Mad King Armor Set

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pazuzu.6578

Pazuzu.6578

I know you get the shoes from completing the Jumping Puzzle. But the rest of the set is all located in the labrynth with a very small chance of dropping from the now nerfed chests right? Is there any other way to obtain these pieces?! Please let me know!

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

The only possible way to farm the set has been nerfed. Now you must do your daily boss in labyrinth hoping while spending a crap ton on trading post to get the rest of the set. Grats to Anet for making them exotic, letting them drop too often to get em on market, then nerfing it to balance. So yet again, only the rich will prosper from this holiday.
Getting really old really fast. I don’t want everything today but for kittens sake I want the chance to work at something. As it stands, you want me to work at becoming a gold farmer. Not cool.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Pazuzu.6578

I wouldn’t have cared at all if others got miscellaneous exotics and crap. What pisses me off is that something I really was looking forward to is basically an impossibility now.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

What does it even look like, cause the armor icons look like berserk or whatever gear, the heave that is. So any screens of the looks itself?

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Got a heavy helmet. Wasn’t sure if should sell it or use it. Still not sure.

It’d be ANet’s style for them to put in an almost-legendary way to craft the pieces.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Ive previewed the boots and they are the duelist medium armor set. It was kind of a let down as I was expecting a cool set of mad king style boots but oh well.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Pazuzu.6578

Can’t tell ya unfortunately. I saw the shoes and I love them. Which is really saying something! I’ve always liked the Mad King’s style which is why I want the set. :/

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

My g.f.‘s description of the helmet is that it’s an ugly chamber pot on your head. Not just a chamber pot. No. This one is ugly, too.

But the stats and the rune = tasty

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Erich.1409

Erich.1409

I wish they made available for all of us, with a little challenge like the Mad Shoes on the Clocktower jump puzzle, or that they nerfed only one side of the lab event either once a day with vanilla drop chance or ilimited drops with nerfed chance, intead we get both xD.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Pazuzu.6578

If they made all the pieces available by challenges sure! Drop rates? NO!

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

anyone got a screenie of it?

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Pazuzu.6578

Yeah, please post if you have any of the pieces!

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Mad King’s Heavy Armor – Pit Fighter’s Armor
Mad King’s Medium Armor – Duelist Armor
Mad King’s Light Armor – Seer Armor

It’s not a unique looking set. It’s quite disappointing.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

well.. that sucks.. oh atleast I wont feel bad about skipping the JP now

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheSithCode.4036

TheSithCode.4036

:\ = My face when.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Heres the medium boots if no one has seen the duelist boots. I rather like the boots I have now so I’ll have to pass on these :P

Attachments:

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The only possible way to farm the set has been nerfed. Now you must do your daily boss in labyrinth hoping while spending a crap ton on trading post to get the rest of the set. Grats to Anet for making them exotic, letting them drop too often to get em on market, then nerfing it to balance. So yet again, only the rich will prosper from this holiday.
Getting really old really fast. I don’t want everything today but for kittens sake I want the chance to work at something. As it stands, you want me to work at becoming a gold farmer. Not cool.

Except for they are soulbound so no one is profiting from them.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Basically it’s like the other armor named as characters (like Shiro’s armor). They look like those sets.

But those standard stats with the +24% condition duration on the boots (how much would it be on chest? O.o) are nasty!

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Lokheit.7943

Just checked and the stats on the wiki are wrong, it is +24 condition damage, not duration. Duration would’ve been nasty.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

You can buy the skin on the TP for 50 silver per piece or less. This is the light armor version (Acolyte) – it’s not unique.

Attachments:

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hildebert.4196

Hildebert.4196

The armour does not have a unique skin and the stats are pretty meh. Power and condition damage are pretty niche stats to have. It’s probably great for a necromancer’s or maybe some elementatlist magic find set, but regular explorer’s gear with its power and precision is a little more universal.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

REALLY? they didn’t even make new armour sets for Mad King’s light, medium and heavy? you disappoint again Arenanet.

For how long will you guys disappoint us with this Halloween event?

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I got the medium boots and they don’t look like yours Jryunyon.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Glad I found this thread! The prices skyrocketed after the hotfix and I was pondering getting the armor set or not…if its not unique…dont want it :p

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Lokheit.7943

Just quriosity, where is that chest in the labirynth were the armor pieces can drop?

