Mad King Clock Tower Needs to be tweaked!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

“First, the green acid is way too fast. So either create a small patch nerf where it slows down the dungeon rate so that more casual people can achieve this jumping puzzle, or remove the timer.”

Sounds like you want it to be easier to me. Plus as I already said I know people who have had no problem completing it with an Asura, just adjust to the “technical” issues like everyone else has to because ANet won’t change a thing.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I will be honest here , i think the Tower was a very easy/simple mini game , sure took me a while , but i would expect that much.

Now , i admit , when i first played it , my first thought was:

“Anet really cant balance stuff right , you dont make the hardest JP an event thing…”

So , while i had fun doing it , i agree that for casuals that was a bit to much. Still people got till 31 to do it , guess with a bit more training , who knows.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chalice.1280

Chalice.1280

I really really really don’t understand the complains about the character models obstructing your view, like 1/4th of the way into the puzzle (exaggerating probably) kittening everyone has already fallen. People really need to stop coming up with excuses to make up for their own faults. Took me under an hour my first try, yes I had banner warriors spamming swiftness random times, engineers dropping stim packs, norns spamming chat (turn off ui), huge models, didn’t take long to get the first couple jumps down then hey guess what nobody makes it past that because they’re too slow. Unless people are magically getting better at this somewhere, there is no zerg of fat norn or charr “clogging” your view as you attempt to continue in the puzzle. Tbh all these mad king clocktower hate threads turn into charr and norn are the cause of all our problems thread, I hope we don’t resort to holocaust-like behavior.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Andy.1943

Andy.1943

What the gently caress is wrong with the gaming culture. They keep whining that games are getting too easy. Yet every time something is released people go ahead and whine that it’s too hard and that they’re entitled to the rewards.
The jumping puzzle is optional, the rewards aren’t that great.
Is it too hard?
Don’t do it.!

That being said there are 2 valid points of criticism for this specific JP.
1) Visibility, shrink everyone to the same size would be a good solution.
2) Profession unbalance, remove all speed bonuses gained from traits.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

first, the green acid isnt too fast, you are just too slow!!
second, this puzzle is a lot fun! i completed already 10 times and can’t stop playing it! all i ask, please make it harder!

this puzzle isn’t for everybody, if you can’t change your camera while you make those jumps then you will never complete it, all in all this jump is really easy right now.

All my guild mates completed it, and after they did all said that it was easy.There are harder jumping puzzles in game already.
This is no luck matter, i assure , if i did the jumping puzzle 10 times i would complete it 8 or 9 times.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Paranormal Bear.2539

Paranormal Bear.2539

As much as I can sympathize with you; that video is about a Charr, whereas I faced problems as an Asura. Last time I checked; Cats are bigger than an Asura.

Sounds like you want it to be easier to me. Plus as I already said I know people who have had no problem completing it with an Asura, just adjust to the “technical” issues like everyone else has to because ANet won’t change a thing.

I’m sure most of the repeated trolls here that are fond of my thread have this imagination believing that tweaking ordinary fixes relates somehow to changing difficulty. Though that is an individualistic issue in perception. Can’t help blind people.

“I can do it, and my friends can do it so everyone can do it” logic fails hard because not everyone is a clone of the other. Most of the people who had cake walks did it because they were familiar with jumping in groups and technical failures, others by whatever you call as “practice”/guessing steps, and of course the long way trial/error which I did.

This is where you and countless other trolls are wrong: Mad King Clock Tower is GW2’s first Halloween puzzle event. ArenaNet by the end of this event will gather all of positive and negative feedback and they WILL change certain things for the best.

Guild Master – Engineer Bear of Teddy Bears [PAWS].
Come join us in our FA Bear Invasion!
http://toygamers.forumotion.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nudd.2970

Nudd.2970

I don’t think a single thing needs to be changed. It was fun and thrilling and I never got angry at it or upset. Took me 4 hours to complete and it was enjoyable the whole time. If I had watched the youtube video first it probably wouldn’t have taken me so long.

Best thing in the game thus far with a close second being WvW.

——

Some guy called Nudd

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Never add difficult content that to complete actually feels like an achievement again ANet.

