Reaching Mad King on the bank roof.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Can I get candy now? ]:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77799620@N07/8142398137/in/photostream/lightbox/

I don’t know the “actual” way of getting there when he spawns or if there even is one. I just jumped there using my ninja skills. He can’t be interacted with and he didn’t give any candy!

I don’t know if I’m supposed to reach to roof by using the teleportating doors or something.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

It’s just a great place to watch all the silly mortals fall for his Haunted Door prank. Fall…get it?

in Halloween Event

Ibbuli.4027

Oh Anet, you sneaky you!

But… he’s facing the wrong direction if he wants to see the people drop in to the cauldron.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

He probably turned to look Ibbuli there when he interacted with him. It’s something that all our NPCs do.

in Halloween Event

Ibbuli.4027

Nah, he can’t be interacted with. I had another pic on my thief before I reached him where I stand in the vista and he’s facing towards the Crow’s Nest tavern. Or maybe he just haves eyes on his back. I wouldn’t know. I’m not a Mad King!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Made it first.

Attachments:

AmateurNet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

A while after the first party on desolation server I noticed the mad king laughed on sound effects and suddenly re appeared but was on top of the bank house in lions arch on the roof….

I frantically started looking for ways up there but there are not any.

At the same time doors started popping up around lions arch with titles above the doors like “TREASURE” and “GOLD”, as soon as you use the doors though you end up mid air above the mystic cauldron and you get sent into it turning into a creature….

There must be a way to get to him and find out what you get? Can you find the right door?

It is time limited to about 2-5 mins after that he dissapears again.

Any ideas?

Screenshots posted on this topic in guru. I got really close to the top of the roof.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/73755-more-to-act-4-mad-king-on-top-of-bank-house/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ledzep.9504

ledzep.9504

how did you get there

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Managed to get up, I guess I will have to wait on his Lion’s Arch tour and see what happens when I get close to him.

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Reaching-Mad-King-on-the-bank-roof/first#post599650

Nothing happens, as far as these players have reported. He just stands there to watch his door prank.

in Halloween Event

ledzep.9504

so ho do you get there

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I have to agree with Ledzep… would you all who HAVE pictures of your characters on the bank roof kindly at the least give a hint about how to get on there?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Empy.8730

Empy.8730

Here are my screenshots (a few wallpaper worthy ones)
http://imgur.com/a/6aywM

You can reach the top using leap abilities.

Here is a video of some guy doing it.

in Halloween Event

ledzep.9504

OP is a thief, i dont think thief can do what the guy in this video is doing.

in Halloween Event

Ibbuli.4027

Nah, that toon is engineer and I used Jump Shot twice to reach that area. The guy in the video is making it a bit too hard for himself.

I mentioned thief because my main is one and I had a screenie of me standing in the vista while Mad King was already facing the wrong direction.

And as already you might know, Mad King is only watching people to fall in the cauldron there, it’s just a prank. :P

On the video though you can skip the thing up to 0:50 by using the pile of pumpkins to jump in to the frame of a window and then from there to the platform where the guy was standing. Although this wasn’t the way how I got in there.

Hinthinthint: search this kid Raul or something. It’s sort of a hidden area in LA and I jumped from there.

in Halloween Event

ledzep.9504

ok i know where that is i think. you jumped from there? you jumped on the higher rock before or did u use a leap skill.

in Halloween Event

Ibbuli.4027

1. Find Raul… or what ever his name is.
2. Go near the bank.
3. Jump Shot/leap in top of this spar.
4. Go to the end of the spar and jump shot to the roof of the bank.
5. ???
6. Profit!