in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nathan.9374

Nathan.9374

They are working on the patch, they are not developing content

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tron.1438

tron.1438

no, I am not saying they are developing it. No, but ever wonder how you get a notice that there is a new update to log out and log in. Cause it was uploaded already. When they upload it they see how it runs then hit the switch when it is ok for us to go in.

Sooo, if there is a problem in the upload or something was noticed at the last minute. Bam, delay happens. Not cause they are working at the last minute to add content. Just to make sure there is nothing that is going to cause problems.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cedara.9541

Cedara.9541

Actually since the game is based on NA times usually… it is only 7:25 PM in texas and we’re 2 hours behind CA time. so yeah theres plenty of today left.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Just give us the update notes to compla/i mean look over and i’ll be happy until the update rolls out : D.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bad Villain.6154

Bad Villain.6154

lucky IF we see the patch by midnight and most kids have school tomorrow which is Un fortunate they will have to wait till the next day to play it question is will anybody care anymore?

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight,
It’s size of the fight in the dog" Mark Twain

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tron.1438

tron.1438

With most games in NA, the end of the day is pasific standard time as that is usually the last time zone that plays the game. So say like east coast, you have to add 3 hours. Further away, well keep on adding.

In fact Anet has specified that Pacific Standard time is the time of choice for them.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lordstrego.1874

lordstrego.1874

Even if there was a delay, it doesn’t take a member of their tech team to tell us its being delayed,or possibly give a rough ETA. Which would be nice since everyone is just sitting around wondering and being driven crazy by it.They could at least given a rough time.Something would be nice.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

I almost took a vacation day from work today because I was super excited. I’m glad I didn’t!

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Exania.2546

Exania.2546

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2
ACT 1 of the “Shadow of the Mad King” update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time), do not expect it until past midnight GMT. ^AT

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

You owe us an explanation.

no they dont. stop kittening and go have some fun.

having a gr8 party right now on Gunnar’s Hold!

Attachments:

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bbanfillov.9308

bbanfillov.9308

lucky IF we see the patch by midnight and most kids have school tomorrow which is Un fortunate they will have to wait till the next day to play it question is will anybody care anymore?

Only thing I care about is Anet learning to actually provide accurate information and not send out e-mail like Halloween Even is Here! in the mail and then waiting tell 11:59 and saying “See we released on the 22nd”

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Nathan.9374

Big green boxes under every comment ask me if this answered the question.. notice how i havnt hit any of them yet? i asked for Anet to comment. Dont mean to be rude but srsly if you are not an anet rep dont post crap that we can read on every other thread, this is a Q and A.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: meathooks.9481

meathooks.9481

It will start when it’s ready. Apparently Anet’s answer to not providing an update when they say it will be there is to delete posts and just hope everyone will remain docile. Happy Halloween everyone! WHOOOHOOOO! Here I come boring orichalcum run!

Lewenhart, 80 Guardian
Kingslayers [SLAY]
Ehmry Bay

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bbanfillov.9308

bbanfillov.9308

I like how the forum time says October 23, 2012 00:31

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SaiKosis.4587

SaiKosis.4587

With most games in NA, the end of the day is pasific standard time as that is usually the last time zone that plays the game. So say like east coast, you have to add 3 hours. Further away, well keep on adding.

In fact Anet has specified that Pacific Standard time is the time of choice for them.

That has more to do with where the developer’s headquarters are located. Which happens to be in Washington state.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kcquipor.6730

Kcquipor.6730

When it’s LIVE

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Exania.2546

Exania.2546

Big green boxes under every comment ask me if this answered the question.. notice how i havnt hit any of them yet? i asked for Anet to comment. Dont mean to be rude but srsly if you are not an anet rep dont post crap that we can read on every other thread, this is a Q and A.

Apparently you are new to MMO chat boards….if you expect to not get your thread derailed you are just setting yourself up for failure.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

The lack of communication over this is baffling to me. They’re making people angry for no reason. They should take a lesson from Rift. Trion is very communicative and honest about delays and events such as this.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MetalPanda.1293

MetalPanda.1293

Loved RIFT and their events were amazing. Too ba dthe rest of the game was meh.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

i bet devs are just trolling with laughter right now.

another thing…don’t you think the devs wanna play the events themselves? would make sense for the event to go live when they’re all home from WORK so they can enjoy the fruits of their labor alongside us.

or just have some brews and forget about their work day. just a thought

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Demorgoth.1205

Demorgoth.1205

I believe you have confused a private message to Anet staff, with a question posted to an open board which anyone can read and reply to

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

per their post of an hour ago, “Act I of Shadow of the Mad King will be arriving later this evening.”

