Removed ToT locations in LA... why??? Fix broken things instead, pls...

in Halloween Event

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

Hi ANet,
Could you please help us understand why you do implement these hidden locations, giving us 3 or 5 ToT bags, only to remove them a couple of days later?
As I never saw an official word about this, I imagine that some players didn’t even know of them…
Don’t you think about these things before putting them out there? Why do you take them back?
How about you fix the things needed to be fixed, like the Halloween achievement counter (that although you say it’s fixed, I still see it bugged), or the Halloween doors that are bugged and permanently opened without ever disappearing…
Thanks…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

They did think about it. If you want to blame anyone, blame your fellow players.

The nodes were taken out because people were exploiting overflow in order to get infinite Trick-or-Treat bags.

Or would you rather exploiters continue to make loads of money selling off bags for zero effort?

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Posted by: savgebeast.8316

savgebeast.8316

i disagree with mike, i thought those ToT hidden locations where on an 30-1hours timer. i thought they where meant to be used and farmed and shared with your fellow friend and guildies. i only knew of like 4-5 locations that didnt even work every hour. it was very fun for me and friend to just chill in LA and get some goodies every know and then, i thought this was how halloween was meant to be. i guess Anet didnt plan for this which says to me either thye are extremely unorganized, not ready to make the event public or are just being lazy in developing. either dont give us this stuff or leave it there. seriously its just ruining the fun of the game.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

They should have left them in and just made the reset timer (if thats what it is based on while not in an overflow server) global (per character), that way you can’t get infinite ToTs, but everyone still has a slightly easier time to get them.

They did think about it. If you want to blame anyone, blame your fellow players.

The nodes were taken out because people were exploiting overflow in order to get infinite Trick-or-Treat bags.

Or would you rather exploiters continue to make loads of money selling off bags for zero effort?

Actually, wouldn’t the price of them finally drop?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Second that, though some are active.. Dunno if it is a big or if you are only limited to five per cd…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

and once again players destroying other players fun. Congratulations.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

i disagree with mike, i thought those ToT hidden locations where on an 30-1hours timer. i thought they where meant to be used and farmed and shared with your fellow friend and guildies. i only knew of like 4-5 locations that didnt even work every hour. it was very fun for me and friend to just chill in LA and get some goodies every know and then, i thought this was how halloween was meant to be. i guess Anet didnt plan for this which says to me either thye are extremely unorganized, not ready to make the event public or are just being lazy in developing. either dont give us this stuff or leave it there. seriously its just ruining the fun of the game.

The locations were not on a short timer. They were on a daily timer. The only reason why it may seem the LA locations were quick to respawn was due to the different overflows. You can test this difference versus ToT locations in other Krytan areas. It was not intended for people to exploit this and gain ungodly amounts of ToTs in such a limited time frame.

There were 32 ToT bags worth throughout Kryta with 16 being in LA. You can still get 16 ToT bags per character per day for a total of 80 on a basic account. This is still quite a lot and actually is intended and non-exploitative. New acts will most likely increase this total, so for every 1 ToT bag added your total per day will increase by at least 5.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

These ToT bags were the personalized ones, so no selling was allowed (of the bags anyways).
But anyway, doesn’t ANet know about overflow servers? Are they know restricted from implementing events or whatever they decide, because there are overflow servers and people that abuse them?
That doesn’t seem a fair point to serve a reason for doing this or similar things…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

But anyway, doesn’t ANet know about overflow servers? Are they know restricted from implementing events or whatever they decide, because there are overflow servers and people that abuse them?
That doesn’t seem a fair point to serve a reason for doing this or similar things…

I partially agree with this. It is an oversight on their part, but they fixed it as soon as they caught on what was happening. This is the first time they’ve utilized nodes in Lion’s Arch, and this wouldn’t as easily replicate on their testing server because you need a large population of people to get the multiple overflows along with people having the intent to exploit.

The good news is that Anet is now very aware of the consequences for making such nodes in Lion’s Arch and should be better prepared in planning for future events.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

These ToT bags were the personalized ones, so no selling was allowed (of the bags anyways).

That might be worse, then. Personalized Trick-or-Treat bags have a higher chance of rare materials. Also, since you get Candy Corn from the P-ToTs, you can trade THOSE for MORE personalized bags. Or just sell them everything you get on the TP. They’re also sold for gems in the Black Lion, so you know ANET’s going to stomp something like that right out in the most decisive and efficient way they can.

