anything audible at all is more than many games can say. Minor details like that, aside from being really cute, also really show how much ANet cares about their game.

If it annoys you, stop spending so much time at the TP; or, access the TP from elsewhere and only go there to pick stuff up; or use that lovely mute button you have on your PC.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I like the line as I think it perfectly reflects how a kid might react to the holiday. However, I can understand why some people might be annoyed with it.

Have you considered that maybe Arena Net rides the line on annoying/entertaining sometimes in order to realistically show a living world/town?

We have enemies because it would be boring to have only friendly characters, likewise its reasonable to assume the world would be boring with quiet and polite npc only.
Certain npc being annoying somehow simulates that irritating feeling you might get when you hear a crowd of people being obnoxious. I like it.. all the dialog has variety, even if I hate a certain line.

I hate the “theres no profit in the eternal alchemy line” but I think the voice actor did a good job on it.. it makes you think that there are other npc with different views from yourself in that town and so it brings it alive.
It mixes things up, adds some spice. How do you know what tastes bitter without tasting the other flavors first? That kind of thing.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Have you considered that maybe Arena Net rides the line on annoying/entertaining sometimes in order to realistically show a living world/town?

I dunno… i mean it’s been 2 months and that guy still hasn’t found the latrine near the crafting stations in lions Arch, and you’d think that peacekeeper in Rata Sum would know golems don’t have a memory by now, I mean… in real life people don’t ask the same thing over and over and ov-

“When’s the dragon up!?!?!

…ok, so maybe they’re not so far off.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

Cooh! No, Quaggen means WooooOOOOooooh!

I <3 this line. Also, the Charr “Batman” outside the LA TP.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I think seeing them as archetypes and suspending disbelief about times linear progression helps a bit with the experience of wondering if they have a 2 minute memory or not, haha. Either way its hard to implement more than this in a game that isn’t linear.

My favorite line has to be the progeny talking to the charr guard though..

Asura Progeny: “Your face looks funny, its all squooshed and weiiird.” said obnoxiously
Charr Guard: said threateningly “No! Your face is funny… its like a little raisin.”

I get the sense he is tapping his claws together as if to pretend squash the progeny’s little head and it just makes me LOL every time I hear it.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Volias.9653

Volias.9653

I’m not hanging out in LA all day, so I’ve only heard it maybe a handful of times. Still makes me laugh regardless.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

The level of nit-pickiness in these forums is astounding… =w=;

Hoopa doopa.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

And No, Rata Sum is a death trap. I fear that place. Ever since I went there for Map Completion, I refuse to go back.

Only REAL men shop where you can fall to your death at any moment :P

in Halloween Event

Leiloni.7951

The level of nit-pickiness in these forums is astounding… =w=;

Well I have to agree with you there. But in their defense, we do need to do something GW2 related while we’re stuck at work all day and can’t play. kitten you ArenaNet for making such a good game and getting me addicted (jk, I <3 you guys).

Edit: Why do these forums let me type the Alt+Numpad 3 heart symbol but then when I refresh it turns it into a question mark? >.<

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vithaar.8637

Vithaar.8637

humans are like so dumb some times!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

I don’t see how anyone could possibly complain about a baby charr that’s dressed as Batman.

in Halloween Event

Leiloni.7951

Only REAL men shop where you can fall to your death at any moment :P

I haven’t spent much time in Rata Sum yet. Maybe that will be my next stop in world domination because it’s starting to sound like an interesting city (49% of the way to map completion, so far to go ahh! At least I finished the high level zones, though).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Is this really all you have to complain about?

smh

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lerysh.8173

Lerysh.8173

Quaagan’s a pirate! YARR!!