Labyrinth chests...what happened?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

So, when I first tried the labyrinth map and killed the family-sized candy corn I got a chest with a good amount of stuff in it. Including a regular exotic! Seemed like it was going to be a great place to farm. Came back later on another character and I’m getting single greens from the chests, not that I was expecting all exotics. But single items?

Also, the chests only work once? That kind of sucks for someone trying to get mad kings armor. I suppose it was all too good to be true at first. Not that I’m upset but more so curios because I heard a ‘hotfix’ happened.

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Nerfed it, they put in a little patch afterwards

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Seemed like it was going to be a great place to farm.

Theres the problem right there. The price of exotics plummeted and way too many people took advantage of it.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

hm, where are these chests. I was in the labyrnth for like an hour, and while the drops were great, I did not see any chests:(

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hinoreth.5978

Hinoreth.5978

Now I get why there were no chests when my friend told me there were when he ran it. Just lots of mobs and griefing of players.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

The rate was a bug or something, so they nerfed it. The chests spawn in the middle, and in both south corners.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Did they put a timer on them too? I can only get each once ;; Can’t loot new ones.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Yes, I believe its a 24 hour time (for consistency). I’ve only seen the skele (SE) and candy corn elemental (middle) bosses spawn though. Are there more than those two?

in Halloween Event

Sprinkles.6748

I was hoping to get mad king gear for my (almost) second lvl 80. It seemed like an easy way to get exotic mf armor since I got the boots. Unfortunately I probably won’t be able to get it without a lot of money/luck.

Well, the event still has two more acts so we will see eh?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Now how do they remove the stuff people got when it was still possible to farm there. Some people already got an advantage. They still need to do something about this. Or make the chests like they were before so that I can farm too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

You though you would be able to get halloween things by actually participating in halloween?

hahahahhahah funny joke

now go buy some gems so you can get the halloween stuff off the trading post

in Halloween Event

Sprinkles.6748

Now how do they remove the stuff people got when it was still possible to farm there. Some people already got an advantage. They still need to do something about this. Or make the chests like they were before so that I can farm too.

They don’t usually do this unless it was clearly an exploit that people took advantage of.

You though you would be able to get halloween things by actually participating in halloween?

hahahahhahah funny joke

now go buy some gems so you can get the halloween stuff off the trading post

Wheres the fun if everyone can easily get everything?

in Halloween Event

Cerise.9045

Pressing F in front of a chest requires mad skills yo.

Maybe soon I’ll be skillful enough to enter my credit card information and really earn those halloween items.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Derkon.8073

Derkon.8073

What exotics? I got only greens from my first (and only) chest

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tiamant.1897

Tiamant.1897

they could just made them souldbound on acquire and unusable in mystic forge, but no they had to shut it off completly

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

they could just made them souldbound on acquire and unusable in mystic forge, but no they had to shut it off completly

Im assuming you mean the mad king equipment? Honestly, Id rather sell them off to the TP or even and npc if I was unable to do so then keep them, but i suppose it appeals to people who are aiming for the duelist/seer/pit fighter look.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenebram.8975

Tenebram.8975

What about all the people who dont have exotics yet or the extra coin to drop on the tp to buy the items the Mad King set is really nice for a new 80 or even an 80 thats been around for a bit that doesnt farm karma, just because they are useless to some people doesnt mean they are to everyone, the point is that all these people who were able to get in and farm the heck out of the chests just to sell it all are the same people that dont actually need the loot.. but they are the ones that prevent the people who do need it from having the chance to get it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Brijac.7580

Brijac.7580

They nerfed chests to once per 24h, way to go, others that grabbed like 100 exotic items including those crossing, arach etc etc, what about them? So im deducating from this, ANet is basically making handfull of rich people, thus kittenin up economy. This wasnt a bug, you actually need 1h to farm 4 chests that may, i said MAY, contain exotic. And now the chance from getting it is lowered, aswell as its limited to 24h. Not like it was karma bug so that this would be exploit. Another dissapointment in ANet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

