Mad King Says?

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

In the Mad King dungeon, before the Mad King itself begins his attack, there is a little “Mad King says” game, similar to the one in GW1. Now, in the original Guild Wars, failing to obey the king would make the character die, and winning would give some bags. In GW2, failing to obey him has not killed anyone…

Does anyone know what happens if we obey him? Knowing how playful ArenaNet is, I’m sure it does something. Are we awarded bags? Do we get less enemy spawns? Better rewards from the chest?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alex Sanchez.6792

Alex Sanchez.6792

I think its supposed to be more of an homage to GW1, but not actually a serious boss mechanic. I could be wrong though.

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I believe only the person who created the instance has to obey him. He will replace all of your skills and allocate randomly 5? gesture through your skillbar.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Krisko.4093

Krisko.4093

What happens is similar to the Lunatic Inquisition, you have so many seconds to hit the right emote as they randomly shuffle around on your skillbar.

If you don’t do it, you take some damage and get knocked down.

If you do do it, the next wave starts.

It would be almost-kind-of-difficult if the whole party had to do it, but alas, only 1 gets afflicted.

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

It’s not even worth it like in GW1. In GW1 it was actually fun. In this one the monsters attack you regardless. I just hang back and wait for the mobs to spawn and attack them instead of doing his games.

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wonder how many people would fail and die every time and then rage on forums.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: raptorak.8250

raptorak.8250

If you don’t obey, you take around 7k damage (at least to my Engi). If you do, nothing happens.

And @Cake, if you’re the one with the transform, you can’t just hang back and attack, as you have no skills (other than the 5 that are part of transform).

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

“Mad King Says?”

Fix my clock tower.

?

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

The first time I did this me and the whole group did the commands. And suffered greatly for it. No one died, but it slowed us down in killing the horde of candy.

After that I noticed the pop up and did it that way, and then after that I just ignored it (if I wasn’t leader). I did expect it to be like gw1 but it seems its not.

Mad King Says?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Only one person gets picked to do it.

You don’t use emotes… you use for some reason a changed skill bar and have to pick the emote.

It’s kind of annoying and I hope he doesn’t play this game at the party because it’s not really Mad King says anymore but a click the right icon game.