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I’m pretty sad they they only gave a piece of the set and then change up how to get it entirely. At first I thought they added a super challenging hunt for the 6 pieces of Mad King’s armor around his realm. But I guess it turns out you get one freebie (Slippers) & then you get forced to grind labyrinth events for RNG Wars 2 to drop the other parts of the set.
And then they nerf’d that to be one chance per day anyways.
I was attracted to the game because they said there was no stat grind at all. But here I am 2 months in at Lv.80 and can’t afford even the Trait Books, much less weapons or armor above blue rarity because they thought it was a brilliant idea to have you grind exotics with false difficulty (RNG) and fill the game with more gold sinks than Blizzard’s bathrooms.
At least the Halloween Event has been a blast, and you do get some cool skins & a pair of shoes that will never see the rest of its family. Something is better than nothing I guess; Can’t wait to see what Acts 3 & 4 bring.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Just quriosity, where is that chest in the labirynth were the armor pieces can drop?

the chest appears at the “small temple” structure at the top of the hill in the middle of the map…but only after the champion boss is killed

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I got the Mad King Heavy chest piece, It wasn’t a unique skin, looked like the strapped gladiator harness. Had the superior rune in it though, curious of what that raven effect is like.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m still clinging to the hope that Act 3 / 4 will provide non-random ways to get the rest of the Mad King gear. It just seems so wierd to give 1 guaranteed from a challenge and then throw the rest in a random generator.

The fact that the gear doesn’t have a unique appearence is a major bummer. Its what I assume is supposed to be the “penultimate” Halloween reward, and it doesn’t even look different than standard gear?

Guess only stuff you have to pay for is worth making a unique look for.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Lokheit.7943

@Kaderin how do you kill him? there is the mad king and when i go to him as a peasant he talks to me telling me I should run. Or is there another way to get there?

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Oh wow, it’s not even a unique set? I don’t feel so bad now…

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ramael.7195

Ramael.7195

I have a theory that it’s merely a placeholder. They can’t make an armor set called “Mad King’s Armor” and have it look like a piece of kitten.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

I’m pretty sad they they only gave a piece of the set and then change up how to get it entirely. At first I thought they added a super challenging hunt for the 6 pieces of Mad King’s armor around his realm. But I guess it turns out you get one freebie (Slippers) & then you get forced to grind labyrinth events for RNG Wars 2 to drop the other parts of the set.
And then they nerf’d that to be one chance per day anyways.
I was attracted to the game because they said there was no stat grind at all. But here I am 2 months in at Lv.80 and can’t afford even the Trait Books, much less weapons or armor above blue rarity because they thought it was a brilliant idea to have you grind exotics with false difficulty (RNG) and fill the game with more gold sinks than Blizzard’s bathrooms.
At least the Halloween Event has been a blast, and you do get some cool skins & a pair of shoes that will never see the rest of its family. Something is better than nothing I guess; Can’t wait to see what Acts 3 & 4 bring.

Really… you’re 2 months in, have an 80 already, and can’t afford the trait book? What do you do? Sit around and talk in LA’s chat? Seriously! If you go out and gather the Orichalcum Nodes once a day, and collect the rest of the Wood/Ore you come across, you can make 3g+ no problem, more than that if you participate in events. It’s not ANet’s fault you don’t want to do anything.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Really… you’re 2 months in, have an 80 already, and can’t afford the trait book? What do you do? Sit around and talk in LA’s chat? Seriously! If you go out and gather the Orichalcum Nodes once a day, and collect the rest of the Wood/Ore you come across, you can make 3g+ no problem, more than that if you participate in events. It’s not ANet’s fault you don’t want to do anything.

I usually do a few dungeons per week, and that usually gets about a few silver per run after all the repair costs. I also stop at every single node along the route to where ever I go, so that’s coin for all the gathering tools needed which gets costly needing the Mithril & Orichalcum Tools (I keep all the materials because I would like to max out all 8 disciplines eventually). I also need to constantly buy the craft materials needed for leveling up the crafting professions (such as spools of thread or clumps of primordium). If I bump into a Dynamic Event somewhere, I do stick around, but if there’s a zerg going on I can’t hit hard enough to tag a mob (assuming the event isn’t broken). Salvage Kits are a constant purchase as most equipment doesn’t sell at all on the TP & I need the materials…
It just seems like the only way to play is to be ready to shell out everything you find.

However, this is here nor there, as this topic was directed towards the Mad King’s set & how awkwardly players receive the other parts of this set compared to the epic chest with the Slippers.

Mad King Armor Set

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Ok, so the skins aren’t unique and the stats while unique aren’t in any way op. Sounds like there’s nothing to be upset about…

There are easier ways to get exotics. I can’t see anyone making that much money off of farming that boss for the few hours untill it was nerfed. I doubt it was Anet’s intention to give everyone a full set of exotics for minimal effort just because it’s halloween, so I’d say the nerf was justified.