Guild Wars 2 Infinite Trick or Treat Bags, Lions Arch Edition

Blame people like that. ^

Also, since the event is easily accessible at level 1, I wouldn’t doubt it if people were making alts specifically to get these bags, then deleting the alt, remaking them, and getting more bags.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

(edited by MikeRocks.9243)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I think it’s very likely that the upcoming Acts contain more ways to obtain Personalized ToT bags. Perhaps even slightly more to compensate for removing these nodes.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

Arena Net has already set a precedence via the Karma exploiting that if you do something that’s clearly a “work around” to the way things are supposed to work, that you’ll get punished.

They should have just waited a day or two and started banning people for doing it for the remainder of the holiday event.

But instead they ruin it for everyone … c’mon.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

So are the tot bags still available outside or LA?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

This makes me sad. The LA ToT bags were a fun diversion. Who doesn’t like jumping through flaming hoops from thousands of feet up.?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

It’s always the greedy exploiters that ruin it for everyone else. Until this LA exploit was closed, I didn’t even know that overflow doesn’t save progress on maps. Ugh, ruins it all for the people who dont have as much time to farm candy corns or doors. Getting 20-30 pToT bags quickly saved us so much time to try and do things like the daily before we have to log off.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

Everyone blames “exploiters” but that’s like blaming people for using up oxygen in a closed environment. It’s reality, like it or not, and the people that designed a closed room for oxygen-breathers are the culprit. If anything, Anet has had 8-12 weeks of hard lessons in the extent to which people will grief or exploit, and you have to wonder if they don’t have a group of either Mormon saints or trojan exploiters testing their updates.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Exploiters is only part of the problem to this, mainly it’s Anet fault as they created this problem by making these bags. So of course some players are going to find ways to max their profits while ruing a good thing for everyone or trying to get the exotic that they want. All Anet is doing is causing a inflation on these rare mats while making it harder for everyone that wants these exotic weapons harder to get. Anet needs to learn to stop alienating their customers, people shouldn’t be able to profit off holiday event items as they all should be plentiful for everyone.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ratto.1572

Ratto.1572

I had not yet done =/

i cant jump inside the fire rings and no loot

- ULTIMATE LEGION / SOR -
Human – Thief | Norn – Warrior | Asura – Elementalist

in Halloween Event

Posted by: sophie deadbones.7345

sophie deadbones.7345

Wow. I didn’t know about them. How come everyone else found out?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

sigh I didn’t find out until they were removed. Stupid exploiters.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Its silly to blame other players. According to that video, all they had to do was log out and log back in. Many people were probably doing it, without even realizing it was an issue. Just logging out, coming back later, not realizing it wasn’t supposed to work that way. That’s not an exploit, just an oversight by the devs, and they overreact by punishing everyone.

This does seem to be a trend with them. I wonder, do they intend to punish the playerbase, or is that just the only way they know how to fix problems, and they just don’t care if honest players are screwed by it? Some people didn’t even know about the ToT locations, yet..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Watching that video above, i got nothing like that even before they were patched..

no firey rings, no water fountains, and no ghostly child running in the sewers….

Also i’m on as high graphics as possible?

And the only place i got 4 bags was at the lions mouth, all those other places only gave me one…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

yeah its all Anets fault..they never should have put the nodes there, in fact they should remove them all..that way its fair to everyone and nobody can exploit

in Halloween Event

Ditton.3149

Its silly to blame other players. According to that video, all they had to do was log out and log back in. Many people were probably doing it, without even realizing it was an issue. Just logging out, coming back later, not realizing it wasn’t supposed to work that way. That’s not an exploit, just an oversight by the devs, and they overreact by punishing everyone.

This does seem to be a trend with them. I wonder, do they intend to punish the playerbase, or is that just the only way they know how to fix problems, and they just don’t care if honest players are screwed by it? Some people didn’t even know about the ToT locations, yet..

how are you screwed when there are other locations? You cant get as many, rather than forcing you to deal with the economic destruction they turned the ones that were infinite off…you would rather they let you exploit it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Me, I can’t bothered hunting down more than the first few I found, so I don’t feel screwed, personally. I can just understand others feeling cheated, if they’re trying to collect as much of this stuff as they can, but find out the amount they can get has been cut in half. Not only that, but the ones in Lions Arch were probably a lot easier to get.

It’s basically a world nerf, and that frustrates players, especially when its not even for balance, but because the devs made a mistake.

(edited by Vzur.7123)

in Halloween Event

Ditton.3149

That is how the world works. Memos, rules and laws arent made because people did the right thing.