If it is a 24 hour timer, then it certainly seems a rather overkill fix for the issue especially when comparing to any other champion event out there that rewards a boss chest upon event completion.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

Since when can you go farm dragons or boss events in the world and get a exotic every chest ever 15 min respawn?the drop rate is fine.2x chest a day is extreme it should be 4.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kevlon.2341

Kevlon.2341

lol ppl got 100s of exotics? kitten i really mised out. I was doing the run when it was still good. Opend about 10 chest got nothing but greens.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

So in the end the people who did the labyrinth before the patch got rich? Nice. WTG.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tiamant.1897

Tiamant.1897

So in the end the people who did the labyrinth before the patch got rich? Nice. WTG.

Yup exactly that, they didnt remove the Exos the guys who abused it and shut it off.
Hell it was dumb enough to put exotics in the chest to begin with, tokens would have been a better idea. But what annoys me more is that they just dont test their kitten, i mean seriously was it so hard to see this thing would be abused as soon as some people fnd out about it?

Test your kitten patches first before you anger a kitten ton of people with them.
This whole event is a joke to begin with.

Just my 2 Cents

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Wheres the fun if everyone can easily get everything?

It’s a holiday event. It’s supposed to be a celebration for everyone to have fun. And most of what I’ve seen is frustration and anger, and some sporadic cases of suicide attempt because of the clock tower

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly , if you find ANY good place to farm. You farm it TILL ANET NERF IT , cause i assure you , they WILL nerf it.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

It’s easy.
Americans were allowed to farm exotics for the whole day, while it was 2-6A.M. in Europe.
Once the clock hits daytime in Europe it’s getting nerfed to one unlock per day.
Like big middle finger facing towards European community…

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

Heh, I’m American, and was fool enough not to jump into the event immediately. The people who went in first did well, everyone coming after them can expect to experience it and pray to come out with enough to pay for repair costs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Why it got nerfed:

1)Log in
2)Look for the chest
3a)Loot it then log off
3b)It’s not here, log off
4)Repeat

Congratulations, you now have 100000 exotics, 10 ara/crossing/mad moon to sell 1 year later for 400g each.

Is it fair for people who didn’t abused it (like me, was busy doing the clocktower sadly), definitly not, but at least it saved the economy from becoming complete kitten.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Halloween Event

Cerise.9045

Why it got nerfed:

1)Log in
2)Look for the chest
3a)Loot it then log off
3b)It’s not here, log off
4)Repeat

Congratulation, you now have 100000 exotics, 10 ara/crossing/mad moon to sell 1 year later for 400g each.

Is it fair for people who didn’t abused it (like me, was busy doing the clocktower sadly), definitly not, but at least it saved the economy from becoming complete kitten.

Economy is already a mess, arenanet hasn’t done anything to fix it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

Since when can you go farm dragons or boss events in the world and get a exotic every chest ever 15 min respawn?the drop rate is fine.2x chest a day is extreme it should be 4.

Except the labyrinth chests don’t drop exotics every time either, all I’ve had from them are the usual green trash and ToT bags.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Varl.3269

Varl.3269

I was on for this and it was no where near as kittenome of you are complaining. There were some people logging on and off at the end maybe, but I doubt they got that much more than I got, as I doubt the chance of logging in next to a chest was even that great. I ended up with around 8 or so of the lvl 76 exotics after a few hours, which aren’t worth much of anything anyway, maybe 50-60s tops each. I doubt I made much more than just farming in Orr for a few hours. It wasn’t “100’s of exotics” as some people seem to think.

in Halloween Event

Nox Aeterna.2965

I was on for this and it was no where near as kittenome of you are complaining. There were some people logging on and off at the end maybe, but I doubt they got that much more than I got, as I doubt the chance of logging in next to a chest was even that great. I ended up with around 8 or so of the lvl 76 exotics after a few hours, which aren’t worth much of anything anyway, maybe 50-60s tops each. I doubt I made much more than just farming in Orr for a few hours. It wasn’t “100’s of exotics” as some people seem to think.

it was luck mate. You have a very bad one.

If you scored any of the halloween exos , how much you think you got? Even during the event selling each for 70g is not that hard.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rotha.1763

Rotha.1763

Spent 2hrs in there today and got nothing but junk, 0 rare & 0 exotic. It’s like Trick or treating and coming home with monkeynut’s and fruit.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

The problem wasn’t really the exotics dropping from a chest, the problem was halloween exotics and precursors dropping from them.
I can’t believe people still can get this through their skull, how can it be fair that accross all servers trade broker is filled with halloween exotics that were supposed to come only from crafting at the cost of 200g or so. The mad moon was selling for 15g, arachnophobia 35g and The crossing about the same, and think about how many precursors are also sitting on people’s inventory/banks because they don’t wanna spend 30g+ putting it on trade broker.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It really sucks that they nerfed it so bad. You get complete junk now. It was something for 80s to do before…. people were talking and communicating and having a good time. Now it’s useless. Thanks ANet!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

No exos should have been granted by a seasonal event chest to begin with. Therefore it’s ANet’s mistake.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ewoksrule.2871

ewoksrule.2871

Man this is so frustrating. I got sick yesterday and couldn’t play and now I missed out on a great chance to have one of these Halloween skins.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rotha.1763

Rotha.1763

In today’s 2 chests I got 1 green and 2 of the normal mob bags with cloth scraps in /yay

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Why does everyone care so much?
Someone else got rich from superfluous amounts of exotics. Does that in any way infringe upon you and your enjoyment of the game? No it doesnt, except to say that youre bummed you missed it. Lol

And I seriously doubt the economy is as bad as the “four” of you all over these forums keep saying. Im making money working the TP just fine as are other people. If it was bad, I wouldnt be able to do that because i wouldnt be able to trust the patterns i see in the markets I work.

In regards to tge Mad King set, I wouldnt worry too much about getting it or not. The skins are identical to skins that were already in the game (heavy is the pit fighter set for example) and the most unique thing about it is the raven call when you use an elite. A neat idea, but perhaps no diff looking than that ranger ability, call the flock?

If you like magic find then go for it but ots nothin special really.

Concerning halloween wep skins, theyre not thst expensive right now. Farm some gold snd buy them. If you cant afford what you want, buy a couple cheap ones to profit with AFTER halloween.

Concerning the MF weps, buy the recipe and farm/buy the halloween specific mats NOW. If you have those than you csn make the weps at your own pace without worrying about hslloween ending.

That about covers it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Titanshadow.9613

Titanshadow.9613

In all honesty I have been there since the beginning and never once seen the exotics or the Mad King set at all. All I have ever seen in the loot chests are blues and greens, I did get one rare out of it but thats about it. I do understand what Anet as done to level out the field a bit.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jihoko.3927

Jihoko.3927

Wow, people in this thread are really overreacting. I was there pre-nerf and opened 6 chests. From 6 chests, I got 3 level 76 exotics. People were linking exotics they found and I never once saw anyone link a level 80 exotic. I also never heard of anyone getting a halloween-themed exotic from them. As others said, you really didn’t miss much: the gold/hour was slightly better than Orr, but only very slightly. Legendary precursors and halloween weapons were not dropping from these chests. If they were, they were incredibly rare drops as no one on my server got one over the course of a couple hours. Even if someone did and kept it secret, I was in a group where we would link our findings from each chest and plenty of people never got an exotic, let alone one worth more then 30-60s.

in Halloween Event

Nox Aeterna.2965

Man , you did not even need to see the pics , all you had to do was look at the kitten TP , where all 3 got a price drop to 40g. So yeah … guess they were not so rare.

Either is a waste of time to spend time to keep discussing this.

Learn the lesson , exploit any and every patch , now lets go back ingame find the next gold farm.