That was satire.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

There’s no problem with the puzzle, I’ve done it 5 times, it’s easy. You and your incompetence are the problem. Also, if you don’t find it fun, leave it, no one is forcing you to do it. I don’t understand why is it always guys with lack of focus and determination that want to ruin everything for others that actually enjoy this stuff. If you can’t pass it, either practice a lot and beat it eventually or stop doing clocktower and shut up.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

If it was that easy as cakewalk then why so many people seem to be having an hard time completing it?
There the whole point of a seasonal event is being missed. It has to be fun for everyone.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

Seriously, instance this puzzle. It is hard enough that you need to make every move perfectly and on time. But to have to try do it with people view blocking you? This makes it so much harder.

in Halloween Event

Andy.1943

Hermes.7014

If it was that easy as cakewalk then why so many people seem to be having an hard time completing it?
There the whole point of a seasonal event is being missed. It has to be fun for everyone.

Are the other halloween events any less fun because you can’t complete the jumping puzzle? No
Are the other halloween events any more fun because you can complete the jumping puzzle? No
’Sides if the event is supposed to be fun for everyone it should also be enjoyable by
those who like to complete a difficult jumping puzzle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Warriors can bring banners with them and give speedboosts to people when they least expect it. So what is a tricky and challenging puzzle now became a spot for warriors to grief others.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Difficulty and rage forge the fun and the pride to me!

It took me almost an hour to finish it the first time, while the developpers have certainly taken more than that to create it! It was hard but fun in the end
Then I did it with my five characters to get free boots, and it took me no more than 20 minutes per character. Great jumping puzzle!

Then I read this thread where a guy says that this is way too hard…

in Halloween Event

Paranormal Bear.2539

Hermes.7014

Are the other halloween events any less fun because you can’t complete the jumping puzzle? No
Are the other halloween events any more fun because you can complete the jumping puzzle? No
’Sides if the event is supposed to be fun for everyone it should also be enjoyable by
those who like to complete a difficult jumping puzzle.

Are the other Halloween events bugged and class unfair? No.
Can the other Halloween events be done by the average Joe Gamer? Yes.

Fixing camera issues and nerfing boons/banners/and other junk from being used in the puzzle would help provide a friendlier gaming environment. You can keep your timer, and your mist if you want to, but right now that “difficult jumping puzzle” is more than your average gamer can handle which is not good quality in design.

Then I read this thread where a guy says that this is way too hard…

And then you misread the important mechanical reasons why it is too hard.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ScytheNoire.4791

ScytheNoire.4791

From a technical game design viewpoint, it’s flawed. If it was a single instance event with only yourself, or if it didn’t have the timer, it would be fine. But given that other players can grief you and cause you to fail, and that the timer makes it impossible to avoid the crowd, it is bad game design. Two easy fixes: get rid of timer or make it single player instance. Either will fix the problem.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Before I get reverse psychology smart-butt replies as to why “some” of the population had fun with the jumping puzzle and found it to be an aspiring achievement; I am going to direct at staff my two cents.

First, the green acid is way too fast. So either create a small patch nerf where it slows down the dungeon rate so that more casual people can achieve this jumping puzzle, or remove the timer. Either/or something must be done here because a lot of failures = a lot of failures.

Fixing camera issues and nerfing boons/banners/and other junk from being used in the puzzle would help provide a friendlier gaming environment. You can keep your timer, and your mist if you want to, but right now that “difficult jumping puzzle” is more than your average gamer can handle which is not good quality in design.

(Emphasis mine)

Does this mean we’ve successfully convinced you since your original post?

I don’t think anyone would dispute the need to fix camera issues, prevent grieving, and that the racial avatar difference is unfair (though some would say not insurmountable). Those are not the reasons why some recent posters are replying the way they are, imo; they seem to be replying off the OP.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

You were probably the cause of other people failing it. You are the cause of the rage.

Do it on a minimum height asura with at least 5 charr/norn on max width and height settings and I will believe you.

