"Made in Tyria"

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Just saw this on the bottom of the plastic spider model.

Loving the details!

(To best see this, get turned into a plastic spider, zoom all the way in, look straight up towards the sky, and jump)

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Isciira.2958

Isciira.2958

I saw that too. Another little detail I loved was the texture of the candy corn elementals. They have the exact matte texture of real candy corn. Really impressed with Anet and their attention to detail.

Amaris Procella-80 Thief on TC
Ridley Procella-80 ele

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Amos.8760

Yeah, I liked the candy corn texture too. This event was just so well done.

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If ArenaNet are capable of releasing this kind of content, or close to, every month, then I have huge expectations for this game.

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

It won’t be every month. Halloween is a special event like Xmas in the US. I’d expect 3 or 4 events / updates like this per year

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: The Cow King.3086

The Cow King.3086

It won’t be every month. Halloween is a special event like Xmas in the US. I’d expect 3 or 4 events / updates like this per year

Actually, if you view the homepage, you can see they’re planning a big event release for each month. This month’s is “The Lost Shores.” May not be on the scale of the Halloween event, but they are planning monthly events.

That being said, there were 5 major recurring events annual for GW1 – Christmas, Halloween, “Canthan” New Year, Dragon Festival, and the Anniversary celebrations. Then there were many minor events – St. Patrick’s day, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas in July, Talk Like a Pirate day.. And I’m sure they’ve only thought of more.

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Actually, they’ve said “The Lost Shores” will be a larger update than the Halloween update.

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Not likely to happen as it’s too short notice, but a Tyrian equivalent of Guy kittenes Night would be ace. Burning effigies, fireworks, bonfires, etc.

Edit: Hah, they censor the last name of the most prominent member of the Gunpowder Plot?
Rouffle.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

(edited by Mungrul.9358)

"Made in Tyria"

in Halloween Event

Amos.8760

Actually, if you view the homepage, you can see they’re planning a big event release for each month. This month’s is “The Lost Shores.” May not be on the scale of the Halloween event, but they are planning monthly events.

That being said, there were 5 major recurring events annual for GW1 – Christmas, Halloween, “Canthan” New Year, Dragon Festival, and the Anniversary celebrations. Then there were many minor events – St. Patrick’s day, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas in July, Talk Like a Pirate day.. And I’m sure they’ve only thought of more.

The more I hear about GW1, the more I feel like I should have tried it…