I’m in the US, Central Time. just want to clarify.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Holywraths.1758

Holywraths.1758

The lack of communication over this is baffling to me. They’re making people angry for no reason. They should take a lesson from Rift. Trion is very communicative and honest about delays and events such as this.

How are they having any delay there were never any given time for when the event would actually go live and it’s better not to give one considering how bad the player are these day give them a 1min delay and Let’s all go apes**t on the forum and such

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

We understand that you’re all impatient for the Halloween update to go live.

As stated on the event page, the Halloween event will go live on October 22, Pacific Time.

As previously messaged earlier today, it will go live later this evening on October 22.

It is an involved process to push a game update to the live servers, so a lot of care must be taken to ensure quality.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

like the game the event will go live when its ready

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shasow.1492

Shasow.1492

like the game the event will go live when its ready

Well when is it going to be ready? COME ON, it’s getting late.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2
ACT 1 of the “Shadow of the Mad King” update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time), do not expect it until past midnight GMT. ^AT

It’s almost 6pm pacific… I think late this afternoon is pretty much over.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Demonsquiggle.5836

Demonsquiggle.5836

so 11:59pm then?

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Nathan.9374

PATIENCE? I HAVE NOT PATIENCE!!! I NEED GW2 FIX NOW

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lordstrego.1874

lordstrego.1874

I don’t think he said this was a delay.Just that the other company as better at alerting people on delays AND events.Though true they never gave any real time at all,just a vague notion of when it might be.That is doing no one any good other than to cause unrest among the player base who are eager to play.Esp. those who thought it would hit live like early today not near the end of the day or middle of the night next day depending on where you are living.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How are they having any delay there were never any given time for when the event would actually go live and it’s better not to give one considering how bad the player are these day give them a 1min delay and Let’s all go apes**t on the forum and such[/quote]

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaspanova.7293

Kaspanova.7293

its 1:45am here, i’ll wait until 3am.

Signed,
-A Sad UK player

Caskia – The Small Norn

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

It was mentioned it would go live after midnight GMT. Its long gone that now. Why aren’t you telling us a time so that we EU/UK players can actually decide if we want to stay up or go to bed?

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phantomindex.5297

Phantomindex.5297

We can’t simply just wait when we don’t have even a estimation.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Please stop catering to the pacific timezone. This is the worst possible time for the majority of your player base.

NSP Why bother?….

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nezacant.5629

Nezacant.5629

What does “live on Oct. 22 Pacific time” mean? Isn’t Oct 22 there right now…

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zhead.2675

Zhead.2675

Why dont you simply use the GMT times? All other times are calculated based on GMT, it would be easy for everyone to know the exact starting time.

dont forget that GW2 is a World Wide Game.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

All I keep getting out of any of this is.. We don’t really know and they don’t really know.

Just.. Soon……………….

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reaglass.9658

Reaglass.9658

People you act like its launch is going to be 5 seconds long and you won’t get a chance.. you don’t need to be there when its launched its going to be here for a week or so.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

october 23th and nothing

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rythmer.6405

Rythmer.6405

Eh, I’m still in this 5 hour Cisco class just forum watching. If I were home I’d probably be a bit more anxious.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caleb.9163

Caleb.9163

um… yeah… before you said ‘go live today sometime’ you said evening, before that, the afternoon, honestly, I’m really starting to doubt it will be out today at all. I was hoping to have some fun today in guildwars 2 sense i had nothing else to do, but, nothing yet. I’ve pretty much given up on it at this point for it to come out today. Its been pretty much as exciting as watching the grass grow.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

Yet you STILL won’t give a specific time

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

How about using a universal timer with a link on a wesite about time zones like

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Wouldn’t it be more clear and solve you thousand of similar useless threads?

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WillDA.3507

WillDA.3507

To all of those impatient people – Here’s some patience.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vyndeleron.6471

Vyndeleron.6471

Thank you for the reassurance ReginaBuenaobra.

Thank you…. no… I thank all of you at ArenaNet for making a great game.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

and they never will give a specific time

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dim.6023

Dim.6023

Uh oh, you borked it.

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

well they said 22 PST >.> 7 hours left in that time before it’s considered a lie

~Caedas~

Release time Halloween ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

so, to sum up this thread in a nutshell…

WHEN ’WEEN!!!???

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld