Mad King's Clocktower - SKIPABLE!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Theta Zero.9023

Theta Zero.9023

Good news guys! The clock-tower does not count for the Mad King’s Emesary achievement/title! Also, since seasonal achievements are likely to disappear after the holiday, this means you can still get 100% completion of the game WITHOUT doing this jumping puzzle! Those missed achievement points? There’s no real max achievement points because of repeatable achievements like Dailies. So be happy, rejoice, and have a fantastic Halloween!

Props and respect to those who accomplish the Clocktower anyway.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Good news! The whole game is skippable. Talk about missing the point.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

Good news! The whole game is skippable. Talk about missing the point.

Good news! There’s no middle ground, the world revolves around me.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

in Halloween Event

Theta Zero.9023

Lol, Im talking about game completionists here. They aren’t missing out by being unable to participate in this jumping puzzle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yes, they are. Completionists exist to complete things.

If you take that from them, you might as well take out their brains with a icecream scoop, cook them with cinnamon, and serve them to a mountain troll.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Yes, they are. Completionists exist to complete things.

If you take that from them, you might as well take out their brains with a icecream scoop, cook them with cinnamon, and serve them to a mountain troll.

How about we limit this to apply to “title collectors”?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Oh Theta honey. You have no idea about the word “completionist” do you. Or what drives us to do it.

You can’t just ‘skip’ it. It absolutely must be done. No matter how many glass desks we shatter or laptops thrown against walls or keyboards smashed on floors in our mad rage.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

How about we limit this to apply to “title collectors”?

A true completionist won’t care about achievements. They’ll do things for the sake of it, because they are there to be done, like the first guy who reached level 20 in pre-Searing Ascalon in Guild Wars 1.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

Oh, hey, you can skip and ignore the entire Halloween event, period! And you might be better off, too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SirOrangeALot.3760

SirOrangeALot.3760

Thank you theta zero that makes me feel a little better that im not goign to waist 5 hours of my life trying to get this kittening joke of an op puzzle

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

I appreciate you too, Theta. Thank you! I don’t know that I’d ever be able to complete that one.

in Halloween Event

Theta Zero.9023

Oh Theta honey. You have no idea about the word “completionist” do you. Or what drives us to do it.

You can’t just ‘skip’ it. It absolutely must be done. No matter how many glass desks we shatter or laptops thrown against walls or keyboards smashed on floors in our mad rage.

^This

I do understand that, and perhaps the term “completionist” was incorrectly used…but I did want to share the knowlege that there won’t be any permanent deteriments to your account (such as an ugly empty achievement bar that will never be filled, or an empty slot that can never be filled) by not finishing this puzzle. That won’t apeal to everyone; If you want to finish the puzzle for the sake of finishing it, do it! I want to see you succeed! But if you’re like me and feel it’s not worth the frustration, understand that you’re not permanently locked out of anything by choosing not to participate. Perhaps the slippers, but you can emulate that with the craftable rune and some level 80 explorer’s gear with a reskin.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

But there is a bar. It just won’t affect a second bar.