Rarity of the skins

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tawngs.8250

Tawngs.8250

Who completely expected the weapon skins to be a very rare BLC drop and didn’t spend any in game gold, real life cash, time or resources trying to obtain keys to open them?

I see a bunch of people in game and on the forums complaining about it, and I understand where they’re coming from. But honestly, did no one besides me see the money that was going to be made from the gem store, and the reason why Anet wanted to keep these rare?

The rarer they’re the more of a chance you’re going to buy more keys trying to obtain them, the rarer they’re the higher the chance they will sell for lots of in game gold, causing more people to buy gold.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

I don’t like the way ArenaNet decided to link the event with the cash shop. That’s the way f2p games operate.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bonedoctor.2796

Bonedoctor.2796

Im dissapointed at the entire event myself . Very kiddish and annoying . Not much there for adults . With the exception that ALL of the events require you to spend real money in some way shape or form ! Cant find candy corn to continue looking for ghosts ,cant get 25 hits due to cash shop costumes being very OP !

I really enjoyed this game , at first . But now ,im starting to realize that the monthly subscription fees from my other games was cheaper. This game is becoming a cash dump and I only had it a month !Putting a VERY bad taste in my mouth for arenanet !

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tanto.4217

tanto.4217

ehm well the costume brawl is really super easy to do without cash, just get the costume from the big cauldron you need to jump into and then get turned to a skeleton and i had 6 times in 20 mins i had champ status. the other stuff i havent really tried out that much so cant say anything there

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ethanfel.1263

Ethanfel.1263

- Cant find candy corn to continue looking for ghosts

There’s candy corn node like evrywhere, open your eyes?

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

The event description in a subtle way indicated that Players that wished to participate in this event would more than likely need to use the cash shop. After I read the event announcement I gave up any hope of participating this year. Maybe next year.

So yes it was stated that cash shop would be needed in some fashion.

I am thankful that GW2 has this event and I thank the Devs for providing it.

(I will not spend rl money yet in the cash shop until a major bug fixing update is provided for GW2. No bug fixes, no treats for Anet or Me. As for converting gold to gems… I honestly don’t have the gold to do that. I got to this party late and am still looking for the spiked punch.)

stumble stumble crawl crawl

(edited by Gardavil.1762)

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t get any rare skin with 35 keys (bought 25, about 10 chests gave me keys that I also used). But on the bright side, I did get like 5 karma boosters, 30 Fine Transmutation stones, and a couple BL salvage kits. Which I would have eventually probably have purchased anyways.

I just can’t believe that people are saying “events require you to spend real money” … I mean…. In what way? A weapon skin is not a requirement at all! It’s just something that would be fun to have, but it’s not needed. The event is open to everyone! whether they spent extra money or not!

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

I liked the Arachnophobia shortbow a lot, but I figured I’d best just forget about it. Apart from cooking, I dislike crafting, do not own mountains of gold (or the perseverance to gain them), and I have enough experience with bag/box/gift/package/chest opening to know that I wouldn’t get it in a million years.

I think I looked like this :| for about 20 seconds and then I hopscotched to the next pumpkin for the carvers title.

Would it have been more fun if they were more easily available? Yes.
But it’s not really something I can’t live without.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

You don’t have to spend real money for gems. You can convert gold to gems. Nothing in this game requires you to buy cash shop items. You aren’t inhibited in anyway in this game buy not buying gems.

Other f2p games actually require you to purchase items to either let you advance go to special areas or just become way op.

It’s really annoying hearing people complain that they need to buy gems in order to do this or that. No you don’t it’s all optional and doesn’t affect you in any way if you never buy gems.

Oh and look at WoW (yes bringing it up) you pay a subscription and they still put mounts and pets and items in the cash shop.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mandrew.2853

Mandrew.2853

I disagree, all the skins and everything can be used in the trading post. Arenanet letting players to buy gems with gold and allows the event items to be traded among players does NOT make it a cash dump. Just playing for a couple months has gotten me over 100 gold, do you know how much gems that could buy me? Anets system makes it far far better than f2p cash shop and subscription (steal) fees.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

- Cant find candy corn to continue looking for ghosts

There’s candy corn node like evrywhere, open your eyes?

There is a bug currently where some special event “items” are not visible to some Players. I and others have witnessed this a few times over the last few weeks. Happened last night with a quest golem in Metrica Province. Myself and other players could not actually see the golem we were supposed to be defending.

Perhaps some people can’t see the candycorn nodes due to this?

stumble stumble crawl crawl

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mandrew.2853

Mandrew.2853

Oh and for costume brawl, there is intentionally a chance to get an awful costume like a spider or moa. Try jumping in the big cauldron in lions arch and see if you can get the skeleton or mummy

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kithzyan.5034

Kithzyan.5034

Im dissapointed at the entire event myself . Very kiddish and annoying . Not much there for adults . With the exception that ALL of the events require you to spend real money in some way shape or form ! Cant find candy corn to continue looking for ghosts ,cant get 25 hits due to cash shop costumes being very OP !

I really enjoyed this game , at first . But now ,im starting to realize that the monthly subscription fees from my other games was cheaper. This game is becoming a cash dump and I only had it a month !Putting a VERY bad taste in my mouth for arenanet !

First of all, i’m an adult and i’m enjoying the event, so what if its a bit childish; let your inner brat have a laugh :P

As for needing money, no you don’t. Candy corn is -everywhere- if you go looking for it (hint: mining) and you get the trick or treat bags from multiple sources as well. The costume brawl isn’t required for the event, nor does it need to be completed during it; and you get Black Lion keys during story quests and you only (technically) neekitteny + 1 chest to get mystery tonics to participate at any time and during the event – try jumping in the cauldron, it’ll surprise you!

Yeah, there is a little to much emphasis on use the cash shop to get the items, but, and this is the most important point, it is all cosmetic, none of it is required to play or increase your power and so long as things remain that way they can do what they want with the cosmetics – let the people who want to buy, buy, let those who don’t want to spend more than a “standard sub fee” a month do that to.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tawngs.8250

Tawngs.8250

“I disagree, all the skins and everything can be used in the trading post. Arenanet letting players to buy gems with gold and allows the event items to be traded among players does NOT make it a cash dump. Just playing for a couple months has gotten me over 100 gold, do you know how much gems that could buy me? Anets system makes it far far better than f2p cash shop and subscription (steal) fees.”

I would bet my bottom dollar you’re also one of those people with over 400+ hours played.

I’m also not saying you have to spend any money, I’m saying I knew many people would on the off chance of getting a skin. I also know lots of people will buy gold with RL money to acquire said skins on the TP.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Willywho.9460

Willywho.9460

Everytime I look at these fourms it reminds me how much I hate people….

I Decoy I
Blackgate Original

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

When I noticed that the loot table for chest hadn’t been modified to improve your chances of getting something rare I didn’t go get some keys. That and checking trading post showed the price of blc dropped.

On the bright side, all those chest give you tonics, and tonics mean costume brawl fun time!

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well i expected them to be rare too but maybe because i didn t play gw1
But i though even if they werent i wouldn t have been able to get one…i horribly unlucky with gambling when i want something….

On the other side reading the forum have rised lot of expectation on the costumes…..and i fear i’ll be deluded when i ll get home

Btw all i wanted was the ghost mini >.>// i just need 100 more gems to get both….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

You realize that you dont HAVE to spend anything right? I have yet to put an additional cent into this game beyond original purchase price. EVERYTHING is cosmetic and doesn’t make you any better gameplay wise.

Rarity of the skins

in Halloween Event

Posted by: deltanium.7543

deltanium.7543

Free tips:
First, think of something informative regarding your topic name.
Second, consider the fact that GW2 shop does not sell power otherwise not obtainable in game, mere skins. However they might exploit your need to look neet(I’ll sell my liver for a scythe skin), caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.
Great work Anet.