Possible to make Reaper's Rumble permanent?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Q:

I’d like to see this mini-game stay for a long time…forever. There are many reasons for this.

1) It’s a mini-game, this game is lacking those (Keg Brawl and Costume Brawl..that’s it!).

2) It’s fun!

3) It’s addictive.

4) It’s unique to the game (what other DoTA style PvP games do we have?)

5) More PvP! (we need more!)

6) Asura of the Corn… (yes, being a tiny Asura and popping out of the corn with a sickle in hand, stabbing people with it…well, we’ve all seen the movies).

Sure there needs to be tweaking to it; like take out the Mad King’s voice, change the Pumpkins to magical orbs, and change the skeletons into Minotaurs or something. There we go, it’s now a year-around event that’s got flair for every season.

Anyone else want this to be a keeper post-Halloween 2012?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Something tells me ANet wouldn’t waste their time designing entire mini-games that would only be available for a few days at best.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: eyelogix.1654

eyelogix.1654

Actually they do it has been that way since GW1 as well, but they had to keep it interesting otherwise it would have been pointless to keep it in the game.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well i think these games are only available once per year during festive seasons.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: hakurface.2619

hakurface.2619

Yea, I was just about to make a forum post about this.

I absolutely love RR. DoTA/LoL style and it’s friggin fun. I love dropping an aimed shot on a group or someone trying to heal. Sniped someone stealth’d in the bushes trying to revive his buddy I just killed. Was pure awesomeness.

KEEP THIS.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

well i think these games are only available once per year during festive seasons.

Nah, it’ll be more than once per year. There’ll be a Thanks Giving and Christmas event, St. Patty’s day, Easter, April Fool’s, Talk Like a Pirate day, etc…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

As far as a DOTA clone goes RR is not big enough. Neither can they expand on it without other areas of the game suffering. It’s fun for a short time but a.net doesn’t want RR to be your jumping point to other DOTA clones Enjoy it and you’ll be back next year.

Also GW1 has a dota clone with winterday if you’re interested

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Halloween Event

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

hope to see more advanced moba style pvp in gw2

yea sure some players hate it some players love it

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

They do tend to keep their seasonal mini games seasonal, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a permanent game that’s at least similar turns up.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’d like to see this mini-game stay for a long time…forever. There are many reasons for this.

1) It’s a mini-game, this game is lacking those (Keg Brawl and Costume Brawl..that’s it!).

2) It’s fun!

3) It’s addictive.

4) It’s unique to the game (what other DoTA style PvP games do we have?)

5) More PvP! (we need more!)

6) Asura of the Corn… (yes, being a tiny Asura and popping out of the corn with a sickle in hand, stabbing people with it…well, we’ve all seen the movies).

Sure there needs to be tweaking to it; like take out the Mad King’s voice, change the Pumpkins to magical orbs, and change the skeletons into Minotaurs or something. There we go, it’s now a year-around event that’s got flair for every season.

Anyone else want this to be a keeper post-Halloween 2012?

I hope so. At first I really thought it was just meh, but once I really started playing it I got hooked. My friends even came back from LoL just to play this. They had quit the game pretty much, but they all liked RR.

I wish they would put it into the game so badly.

Asura themed map, where you collect golem cores and put/throw them into a collector to send out golems.

Charr themed where you collect devourer eggs and throw them into a nest to hatch devourers.

etc

I would be happy if they even kept the current map. It’s really pretty, at least to me. I hope they keep it around.