My only problem with costume brawl:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yashimata.2986

Yashimata.2986

Some costumes are way, way better than others (which are all miles ahead of tonics, which are again better than the witch cauldron forms). I don’t expect things to be completely balanced (or anywhere near that), but pretty much nothing can compare to the mad king’s brawling skills.

• Main attack is AoE
  • AoE daze that lasts 6 seconds (pulsing so as to rake in as many points as possible)
  • AoE fear (which you can use to cover the short downtime between the AoE dazes).

Compare that to, well, any other non-costume brawling skills (i.e. any tonic), and the person with the tonic doesn’t even stand a chance.

Other than the obvious few overpowered costumes though, it’s as fun as those dressed up quaggans are cute.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chrollo.2173

Chrollo.2173

Sort of make sense though. The best ones I’ve seen is the Skeleton.

Cone Attack
Daze
Knockback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I have to agree.

It’s funny complaining about something being OP in a silly thing like costume brawl, but the mad king outfit is so excessively so it feels pretty fruitless going and playing with any large group of people.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Halloween-themed costumes are definitely more powerful than the animal forms, but I consider it a fair trade-off considering those players paid gems for their costumes while the rest of us are just jumping in for free. There are also some animal forms which have very powerful skills, such as the Moa (AoE rapid attack that can easily rack up points if you use it while everybody’s standing around a cauldron or table), or the Golem (same situation using it’s spinning attack).

Besides, it’s not like being the Brawl King has any lasting benefits aside from progress in a title. It’s a bit like taking part in a pillow fight; fun for a while, then you just move on to something else once you get bored of it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yashimata.2986

Yashimata.2986

Sort of make sense though. The best ones I’ve seen is the Skeleton.

Cone Attack
Daze
Knockback

AoE daze to stop your attacks
AoE fear to knock you off a ledge or into the water, cancelling your skeleton

The Halloween-themed costumes are definitely more powerful than the animal forms, but I consider it a fair trade-off considering those players paid gems for their costumes while the rest of us are just jumping in for free. There are also some animal forms which have very powerful skills, such as the Moa (AoE rapid attack that can easily rack up points if you use it while everybody’s standing around a cauldron or table), or the Golem (same situation using it’s spinning attack).

Besides, it’s not like being the Brawl King has any lasting benefits aside from progress in a title. It’s a bit like taking part in a pillow fight; fun for a while, then you just move on to something else once you get bored of it.

Like I said, I don’t mind that the paid costumes are “better”. My problem is when they’re so ridiculously better. Witch is okay. Pirate and chef are too. Mad King? God mode.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

True OP ability of gem costumes:

Standing on top of mystic forge in the mists, beckoning players to jump in. I loves me some adventurer gumbo.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hexd.4796

Hexd.4796

Its alright that the costume is better, but everyone that uses them just goes in and out of ‘costume brawl mode’ so they cant be hit at all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Mad King > Zombie > Skeleton > everything else

It makes sense though that the Mad King would be better in the Brawl as you have to get it with Gems as opposed to the rest which are from the Mystic Forge Cauldron, Tonics, little Cauldron, etc.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iruparazzo.1092

Iruparazzo.1092

Yeah kinda not fun trying to jump that horribly built staircase to the cauldron (where the railings will make the camera bug-out) only to be feared off the top of it by some kitten in Mad King costume.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Troggdor.7324

Troggdor.7324

um maybe your not good at it you know how many times I have got my but kicked by a hawk or a moa or frog or…………. anyways try to play better I have mad king but have played with Calderon and still taken out mad king and witches.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i think the insanity and the chaos counter the balance. plus, it’s a for lulz activity with no downside to losing (you don’t even lose your racked points).

me personally i find the witch’s costume to be pretty kitten good, and i love placing cauldrons to lure players :P

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell