Post here if u havent gotten at least a RARE item from Halloween

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Ran MK 40 times and got zip nada and I have read many people getting exotics all the time. Some even the Crossing etc etc the 2nd time.

No thanks Anet for this event.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kel Co.2408

Kel Co.2408

I got an exotic crown on my second run but I only had the chance to run MK 7 times.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

I didn’t but then again I didn’t expect to since they’re supposed to be really rare… right?

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Some people are lucky, some aren’t. I’m among those who aren’t. Oh well…

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

I didn’t. I don’t object to the RNG in general, but feel it’s inappropriate to distribute rewards this unfairly in a holiday event.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by aliquis.9180)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Why does the whole event have to be you getting some kind of rare item?
Theres the horns, theres the witches hat, theres the first and second books and there was tons and tons of fun to be had, but I suppose you missed out on that because you didnt have the crossing on your character right?

Come on man.. They added those items as EXTRAS, something people get lucky with or something people work towards. Not everything has to be a handout.

This event went WAY beyond what I was expecting and what Im used to with other events, and I think a lot of people agree with me. Maybe this isnt the game for you if you cant enjoy free extra content added into an already amazing game.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

It was luck mate , luck…

All i wanted was the crossing , got other exos , but no cross , had to buy on the TP 20g.

Sometimes you win , sometimes you lose.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tyranniss.4167

Tyranniss.4167

Got a ton of greens and zero rares or exotics. Figured I wouldn’t considering I’ve always had rotten loot luck. Still enjoyed most of the event though. I gave up a long time ago on getting awesome items in any mmo’s I play so now I just do the content and buy what I can when I can. And I try not to let my bad loot luck get me down anymore. Not that it wouldn’t be nice if the god of loot luck would smile on me once in a blue moon.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

I was referring to a generic exotic, much less The Mad Moon etc Halloween speciality exotics. And I have read people, albeit a few which is line with expectations, getting those like twice in 40 runs. A lottery doesnt reward what seems like 75% people with “consolation prizes” of exotics and the rest nothing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Thanks to this event I earned 20g 2 exotics through grinding in Labyrinth and playing only 30 runs in Ascent to Madness my luck got me The Crossing and 4 exotics.
One of my guild mate managed to get one Mad Moon at the last hour before the dungeon close.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

The RARE I was referring was simply Yellow and above; not super exotic like the crossing etc. Didnt even get a single YELLOW from MK chests, Lab Chests etc.

I bought this game and I do enjoy it. If I don’t like the ADDITIONAL “free content” and certain people telling me GW2 is not my game, I can choose to ignore them and play it the way I want to. I object to getting horrible chest drops in comparison to what seems like the majority of the other customers.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

Re: LordYz post. This is my point exactly. In your case, LordYZ, I deem u to be v lucky. However most people I met got at least a generic exotic.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spencerharrison.8136

spencerharrison.8136

Did everything I could including BLC lottery. Did around 30 MK runs. Nothing.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

“All i wanted was the crossing , got other exos”

Hey all I wanted was an Exo.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

Jrunyon, err it seems like lots of people got handouts but me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

Nope, nothing. Even with 80% magic find (if that matters). Couple of greens and some candy bags, thats about it.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

And at least generic RNG dungeon chests at least rewards u with yellows once in a while.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

This games RNG feels stange…it seems to be bound to accounts, if you get lucky you will get everything in few runs but if you dont get blessed by “game spirit” no matter how many times you try , you wont get anything1

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

Running Orr with MF gear makes me more money than the event did. I still enjoyed the books hunt and the MK dungeon.
Didn’t get any Halloween item. I don’t mind that, the whole Halloween style isn’t my cup of tea anyway.
Good thing when the event ends is I can go back to mining without having all these silly candy nodes crowding the map.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Duplicated.4715

Duplicated.4715

@nmoral: there’s this concept call seed for RNG. I doubt Anet has it, but if they do, all the unlucky people will remain that way for a long, long time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

I got a black lion key like 1 or 2 days before the Halloween event started. When the event started, I used it. I got a scythe skin. It’s the only chest I’ve opened throughout the event. I haven’t farmed at all during the event, because farming is just too boring for me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

@nmoral: there’s this concept call seed for RNG. I doubt Anet has it, but if they do, all the unlucky people will remain that way for a long, long time.

seriously?? that would explain many things :S. Bad news a i guess…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

seriously?? that would explain many things :S. Bad news a i guess…

Haha, better put on your tinfoil hat bro.
Seriously guys, RNG is random, not everything is a conspiracy.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: carson yuen.6739

carson yuen.6739

got a madking’s overcoat, 2 keys (which turned out to be a couple of tonics), and tons of lvl 78 exotics in 2 days of extreme farming. I was hoping for one of those craft weapons, but it was still fun.

I did however got the greatsaw, grining shield, and scythe from BLC and tp

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EmoxiHaX.1726

EmoxiHaX.1726

i stopped at #137
couldn’t do it anymore only had 1 exo piece of crap spear

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

Its not a conspiracy, its a programming feature of RNG.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

And btw farming (Orr/dungeon) produces predictable results, MK is a time lottery which apparently works for most and not for others

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I got the Exotic Mad King’s Slippers from the Clock Tower. Does that count? If not, then I only got Greens from the event.

Am I complaining though? Heck no! The event was still a lot of fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

Two level 74-ish exotics from MKL that I salvaged for ectos, the slippers from the Clocktower, an 80 exotic from Ascent of Madness that I sold on the TP, and an Endless Mystery Tonic from a Black Lion Chest. (I think the EMT is technically a rare but it’s rarer than the exotics so I count it.) Plus Mad Memories: Complete Edition, which I love more than any of that other stuff.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

I wonder: does Anet do a check of the RNG and compile the stats to check if its working properly or least as close to pure randomness as possible?

