in Halloween Event

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I’m kidding.
I hate the bugs.

Here’s some feedback:

Test chest drop rates.
Do it, give it a try.
Use like an algorithm to make sure you don’t OVER DO IT.

Kinda sucks how you A-fail keep giving ridiculous opportunities to make gold to NEETS and other no-lifers.

Yeah I’m pretty genuinely mad considering I’m not alone when it comes to this situation.

Feel free to delete this thread in 3 minutes. I just wanted to release my frustration in a positive way.

But seriously, I know so many people that exploited the unending h’ween doors, and the same people have now made ridiculous gold from the insane drop rates of the chests. Both of which are now nerfed...

All it takes is a little bit of care...

kittenit

NERF'WEEN: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bugs

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

What does it matter how much gold other people make in an online game? does the amount of pixels another person has have any effect on your gameplay?

Please, dont deflect the question and answer it in a non dismissive way, I really want to hear your opinion.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Halloween Event

FXLEACH.9436

What does it matter how much gold other people make in an online game? does the amount of pixels another person has have any effect on your gameplay?

Please, dont deflect the question and answer it in a non dismissive way, I really want to hear your opinion.

A sudden influx of gold thru a poorly created event which is then nerfed badly influences all those that missed out, floods and then pushes up the economy which then leaves many, many people behind.

thanks for your sincere question, I hope my answer reflects that.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

But what is there to be behind in? In my experience, besides all the fluff, 99% of content is available no matter how much money you have.

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

Posted by: HTS.1267

HTS.1267

I was in a dungeon when this all happened. What exactly was the exploit? Just curious. Could ANET please tell us who haven’t exploited yet when they’re happening to give us a chance to catch up. We all know they’re going to “mis-code” something else in the near future so just give the rest of us a chance to make some gold.

in Halloween Event

FXLEACH.9436

But what is there to be behind in? In my experience, besides all the fluff, 99% of content is available no matter how much money you have.

precursors (mainly my worry) if they keep going up…
You’re right that ninety-nine percent of content is available no matter what, and that’s good.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

tldr version:

YOU were exploiting some bugs in Halloween (which 99% of players, including me) didn’t know existed, and now you’re upset that the fun is over and you can’t make phat cash.

Diddums.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

It’s all about the pixels to some people, if they see someone else with a shiny weapon they get envious and want something shiny for themselves.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

in Halloween Event

FXLEACH.9436

I was in a dungeon when this all happened. What exactly was the exploit? Just curious. Could ANET please tell us who haven’t exploited yet when they’re happening to give us a chance to catch up. We all know they’re going to “mis-code” something else in the near future so just give the rest of us a chance to make some gold.

From my research they nerfed the drop rate of exotics in the chests (via the clocktower) and the drop rates of t6 items in the labrynth.

this had other effects, e.g., people buying mad moon shields for 15g which are now selling for 70g (post anet nerf, lol, kitten you anet)

in Halloween Event

HTS.1267

I swear there’s someone inside Arenanet who is purposely putting these exploits in as a favor to one of his friends that play. No way can they make this many mistakes in one game in this short of a time period.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

no exploits. just very high chance of acquiring exotics from the event chests. obviously OP is mad that someone made some easy money and now can buy a couple of skins from TP or cultural armor and he cant.

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

So that makes it ok? Your char will look like a beggar , while other will look ultra cool since they exploited , you did not. Yeah i mean , sure , i dont mind that at all.

GW2 IS ABOUT LOOKS , skins , visual pixels that look better than other visual pixels.

That is the reward/reason for pretty much about every single bit of later content.

If you think , hey , i dont care about look , what a silly thing.

Then you will get tired of this game very very fast.

Hell , a legendary , the ultimate weapon people farm like crazy , got 0 better stats , it is simple a pretty skins over a normal sword you could get in easily.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

FXLEACH.9436

It’s all about the pixels to some people, if they see someone else with a shiny weapon they get envious and want something shiny for themselves.

actually I’m more concerned that they are not double-checking their content enough pre-launch
But yes, I would like to have a fair shot at getting some nice shiny items. Isn’t that kinda what MMO’s have been about for quite a few years now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silvard.3469

Silvard.3469

I’ll try to explain this to you, I hope you understand.