In my guild the first one to do it was an asura we only had 4 char/norn and one asura brought their golem. So it is doable you just have to get out front. for the record I made it after 7hours of LOL and GRRRRRRs. when I made I cheered real loud that my wife that I had won the greatest prize ever. I like the tower as it is.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

From a technical game design viewpoint, it’s flawed. If it was a single instance event with only yourself, or if it didn’t have the timer, it would be fine. But given that other players can grief you and cause you to fail, and that the timer makes it impossible to avoid the crowd, it is bad game design. Two easy fixes: get rid of timer or make it single player instance. Either will fix the problem.

And the voice of reason was heard throughout the land!!! I applaud you, sir or madam.

in Halloween Event

Paranormal Bear.2539

Before I get reverse psychology smart-butt replies as to why “some” of the population had fun with the jumping puzzle and found it to be an aspiring achievement; I am going to direct at staff my two cents.

First, the green acid is way too fast. So either create a small patch nerf where it slows down the dungeon rate so that more casual people can achieve this jumping puzzle, or remove the timer. Either/or something must be done here because a lot of failures = a lot of failures.

(Emphasis mine)

Does this mean we’ve successfully convinced you since your original post?

I don’t think anyone would dispute the need to fix camera issues, prevent grieving, and that the racial avatar difference is unfair (though some would say not insurmountable). Those are not the reasons why some recent posters are replying the way they are, imo; they seem to be replying off the OP.

Two easy fixes: get rid of timer or make it single player instance. Either will fix the problem.

CHAOM; trolls are replying to my thread because any potential fixing camera, grieving, and racial avatar unfairness would confuse them believing it would decrease difficulty in any way.

I am standing by my original post that something has to be done. Whether staff fixes the common bugs/known problems or they have to consider instancing/removing timer. SOMETHING has to be done, and by the end of the event, whether or not players want any change, the event will be different next year based on the positive/negative criticism from the forums.

When I first started this thread, I was frustrated trying to complete the puzzle after 9 hours of trial and error. I made very little mistakes, but most of that frustration came from mechanical errors; camera zoomed in at the wrong place/wrong time, and no matter how many times I switched to another room, I was always paired up by tall human/charr/norn characters (low level mind you) that were grieving other players by standing in one spot mid way and blocking view. After that, and a circulation of replies, in 2 hours I finally achieved it. Thus completing the puzzle after 11 hours of unnecessary frustration that NO gamer should have to undergo. The average Joe would have bailed but I was determined not to sleep with failure on my mind so I kept on at it.

Thing is, not many people have the free time I do. It’s not player’s fault for reaction times being different based on age, etc. The puzzle was poorly designed, and although it presented a challenge everyone met, many people suffered mentally/raged through it.

Just wish everyone would learn to read. Would save me from having to repeat myself.

(edited by Paranormal Bear.2539)

in Halloween Event

CHOAM.7852

And the voice of reason was heard throughout the land!!! I applaud you, sir or madam.

Despite some rocky developments on this thread, the debate didn’t actually start out polarised between ignorant elitist vs incompetent players. It’s not as if a similar voice wasn’t heard on page 1

Asking for an instance option is a legitimate request that I can get behind… everything else that isn’t a bug can stay the same.

I’ll agree with this. I did my runs in a group of 10 or so, but I can see how it can become incredibly frustrating if you had much more than that.

in Halloween Event

CHOAM.7852

CHAOM; trolls are replying to my thread because any potential fixing camera, grieving, and racial avatar unfairness would confuse them believing it would decrease difficulty in any way.

I am standing by my original post that something has to be done. Whether staff fixes the common bugs/known problems or they have to consider instancing/removing timer.

Do you agree that removing the timer/green stuff does decrease the difficulty?

You beseech others to understand your arguments on the bug fixes and grieving, yet you seem reluctant to concede that their concern has legitimacy for one of your suggestion.

