One time event my a**

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bambam.3961

Bambam.3961

I had left early for work to get home just in time for this ‘one time event’ just to realize later on in the day it can still be done, how can it be a one time event if it can be done all day long? Horrible advertisement saying its a one time event..

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

Horrible advertisement for an amazing event.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

This:
It was a one time only cut scene of the Mad King Bursting through the fountain in Lions Arch Not the repeatable dungeon.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

It wasn’t amazing to me… It was just glitched, I saw no Mad King, just a big hole, and we had nothing else to do than watching this video…

Seriously, they shouldn’t had so teased us just for this…

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

I had left early for work to get home just in time for this ‘one time event’ just to realize later on in the day it can still be done, how can it be a one time event if it can be done all day long? Horrible advertisement saying its a one time event..

well.. you might have not noticed but the statue blew up and a big pumpkin dude came out and he got sucked back in n stuff.. not gonna happen again! statue is gone!

Location, location, location.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

You left work early for a game? But anyway, what MrsAngelD said.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

Only left work 30min early but still I hardly consider Mad King Thorn blowing up a statue a one time event.. i would’ve just watched that part on youtube, i liked the event. But please next time dont say that it will be a one time event if it can be run for a few days.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

MrsAngelD.6971

Only left work 30min early but still I hardly consider Mad King Thorn blowing up a statue a one time event.. i would’ve just watched that part on youtube, i liked the event. But please next time dont say that it will be a one time event if it can be run for a few days.

But it was a One Time only event, and if they hadn’t Hyped it and got the information out there, than people would have been complaining saying “OMG You didn’t get the info out and I missed it and can never experience it again!”

Besides it’s my guess that this was a test for other real world changing one time only events they will be adding.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smokey.8902

Smokey.8902

Hell I’d be glad to do it one time. Or to have seen the cutscene. Unfortunately thanks to Anets poor efforts, I’ve been unable to log in for the last hour. It’s alright though, I have plenty of time and opportunities to finish this event what with a hurricane coming in the next few days.

(edited by Smokey.8902)

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Again, had they not told people that it was something they could miss, people would have been rather upset. Make a stink if you like. But you’re just being silly.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

How about “one time cinematic event”… because one time ’Event" in this game implies its going to be an in game actual event like a dynamic event or such.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akasuki Murakami.1634

Akasuki Murakami.1634

Hes just mad because he took off work thinking he was going to get a bunch of loot and skins. Why is everyone so dependent on having to get items for it to be fun, what ever happen to just enjoying the great content and game play. Stop with your kitten sense of entitlement for items and just enjoy the event.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

Actually I didnt say anything about items. Just some sort of actual event that could have only been played by those who were there to actually participate in this “one time event”. I dont care about the loot, just that Anet hyped it to be like something that only those online could do, only to find out it’ll be running for the next couple days.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

Their advertisement WAS very misleading. They really made it sound like there was gonna be some big, super duper, awesome thing happening at Noon PST that you couldn’t absolutely miss! And it turned out to be…..a cutscene. A cutscene that bugged out for a lot of people. I know on my server the Mad King actually didn’t appear in the hole….all everyone saw on my server was the hole itself…that’s it. So the BIG ONE TIME EVENT THAT YOU CAN’T MISS was a cutscene that didn’t even work right for alot of the people who watched it. I would call that very misleading and a huge fail in my book.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The cutscene was the 1 time event. They did say you could watch it on youtube if you missed it…

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kindara.1069

kindara.1069

I thought it was amazing…i’ve played alot of MMOs and they dont just randomly throw you into a cut scene thats not part of a dungeon or something you expect. Then grouping up and going after him? XP bad kitten gifts way cool…not sure why anyone wants to complain about an event that includes everyone and blows anything away other games have done that screw you out of the big stuff if your not max level.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

Why didn’t they just keep the lion statue there, but play a cutscene when you click on it, so that you and your party see the mad king break out before you start the little dungeon.

This would have prevented their servers going fubar because of everyone being logged in and would have allowed everyone to see the cutscene.