Let’s say that one of my gameplay goals is to craft a legendary. They require a lot of expensive stuff, like mats and precursors. If other people with the same goal as me make an inordinate amount of money more than I do not due to legitimate efforts but due to A.net oversights like these, then they effectively make it harder for me to reach my own goal. Since they have more money they can afford to pay more for precursors and mat than I do, so the items will be priced according to what they are willing and able to pay.

Since the supply is the same then that means that even though we might put in the same amount effort, I have to wait until everyone who benefited from A.net oversights to get whatever they want before I get to have it.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

Then they need to work for it, not try and convince Anet to break what they fixed.

You cant seriously think that a chest that takes no skill to beat (due to people zerging it down) should drop exotics every single time you open it?

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

FXLEACH.9436

no exploits. just very high chance of acquiring exotics from the event chests. obviously OP is mad that someone made some easy money and now can buy a couple of skins from TP or cultural armor and he cant.

you read my mind

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raijjn.8256

Raijjn.8256

I swear there’s someone inside Arenanet who is purposely putting these exploits in as a favor to one of his friends that play. No way can they make this many mistakes in one game in this short of a time period.

this IS, after all, Arenanet you’re talking about…

in Halloween Event

HTS.1267

So that makes it ok? Your char will look like a beggar , while other will look ultra cool since they exploited , you did not. Yeah i mean , sure , i dont mind that at all.

GW2 IS ABOUT LOOKS , skins , visual pixels that look better than other visual pixels.

That is the reward/reason for pretty much about every single bit of later content.

If you think , hey , i dont care about look , what a silly thing.

Then you will get tired of this game very very fast.

Hell , a legendary , the ultimate weapon people farm like crazy , got 0 better stats , it is simple a pretty skins over a normal sword you could get in easily.

Hey there. I’m sorry not all of us play this game for the lore. I don’t go around typing /bow to every NPC before I talk to them. When it cost 100-200g to LOOK good and you can only earn 2-4g per hour while farming something is very messed up when people are making 50g+ in a matter of minutes due to Anet’s mistakes. Some of us don’t want to settle for something ordinary. It’s fine that it takes awhile to get but when others are getting a HUGE unfair advantage something needs to be done. There is no quality coming out of these patches.

This is not the first time it has happened. This also won’t be the last.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

I have to wait until everyone who benefited from A.net oversights to get whatever they want before I get to have it.

I do understand and in no way am I disagreeing with you, I would rather these bugs not happen at all, but you must understand that this is an MMO with millions of people playing. Its almost guaranteed that no matter what, multiple people will have something before you. If you want everything first, you’re going to have to compete with these guys who figure out every single exploit and take advantage of it.

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JayPham.9537

JayPham.9537

dude, i twas thinking the same thing man… what a coincidence…

friend-“hey man… i need some money for my legendary..think you can hook me up?”

anet-“yeh bro lemme just code this ‘exploit’ real quick… it’s gonna happen around 2 o clock and u got a 3 hour window to do this before my co workers find out and fix it.. have fun”

friend-" thanks brosif… ’ppreciate it"

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

Wow, did someone order a bunch of tinfoil hats?

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hughs.6549

Hughs.6549

Jrunyon.3012

You’re cute really..

Why did arenanet ban thousands of accounts for making insane golds from the karma weapons exploit then ?

Because it’s KITTENS the economy

in Halloween Event

FXLEACH.9436

Please don’t fight against each other.
This is primarily between us as players, and ANET.

Some really good posts already, many thanks bros.

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

You’re cute really..

Why did arenanet ban thousands of accounts for making insane golds from the karma weapons exploit then ?

Because it’s KITTENS the economy

Hey bud, how about keeping the condescending undertone to a minimum, it makes the rest of your reply look bad.

No where did I say that it didnt mess with the economy, nor did I say that those people deserve to be unbanned.

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

Hughs.6549

Jrunyon.3012 : What’s your point then ? i’m sorry i guess i can’t stand “arenanet fanboys defenders no matter what” anymore, my bad : p

Right. All they had to do was “delete” the items to get their accounts back.

i know, and many people didn’t even get banned : / too many exploits in this game so far tbh, quite fishy…

(edited by Hughs.6549)

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

My point is that you dont have to constantly watch the market to have fun in this game. If thats what you want to do (and I do enjoy it) then you’ll have to adapt to whatever is happening in the market.