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

If I wanted to play Mario, I would play Mario. And no the whole event is just another grind to me, not in the least bit of fun at all.

in Halloween Event

aliquis.9180

And btw farming (Orr/dungeon) produces predictable results, MK is a time lottery which apparently works for most and not for others

Anet also has diminishing returns implemented on those, while there doesn’t seem to have been one in the MK dungeon.

Also, there aren’t very many valuable items to get in the regular game other than precursors. In the Halloween event, there were many new drops in the 10g-50g range available.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

Anet also has diminishing returns implemented on those, while there doesn’t seem to have been one in the MK dungeon.

Also, there aren’t very many valuable items to get in the regular game other than precursors. In the Halloween event, there were many new drops in the 10g-50g range available.

Yup but there are 3×6 dungeons daily. And if I wasnt getting a generic exo, I wasnt likely to get the new drops. It is possible to get generic exos from the regular dungeons.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

A rare dye from the dungeon and Mad king shoes.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

I’ve never won anything that depended on randomness so it wasn’t a surprise when I didn’t get anything good here either

in Halloween Event

aliquis.9180

Yup but there are 3×6 dungeons daily. And if I wasnt getting a generic exo, I wasnt likely to get the new drops. It is possible to get generic exos from the regular dungeons.

I get that. What I meant was that in the regular game, Anet takes steps to prevent you from getting too much too quickly. In the Halloween event, they didn’t seem to be concerned about that, even though there was a lot more to get. That has the effect to widen the gap between a lucky person and an unlucky one.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I got greens so Im gonna complain and whine to here QQQQQQQ

Geez people (for those complaining)… Give it a break already. If there were awards for most forum complainers I bet the GW2 forum would be on the runner up list at least.

I got nothing nice either after the bazillion times I ran the clock tower and finished it or did MK runs but whatever who cares…move on go do something else in the game.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

My suggestion would be to make MK a lot harder to kill with a nice fixed reward and a variable component to get the uber gear akin to a regular dungeon but then again a lot of other players would be complaining to nerf MK.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

Angelus, are u a dev? No one is forcing u to read these posts, unless u are a troll. If u dont like complaint posts, read the hundreds of other topics in the forum, especially the ones that say they love the GW2 Halloween event.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

And btw off topic CM story is bugged preventing completion. Add that to my list of complaints.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Picklock.5820

Picklock.5820

Isn’t the point of Halloween so that EVERYONE can dress up and have fun???

Aparently according to these people on the forums, only “lucky” people were able to celebrate Halloween this year.

Great job on this one Anet, you really know how to make a bunch of people feel like losers..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Only item I’ve got was the guaranteed one from clock tower. Went out and bought arach for 23g.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

I got The Crossing staff for my 3rd MK dungeon run. I had some spare gems so opened 2 BLCs and got 1 Deathly Mantle (mesmer using it now).

I also bought a pair of Deathly Avian medium shoulders for my ranger. I was hoping to get an Arachnophibia shortbow on my other MK runs but I guess lightning doesn’t strike twice. I’m already very satisfied with The Crossing — it looks so awesome on my Mesmer with the Deathly Mantle + Mad King Memoir (Phase 1 looks better with this set). Overall, I’m very happy with the event.

(edited by Niko Stark.8932)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I really enjoyed this event, just because I didn’t get anything doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun. I was prepared to not get anything, because there was never a definite chance that I would get something. <- This is what people need to understand.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

A. For me IMHO event isnt fun, just another boring grind. B. Loads of ppl getting at least generic exotics from MK runs, but not me makes it pointless. C. Never really like Mario, unless he is smashing other ppl or in a go kart

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Czinger.6314

Czinger.6314

My second black lion box I opened I got the weapon skin. I opened 30 in all.

I sold for 3 gold afterwards. Nothing in the remaing boxes.

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz-16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

Why does the whole event have to be you getting some kind of rare item?
Theres the horns, theres the witches hat, theres the first and second books and there was tons and tons of fun to be had, but I suppose you missed out on that because you didnt have the crossing on your character right?

Come on man.. They added those items as EXTRAS, something people get lucky with or something people work towards. Not everything has to be a handout.

This event went WAY beyond what I was expecting and what Im used to with other events, and I think a lot of people agree with me. Maybe this isnt the game for you if you cant enjoy free extra content added into an already amazing game.

Unfortunately, the actual problem isn’t that the rewards were placed on an RNG. It’s that they weren’t soul/account-bound. Completely undermines the crafting skills when a 200-ish gold item is being sold on the trading post for 20-30 gold.

On-topic, I got some random exotic shield, the light and medium Mad King’s Mittens, and Arachnophobia. I also got a couple random 78+ rares from the top floor trash mobs, but I salved them for ectos.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Exotic shield. Sold it. Like a boss. Probably should have waited for scarcity but there was demand and I had supply.

in Halloween Event

Khal Drogo.9631

To summarize: RNG isnt broken if you got exotics. It is if u didn’t. If I bought a die and rolled it 40 times, I would expect it get a 6 at least once. If not, I would expect the die to be rigged or faulty in some way.

And to repeat: My definition of rare as it is in game = yellow. Exotic = generic exotic not Greatsaw etc. So as to prevent confusion.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I got 2 exotics with plain skins in a row from the Champion chest in Mad King’s Labyrinth before they nerfed the drop rate.
I got exotic boots for all 9 of my characters doing the Clocktower.
Oh yeah, no MF. It’s a junk stat.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.