No one is saying “keep the camera problems” or “keep the speed boost grievers”. What we/they were saying is “keep the timer and fix everything else that is a bug”. The issue of timer is a legitimate concern and reply to your OP; people have a tendency to read OP and can’t wait to read the rest of the thread before replying.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Second, this puzzle is not fun. I’ve been playing for more than 9 hours straight, and with my graphics settings on low, I just do not have the patience to continue to fail and fail and fail again. There is no practice setting in this event, because of the first issue I mentioned above. Now most of you are going to feel defensive and yell out, “WELL I DID IT SO SHOVE IT” and that isn’t quite fair to others. Are you saying that because 1-3 players out of their 10-15 group made it to the top, picked up their slippers/rewards and bragged it and then returned only to farm more items, have the right to force the “fun” from everyone else and limit entry to others making it an elitist farming puzzle? If you were going to do that, then why didn’t you make it a gem-only event?

Till this hour, people in game are screaming their minds off not completing the event after trying again and again and again and again and so on. So tell me, does staff still think it’s an individual issue?

I read somewhere in the forums that the puzzle was taken off as an achievement, but see here, I spent MORE THAN NINE HOURS, and I’m not the only one, and I haven’t received my slippers, so why should I quit trying to do an event that was DESIGNED to be fun for the public? Are you all trying to change the meaning of fun and shoot an arrow to the knee to everyone regardless of their build because, oh yes, your settings were better designed to handle the puzzle?

My character is a lvl 80 Engineer Asuran. I have a rough time making 180 degree turns after the pink clogs while a bunch of norn, human, and charr characters (especially tall created ones) are in the same instance. It’s even more challenging having the acid rapidly catch up to you, and then of course, lovely orrian hands trying to pull you within the gears.

Quite honestly, I’m disappointed in this event. I was looking forward to achieving this jumping puzzle the first couple of hours, but after wanting to destroy my keyboard and monitor after frustrated fail after fail, makes me rethink if I should continue playing or just stop playing and switch to a better title that encourages “fun” to ALL players and not just a small elite few.

I’ve studied the youtube walkthrough. I know the route, I am not dumb here. I paid 165.00 USD for the collectors edition. I’m a veteran through and through, and beat most of this game. I don’t agree with whoever designed the puzzle to make it the hardest fragment of the entire game (even harder than Zhaitan). I think it was a mistake to ignore the casual and disabled population (including age reaction times), and honestly, it is a shame to all developers for not foreseeing that this puzzle would pose a problem to race and height of such race. (Asura vs Norn/Human/Charr).

What we should totally do is adjust the game so it fits your definition of fun, but a catch. You will need to fund the purchasing of the next game for all the people you disenfranchise with your changes.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Smallest asura female character

So far 1 session that was 4 hours, and one session that was 3.5 hours.

I have logged 7.5 hours total doing the puzzle. It’s fun. I can understand people not wanting it changed. If I ever got it completed the feeling of elation would be INSANE! Talk about achievement, HOWEVER….

This game is supposed to be playable by millions of people from all over the world, young, old, disabled, reflex challenged, people with heart problems, stress issues…

This puzzle will cause problems for a large amount of players. I want to pull my hair out because 7.5 hours later I don’t have it yet. I end up doing jump puzzles for other people because I’m pretty decent at them (in my household), not this one.. Someone with a bad heart, or stress problems could be in serious trouble! Some people aren’t gonna be able to do it at all!

Other problems.

• Mouse issues. Because it’s right right right, even with mouse sensitivity all the way up, and camera rotation all the way up, my mouse ends up off the mouse pad, because I don’t have a point I can reset it.
  • More mouse issues. On random occasions using the right click and hold results in nothing happening, or you targeting a random person on your screen INSTEAD of panning. This = fail.
  • Camera issues. Due to clipping issues on objects, and catching on character models, my camera goes in and out, in and out. I tried this with both normal and FOV beta (the FOV beta is a nice improvement btw.)
  • Character issues. Due to sizes, clashing etc, it’s almost impossible to know where your character is at in relation to the puzzle if you have more than 5 people in one cluster.
  • Cogs. I’ve only heard of asura complain about this, but I regularly get stuck in the teeth of cogs, with keeps me from running, thus if I do press forward I usually end up shimmying off and to my death, or madness if the case may be…
  • Random teleports. Being well above the mist, and landing on an object (you see yourself land) then being teleported to the start zone! Apparently it became permeable, and you dribbled through…
  • People have been making the clock face, jumping at the breaking, and not getting in.
  • A whole slew of other complaints I can’t remember right now because after 7.5 hours doing nothing but jumping, I’m exhausted.