There was no point in this being one time only. Just another case of silly design.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

They said that AFTER the fact, that’s the problem. Misleading advertisements shouldn’t be applauded by the public which a good chunk of you guys are doing. I am not complaining about the actual event afterwards. Just the promoting that it is a one time thing that no matter what you shouldn’t miss. But a cutscene=/=event in my book.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

MrsAngelD.6971

Swizzle.7982

Why didn’t they just keep the lion statue there, but play a cutscene when you click on it, so that you and your party see the mad king break out before you start the little dungeon.
This would have prevented their servers going fubar because of everyone being logged in and would have allowed everyone to see the cutscene.
There was no point in this being one time only. Just another case of silly design.

Because Arena Net is trying to give us a Living breath world MMO, In the real world Events happen that you won’t always be around to witness. Events like this Emulate that.

Every year they Drop the ball in New York City on New Years, I don’t get to be there to witness it. I just miss it, I don’t the get epic feeling of the crowd or get to experience any of the things they do if you are there. That’s just life.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

Swizzle.7982

Because Arena Net is trying to give us a Living breath world MMO, In the real world Events happen that you won’t always be around to witness. Events like this Emulate that.

Every year they Drop the ball in New York City on New Years, I don’t get to be there to witness it. I just miss it, I don’t the get epic feeling of the crowd or get to experience any of the things they do if you are there. That’s just life.

There is a huge problem with your logic, actually being in NYC to watch the ball drop is different, different feeling, different vibe, etc. Watching a cutscene in-game to watching a cutscene on youtube has the same exact feeling. NOTHING is different. In the NYC thing there is a huge difference.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dawthus.4630

Dawthus.4630

As was mentioned this is probably a first go for world changing events. The cinematic allows for the map to dynamically change without booting people out of the game and it also allows them to test live changes with a ‘simpler’ event.

I for one thought it was kitten cool to watch happen, especially with all the speculation and the ‘gawking mob’ gathering around and the chaos of everyone diving headlong into the dungeon and at least with us the utter humiliating wipe on the first try solo before our guild actually went about getting into groups and whatnot, was very cool.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

MrsAngelD.6971

Swizzle.7982

There is a huge problem with your logic, actually being in NYC to watch the ball drop is different, different feeling, different vibe, etc. Watching a cutscene in-game to watching a cutscene on youtube has the same exact feeling. NOTHING is different. In the NYC thing there is a huge difference.

No Watching it on Youtube is not the same. It’s not the same as being there and being amped up with your friends and Guildies who are also anticipating the event, and then jumping into the portal Head first without knowing what to expect. So No my logic is not way off or wrong.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

Alright whatever there is no point arguing with you over this, we have two different point of views. One that you are okay with the misleading advertisement and one that I am not.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fudge.7409

Fudge.7409

Meh, I have enjoyed this game thus far, not quite casual, but not yet hardcore.

This event leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Wasn’t in overlflow and in a group, yet go dumped in the instance solo. Lv 80 Warr, and cleared it out quite a bit but just didn’t have the heart nor care to go on to beat the king solo. Too much effort for such kitten returns.

I’ll still play a bit here and there, but from all this Halloween event, I am a bit soured.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

MrsAngelD.6971

Alright whatever there is no point arguing with you over this, we have two different point of views. One that you are okay with the misleading advertisement and one that I am not.

I am not ok with Misleading Advertisements, The difference is I don’t feel mislead, They said it was a one time event and it was. I enjoyed and am very much looking forward to Act 4 and other One time events in Tyria.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Swizzle.7982

Except it’s not really a living breathing world, that’s just the hyperbolic marketing spiel. Dynamic events aren’t one time only, because that would be stupid. I mean take gw1 event finales, they repeated over the course of the day so that everyone could do them, that didn’t make them less special than if they’d occurred only once, it just made them accessible to everyone.

This 5 second cutscene wasn’t epic, and there really is no reason it shouldn’t be shown to everyone entering the dungeon.

Also, I had my fill of ‘experiencing epic crowds’ in the clock tower.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

I am not ok with Misleading Advertisements, The difference is I don’t feel mislead, They said it was a one time event and it was. I enjoyed and am very much looking forward to Act 4 and other One time events in Tyria.

One-time EVENT in this game IMPLIES it will be an actual in-game PLAYABLE dynamic EVENT! Thus misleading

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

MrsAngelD.6971

Except it’s not really a living breathing world, that’s just the hyperbolic marketing spiel. Dynamic events aren’t one time only, because that would be stupid. I mean take gw1 event finales, they repeated over the course of the day so that everyone could do them, that didn’t make them less special than if they’d occurred only once, it just made them accessible to everyone.

