[Q] One time event?

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rosekitten.3719

Rosekitten.3719

Q:

Will this event return next year? I mainly ask this because I would love a future chance at getting the items from the cash shop (assuming they are leaving after the event). As well as a chance to get the book from the scavenger hunt quest (sadly I was not able to level a character high enough to complete even part one of the chain). Sorry if this was answered or asked already somewhere. ^^;

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Twinkiman.2610

Twinkiman.2610

I am pretty confident that they will all return next year.

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Rosekitten.3719

That would make me happy >w< I tried to get to lv whatever was needed to get the book but i don’t have all the time in the world and only made it to 24? xD

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

As much as I enjoyed this event and read/watched of it I’d like to see something different next year. Doing the same event year after year would get a bit dull. So here’s to looking forward to something new next year, though, this event has been great.

Then again it wouldn’t be so bad if they did this event in early October and a new on the day this one had started this year.

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I never played Guild Wars 1, but I believe I overheard a conversation in map chat that said that with GW1 the event was different each year and little or none of the stuff from the previous year returns, it was all new.

It would make sense that GW2 would follow suit, if that is indeed the case.

That, and as mentioned it would be a lot less interesting if you just repeated the same event from the last year again.

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

I hope they have all new events. I should think they would, as they have already dated this material and called it 2012: Return of the Mad King.

Im sure there is room for some recycling of content, but hopefully they add more and different content as well. And I should think they will- new skins for sale, and new events to keep the “core” gamers involved and interested.

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

At least some of the stuff can’t return, since this is the Mad King’s first reappearance in 250 years and a bunch of the stuff is tied in with that.

I do hope the Mad Memoires returns though. I really want the burning book, but I’m just too low-level to collect the pages. Got the first book, though.

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

I highly doubt events will repeat, it would be boring. They would have another halloween event with basic items like candy corn again and even the mad king ought to show up but the events will be different.

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Halloween event will be here again next year but don’t know whether it’ll be the same. Same goes for the cash shop items like Mad King and Witch Outfit. It will definitely be related to Mad King because he’s the main character for guild wars halloween. The exclusive equipments from BLC will never reappear again though. “Exclusive” means limited collector edition. Next year will be different set but how it’ll be obtain may be different or the same (hopefully they improve the “rng + real money = fun” instead of the current BLC system).

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Rosekitten.3719

I dont mind the weapon skins disappearing and all, I’m just sad I wasn’t a high enough level (between now and tomorrow i doubt I will get to 33 to complete the first part xD let alone part two). Also it would be nice to see the outfits and pets return. A bit tight on funds this year so I sadly cannot donate to get them (not for lack of trying to get enough to buy gems with gold with my lv 20 character though xD)

[Q] One time event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

All this talk about being too low lvl makes me kind of laugh. I did the full burning book quest 20 lvls below the requirement. All I needed to do was make it to the areas…

Simply put, run to the teleport beacons nude so none of your armor cracks or breaks. Once you make it to the area, if it’s a spot that requires fighting, stay behind the crowd that’s doing the quest.

I simply said I needed help in the chat via map talk and I got a P.U.G. together and I got my burning book. Pretty simple stuff, imo.