Please do fix this, or provide an option for us to have solo instances of it. That would at least fix SOME of the issues.

(edited by zaxziakohl.5243)

in Halloween Event

Hermes.7014

Quite frankly, I’ve never seen anyone quitting a game because it didnt’ have hard puzzles.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

Quite frankly, I’ve never seen anyone quitting a game because it didnt’ have hard puzzles.

That’s because they don’t go to the forum and complain “This games puzzles are too easy! I quit!” they instead silently lose interest and move onto other games.
The ones that think they are entitled to and achievement just because it exists are the vocal ones, and the ones that will threaten to quit. (They likely will not though)

in Halloween Event

CHOAM.7852

What about people who quit because of a buggy but optional puzzle?

in Halloween Event

Hermes.7014

What about people who quit because of a buggy but optional puzzle?

Actually, neither.

But anyways the concept of difficulty and fun is very relative.
Yet you can’t just say (generally speaking) “what’s not fun for you is fun for me so leave it as it is”. There will always be opinions in contrast.
Change has to be done so that it is acceptable for both sides of the argument. And to begin with, they should fix the design flaws.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

In my opinion, and it is JUST an opinion and I accept that others’ opinions will vary, hard content like this type of puzzle etc is for the every day game while Holiday content should be frivolous and joyful. I mean a holiday is supposed to be party time. No one socializes during an aggravating timed bug ridden jumping puzzle. Really, save the hard work for every day gaming and let the holiday stuff be about socialization and merriment only.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aroxisas.2416

Aroxisas.2416

Did it 3 times with Human elementalist… first time it took me 3 hours now it got a easier. I have to admit that it is hard, but tweaking is not required. If a casual player like me can do it, so can you

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Temporarily locking for clean up

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone.

In the interest of allowing the discussion to follow , we’re going to re-open this thread.

Please refrain from non constructive behaviour and personal attacks as well as other behaviour faults.

Thanks for your understanding

in Halloween Event

Keiran.1896

I’m just farming it now, I got hundreds of bags from it in around an hour

Just don’t give up, it took me an hour for the first win!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

In my opinion, and it is JUST an opinion and I accept that others’ opinions will vary, hard content like this type of puzzle etc is for the every day game while Holiday content should be frivolous and joyful. I mean a holiday is supposed to be party time. No one socializes during an aggravating timed bug ridden jumping puzzle. Really, save the hard work for every day gaming and let the holiday stuff be about socialization and merriment only.

This strongly depends on the group you end up with. I do feel bad for people who end up with griefers and whatnot of course, but the bulk of my runs were with jolly folk who were making jokes at each other and laughing at our collective failure – while people who started to learn and eventually made it came back to guide others. It was a unique social experience – bonding with people who were suffering through the same frustrating content as you were. I liked the experience =D

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dragonsbane.4051

Dragonsbane.4051

No, this is just fine like it is at the moment. I have been playing platformer games and all but this was a nice challenge. Took me close to 1.5 hours completing it the first time, and can say it felt like an achievement, like others have stated.

No luck involved or anything, can do it with an asura with norns and charrs (surely is harder). Wish there could be more challenging puzzles like this in the future.

If you can’t make it, take a little break and come back with new motivation. It takes many tries and so on but once you learn the jumps it gets easier every time. And if you weren’t able to do it, it’s only a small achievement not counting to that emissary title.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grimshetara.3265

Grimshetara.3265

Don’t know if its because I’m an Asian, but I did it in 24minutes on my Charr and 10minutes on my Human, then first try on my Asura.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Radene.3194

Radene.3194

Cry more you entitled losers at anything not handed to you in a gift wrapped box..

See, this is the kind of comment I personally would punish with a 24-hour game ban. It brings nothing to the discussion, all it does is insult others, disregarding everything that was actually said.