This 5 second cutscene wasn’t epic, and there really is no reason it shouldn’t be shown to everyone entering the dungeon.

Also, I had my fill of ‘experiencing epic crowds’ in the clock tower.

I never said it was perfect I said it’s what they are attempting to do, and In My Opinion they are doing a pretty good job compared to what other games have done.

I started this game at head start and leveling my first character I saw tons of events reset over & over. However leveling alts and seeing the zones with not so many people in it, has made a big difference on how immersive the world feels To Me.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tempo.2356

tempo.2356

And it wasn’t even a 1 time thing, the cinematic keeps playing every so often in Lion’s Arch, without actually going to cutscene mode but it still keeps happening…

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

MrsAngelD.6971

One-time EVENT in this game IMPLIES it will be an actual in-game PLAYABLE dynamic EVENT! Thus misleading

They said one time Event not One time Dynamic Event you just took it mean that.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

since this has been marketed as one of the “one time only world changing events”, the thing I’d like to know is how are they gonna fix this? (the “this” being the huge portal in the middle of LA)
will we just log in on the 31st and everything is as if it never happened?
will the days afterwards have cleanup crews tidying up the city and rebuilding the statues?
will the statue be gone for a while whilst it is slowly rebuilt real time like how it was slowly degrading over time?

the fact that they were so good at doing the destruction of the statue over time means that it will just be a little jarring if it’s just “poof, event over, relog now please, oh hey the statue containing a portal to the mad realm is fixed hooray

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

They said one time Event not One time Dynamic Event you just took it mean that.

You’re absolutely right.. I dont think ANYONE took One-Time event to be One-Time Cutscene.. see how more people would be anticipating an actual event instead of a cutscene. But you probably don’t since One-Time Event and One-Time Cutscene is interchangeable for you.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: admcd.4503

admcd.4503

I thought that everyone in the zone would have had to fight the Mad King in Lion’s Arch and maybe push him back into his realm. I was disappointed that it was just a cutscene (in which I didn’t get to see the Mad King at all) but such is life. I’m sure ArenaNet will take the feedback they’ve got from this event and improve the Christmas event in two months.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

I thought that everyone in the zone would have had to fight the Mad King in Lion’s Arch and maybe push him back into his realm. I was disappointed that it was just a cutscene (in which I didn’t get to see the Mad King at all) but such is life. I’m sure ArenaNet will take the feedback they’ve got from this event and improve the Christmas event in two months.

And that’s exactly what I want, people may think I am implying I want some kind of imediant change, no. I just want to to know this stuff for future holiday events. So they can keep improving the game.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah I too missed the “one time event” expecting it to be something unique and special. I actually thought it was going to be this last achievement I had missing from my list.

Turns out it was just a cut-scene, which is fine and all, but a little misleading.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Go stand in front of where the lion statue was, the Mad King occasionally pops out, just like in the cut scene (sans lion explosion).

Plus, it’s all over Youtube, hardly one time.

Once again Anet over-hypes the game.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

“Once again Anet over-hypes the game.”

Probably because they’re excited too.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I loved this one time event. It was a ton of fun waiting in LA with hundreds of people with absolutely NO IDEA what was going to happen when the clock struck noon. People were dancing, there were fireworks going off everywhere, food/costume fights galore. It was epic. Then when the MK burst through the statue people just went crazy. Everyone dove straight into the portal having no idea what to expect and it was a blast.

I’m sorry if your expectations weren’t met, but that really isn’t Anet’s fault. They never said nor implied that this event was going to be some grand opportunity that would instantly grant everyone legendaires or something.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: exphryl.3857

exphryl.3857

It wasn’t amazing to me… It was just glitched, I saw no Mad King, just a big hole, and we had nothing else to do than watching this video…

Seriously, they shouldn’t had so teased us just for this…

Yeah, for me I didn’t see the Mad King himself, although others in my Party did. I mean it was still cool, but probably would’ve been 100x better if it worked properly.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

instanced has been bugged for 5hrs for me. yes since the release of the event.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

I loved this one time event. It was a ton of fun waiting in LA with hundreds of people with absolutely NO IDEA what was going to happen when the clock struck noon. People were dancing, there were fireworks going off everywhere, food/costume fights galore. It was epic. Then when the MK burst through the statue people just went crazy. Everyone dove straight into the portal having no idea what to expect and it was a blast.