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

HTS.1267

To everyone who thinks exploiters are ruining the economy:
http://i.imgur.com/0SvK9.jpg

in Halloween Event

Hughs.6549

Jrunyon.3012

My point is that you dont have to constantly watch the market to have fun in this game. If thats what you want to do (and I do enjoy it) then you’ll have to adapt to whatever is happening in the market.

<< You’re not playing the right way >>

Most seen answer on this forum

(edited by Hughs.6549)

in Halloween Event

Jrunyon.3012

Welcome to every MMO, this stuff happens at launch. Im not going to sit here and discuss strategies on combating every single bug in the game with you. The whole point of this thread was OP saying that if people make money off an exploit, he should be able to too. I disagree.

Nesmee – Thief

in Halloween Event

HTS.1267

Welcome to every MMO, this stuff happens at launch. Im not going to sit here and discuss strategies on combating every single bug in the game with you. The whole point of this thread was OP saying that if people make money off an exploit, he should be able to too. I disagree.

No, we’re saying: People are making money (100s of gold) off of exploit, maybe Arenanet should test their own game before releasing things people are obviously going to exploit.

in Halloween Event

Hughs.6549

ZERO bugs would be too much to ask, i get that it’s a complex work but THAT many bugs ? every time they release something, it’s half broken….

I like feeling like a customer playing a finished game, not like a 24/7 beta tester

and yeah, bots and exploits ruin the economy, and the fairness. Next time you see someone with a nice legendary weapon, what do u think ? wow ! nice job mate or wow …. probly another exploiter…who knows..whatever

Does it kill the fun ? in some way, yes.

(edited by Hughs.6549)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Rofl, TBH I wouldn’t even know when a person had a legendary item vs some other cool looking item. Good for them (and Anet) if they want to spend a crazy amount of money for a skin to feel good.

Sooner or later there will be an influx of gem store skins which will be the coolest thing of the moment and for under $10 in gems which isn’t bad and supports Anet, I think that works fine.

The only mess up is the BLC drop rate for the hallloween skins. That left a bad taste for paying people.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

HTS.1267

To everyone who thinks exploiters are ruining the economy:
http://i.imgur.com/0SvK9.jpg

OMG LOL
I find it kinda kitten that this sort of thing is still happening and nothing seems to be being done about it as they’re always still there an hour+ later.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

yeah but bots dont have anything people care about…those weapon skins are a different story

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

It’s rather annoying they keep nerfing things post-release.

I ‘farmed’ it briefly, got one exotic out of I think 4 chests. My first exotic drop ever. Apparantly now I am told that this was ‘too much’ and has now been nerfed? That’s just plain unfair honestly.

Not only are lucky players now sitting on a few exotics, for most players, this was also the only way of getting exotics drops, and potentially something where, for once, players that don’t farm 24/7 could get something.

Now it’s on a daily timer? A daily timer to have a slight chance for a random exotic… Wonderful. What next, you make the jumping puzzle easier and give less?

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

I used to think it was really bad that a GM didn’t just poof in there and Banhammer them, then I thought about it.

So we have lots of cheap items in the TP doesn’t that make things more affordable for everyone? I think there would be just as much QQ if the prices in the TP were too high.

Also, I doubt that those botters aren’t being tracked in a database. The longer they think they can get away with it the more links to Goldsellers and Goldbuyers show up. I would LOVE it when a gazilion players who bought cheap gold, powerleveled and got the coolests legendaries to show off, get permabanned.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

What boggles me is why crafting materials arent made to drop more often, then ban the bots. Would allow the common player to farm mats if they wanted, and it wouldnt be such a grind.

WoW’s mats were far less of a grind to get when I played it, and I don’t think them having a sub has anything to do with it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobudo.7943

Bobudo.7943

Also, I doubt that those botters aren’t being tracked in a database. The longer they think they can get away with it the more links to Goldsellers and Goldbuyers show up.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Killing the puppets doesn’t matter; you’ll just see a dozen more ranger/bear bots in a day. Tracing their strings however? That gives you insight into where these things go.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Goobaaa.8241

Goobaaa.8241

When will it my turn to make an event pre nerf