I don’t work at Anet of course, so I can only throw this little opinion out there, but who knows, maybe it will be considered somewhere.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

absolutly not fun when you realize that you cannot see your character due to 10 others in the instance. everyone picks bigger and bigger characters to be seen over the others leaving humans and asuran to fail hard. you pray that everyone just fails and the sense of players helping players is erased from pure rage that anet would make this stupid thing. you can clearly see the people who paid anet for boosters have an advantage too and the poor people cant afford them. this is a liomited time event and we have to choose between getting this jump or complting other event stuff? i dont have as much time as you may have so im punished… thanks anet. you failed

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TommyProvolone.3715

TommyProvolone.3715

Cry more you entitled losers at anything not handed to you in a gift wrapped box..

No one is asking it to be handed to them, they just want it to be a fair challenge.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

I tried to read the full thread before posting, but honestly, I got sick of all the trolling from people saying “I did it so don’t nerf it” and telling everyone who supported some changes that “they” were ruining the game.

Let me get some things put out there up front:

No I haven’t completed the puzzle
Yes I have tried
No I am not trying anymore

Why? Because I don’t need to end up like the people in Taiwan (or wherever it was) that are playing these games and actually die in the process. I like Guild Wars 2, a lot. I don’t need to die for a game.

Do I think it is a good/hard puzzle?
No.
The other jumping puzzles, you had to use some actual brain power, think about where your goal was and work out a maze. This puzzle is nothing like that and the majority of the posters who are against changing it saying it’s good actually make my point for me. They say “it’s about memorizing the jumps”. That isn’t a jumping puzzle. That’s grinding!

My suggestion would be:

Make a solo instance for those of us who want the “achievement” which doesn’t have the mist and in exchange no reward chests. We can get the completion, we can feel the same accomplishment, and we don’t have to struggle until our adrenaline keels us over, and we can “practice” this memorization so we can get to the chest if we want to. If all we care about is the one time through, then the one time through is good enough and we aren’t clogging up the “hard mode” for those who really WANT the chest and the adrenaline rush.

To those who say “it’s here for a week, it’s not a rush”, actually, it’s not here for a week, and it is quite a rush for those of us who want to get it. It started on 10/26 late in the day, and the whole event ends on 11/1 at midnight PST according to what I read, that is LESS than a week. Take out of that all the time needed to spend working on dailies, monthlies, as well as the other puzzles in the event (the Mad King’s Biography, the Haunted Doors, the Halloween events, etc.) it’s even less than a week. Some of us don’t want to use the internet to spoil the quests giving it to us on a silver platter, and therefore these riddles and “explorations” take a good bit of time. Add on top of that everyone has a real life with family, jobs, other obligations, there is very few people who can spend 11 hours, 6 hours, or even 2 hours on something that has so many “quirks” about the chance at the opportunity to finish.

I spent roughly 2 hours yesterday trying to get this, and found it to be the most exasperating waste of energy I have experienced in the game. That is above all the other jumping puzzles I have completed. I actually like the jumping puzzles, because there is a PUZZLE to them. I don’t mind doing them with other people because if someone is in my way I can just wait, adjust, line up, and go when I am ready. They are enjoyable even though my heart starts racing, my adrenaline gets pumping and I get tense… It’s not something that makes me feel like I want to slit my own wrists and paint the Guild Wars 2 emblem on the wall in my own blood.

As I said, this would give the people who WANT the bragging rights the chance to keep their bragging rights. It would give the people who want the chest the chance to earn and attain it. It would give the people who just want to have the orange bar fill up because they mindlessly jumped enough jumps without dying the chance to do that. Mind you, taking out the mist is not going to make the clock tower a walk in the park. You still have to make the jumps, of which some of them are long shots. You can even still make it a 90 second timed thing, but let people choose where they spend the seconds (especially on an event item that technically is being timed to 2 days (because the next act comes out Sunday).

It is not at all unusual for MMO’s to have different modes to accommodate the different player interests – Normal mode (no mist/goo and in private or grouped party instance) and Hard mode (mist, and open world). They already do this type of thing in the dungeons they just call it something different – Story Mode and Explore Mode. Story modes are by far much easier than explore modes are. It’s just no one is complaining about those because the story mode came first and the explore mode after.

Piken Square

in Halloween Event

Keiran.1896

Guys I got 272 ToT bags just by doing this during 2 hours. This puzzle is just awesome <3

My best score is like 10 times in a row without falling.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Please do not changes a thing if you cant beat it then you cant it means nothing in the long run.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Halloween Event

Andy.1943

magicweaver.2695

Do I think it is a good/hard puzzle?
No.
The other jumping puzzles, you had to use some actual brain power, think about where your goal was and work out a maze. This puzzle is nothing like that and the majority of the posters who are against changing it saying it’s good actually make my point for me. They say “it’s about memorizing the jumps”. That isn’t a jumping puzzle. That’s grinding!

Disagree, puzzles come in varieties. Solving this one requires you utilizing the shortest path to make it. It’s a puzzle just as much as Griffonrook Run is a jumping puzzle.

magicweaver.2695

Make a solo instance for those of us who want the “achievement” which doesn’t have the mist and in exchange no reward chests.

magicweaver.2695

As I said, this would give the people who WANT the bragging rights the chance to keep their bragging rights.

Disagree, the achievement is there for the people who actually completed the jumping puzzle. If you want to add an easier version it would make more sense to give the easier version the chest, but not the achievement. That way everyone can enjoy the rewards of Halloween and those that complete a challenge actually get the achievement. Doing it the other way around makes no sense.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: xodex.4321

xodex.4321

Clock tower is not funny, thats annoying.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CrimsonRipper.5087

CrimsonRipper.5087

I don’t like the puzzle because of how poor the camera is, whenever I hit certain parts of the puzzle the camera forces itself in to where I can’t see anything, and I then fall and have to take it from the top. Otherwise It wouldn’t be as hard as it is. Maybe make the green slime rise up slower. Maybe.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yula.2051

Yula.2051

I didn’t read all the comments, but I agree with the opener of this topic!

THIS. PUZZLE. IS. NOT. FUN.

Make the oozee rise slower or something! Or remove that brick after the first “waiter point”, because everybody hit their heads into it and bam, half of the party is gone, the other half is dying in the rising ooze! I tried it countles times and I’m not too bad in jumping puzzles, but this rising green… thing is impossible! And all of the party respawned with me, so nobody can reach the top.

Okay. I saw a video too, that an asura made it. But half of the players already hate jumping puzzles and you not make it easier for them. I didn’t hate the jumping puzzles, but… THIS ONE… I will abandon it, unless I don’t hear in the next patch-note, that it’s easier.

Thank you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Played for 1 hour, completed it – I don’t see the issue :/ Yes it can be frustrating but you just gotta concentrate and it will pay off, seriously it’s not THAT hard lol

The only one complaint i have is the camera. By the gods, please fix the camera so those kinds of events and puzzles won’t be a real nightmare. I kept dying and dying because the camera bounces in and of my character

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Walker.2184

Walker.2184

I spent an hour on the puzzle before i finally completed it. After that i completed it another 200+ times(yes…you read that right). It is a very easy puzzle once you get used to the timing of the jumps and put the effort in. Its an amazing puzzle and shouldn’t really be changed. But slowing the green mist wouldn’t be a horrible change all things considered.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ghostly.4162

Ghostly.4162

The puzzle was designed to have 5% of the population complete it. Not everything that’s in a game HAS to be accessible freely to anyone that wants it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

I love jumping puzzles and I think this one was a ton of fun, however there were a few things I really disliked:

1. Disadvantage to certain classes: Warriors could still use their banners and traits were still in effect so the ability for some classes to use their speed boosts were removed while others like the ele’s were not affected at all.

2. It would have been more fun instanced or if everyone was transformed into the same sized character: Besides the the fact that it was hard to see anything if you had several norn/charr in the group, there were also plenty of people trolling the puzzle with their large characters or through the use of spirits which pretty much block your entire view as well.

3. Annoying glitches with camera angles randomly changing and zooming into the back of your characters head.

4. Teleportation bug where you get randomly teleported back to the start of the puzzle for no reason at all. This was probably the worst one for me, I lost count how many times I ran up those final set of steps just to get teleported back before I even had a chance to attempt making that final jump.