I’m sorry if your expectations weren’t met, but that really isn’t Anet’s fault. They never said nor implied that this event was going to be some grand opportunity that would instantly grant everyone legendaires or something.

Legendarilies.. on the contrary. People wanted an ACTUAL EVENT! Not just a cut-scene. That is what some of us is complaining about. Not ONE of us has said anything about loot at all. One-Time Event should be that.. an Event, not a One-Time Cutscene.

Legendarilies.. on the contrary. People wanted an ACTUAL EVENT! Not just a cut-scene. That is what some of us is complaining about. Not ONE of us has said anything about loot at all. One-Time Event should be that.. an Event, not a One-Time Cutscene.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mistafadedglory.3681

mistafadedglory.3681

Wow, I can’t believe you missed the event. You will never know the feeling of being there live. Sorry, but you can’t relive that on YouTube. One time only event was awesome!!

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

Wow, I can’t believe you missed the event. You will never know the feeling of being there live. Sorry, but you can’t relive that on YouTube. One time only event was awesome!!

I was THERE.. and I can tell you.. you CAN re-live the event on youtube, nothing special. Watching the cut-scene in person and watching the cut-scene on youtube.. same feeling

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ccdsurf.8639

ccdsurf.8639

These forums suck my will to live. Mad that it was a one time event planned at an inconvenient time, then mad the actual content is available still (I wish I could have seen the cutscene)… c’mon you guys. Its a great game, great content, just have fun.

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

I had fun :-) Teamed up with some guildies and ran Mad King dungeon a few times, getting faster each time.

I don’t really know what you expected….or maybe you’re just upset because of the “One time” thing? Well let’s look at it this way:

1. You should never cut out of work early for a video game if the game has to meet some level of extraordinary quality to justify doing so in your head. Priorities are key. If you want to leave work, do so. Just don’t complain that leaving early wasn’t worth it. If there’s any question of whether or not it will be worth it, stay at work.

2. I don’t know why they said “One Time Event” when it’s not even a one-time cinematic. You can see it every hour or so if you are standing in Lion’s Arch…..just without the camera angle being all special ‘n stuff. Regardless, I’m actually quite glad this isn’t a one-time dungeon. I am certainly happier than if I’d only gotten to do it once and anyone who couldn’t make it in time was just SOL.

3. Maybe you are upset that the event is just a dungeon? Would you rather have Mad King’s Hunger Games? :-P

Whatever the case. Have fun! It’s Halloween in Tyria! There are tons of events going on all over and ANet has obviously put quite a bit of work into the world and the lore of Tyria for this. Enjoy it and try to be less critical. You’ll have a much better time if you just take it as extra free content for a game you already enjoy playing :-)

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Bambam.3961

I am only complaining that what they had claimed to be a One Time Event is not a one time event. They had misleading advertising for it. Thats the core of this topic and just here to leave feedback that can help Anet in the future with their advertising of their events. Feedback that is meant to be helpful for Anet has turned into personal attacks..

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Swizzle.7982

Having just seen this ‘event’ occur for a second time in game, this time actually in game with the mad king appearing and then being shot back by the priory (rather than a cutscene) all I can say is wow.. Anet are actually just outright lying to hype their game now. One time my kitten

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

I thought the cut scene was cool. In between watching football..

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I have to agree. The cutscene was very impressive, it was cool to see the world be altered after it (check the moon) and the MK dungeon was enjoyable. All in all, it was an fun reason for guildies and the server as a whole to gather together to witness the Mad King’s return.

I’m not always a fan of ArenaNet’s marketing but have to say I never had any expectation that it would be a one-time only dynamic event. In fact I thought doing a cut-scene made perfect sense. It’s something other people can witness if they weren’t able to log on and it doesn’t suck away resources on one-shot content.

If it was some major one-shot piece of content you know there would be even MORE people whining that they weren’t able to log on at the right time to do it. ArenaNet is kittened either way so they decided to go this route.

It was fun and memorable, I can’t ask much more from an MMO.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

One time event my a**

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Avani Silver.2018

Avani Silver.2018

I am pretty sure they said one time surprise not one time event. That’s only misleading in the fact people can imagine a lot of different suprises