Ridiculous special event... SPOILERS

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

So far I’ve had nothing to complain about on GW2…until now. I’ve been reading various sources about this special event all saying “you don’t want to miss it!”, so here’s me thinking “okay, it’s probably going to be a massive group event to take down Mad King Thorn”.

Well, I was half-right…

So Thorn popped out of the fountain – no surprise there. I then realise that it opens up a one-time dungeon. Okay cool, I like dungeons. I’m prompted to enter the dungeon on Explorable Mode (Level 2) – right, it’ll probably put everyone in various servers and scale players down to suit all levels. How wrong was I?

It put me in a level 80 dungeon with masses of mobs AND Mad King Thorn (an elite boss) ON MY OWN. How on earth am I expected to enjoy being whitewashed almost immediately?! I go down within seconds, die, respawn at the waypoint next to the entry point and attempt to leave. BUT NO – before I can make the three steps to the exit I’m downed and defeated once again. Fortunately, third time lucky, I was able to exit after that respawn; but now I have to go and repair my armour and reflect on plans that I turned down in order to “enjoy” this “special” event.

Sorry, ANet, but you’ve let me down here…

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PolarTank.5902

PolarTank.5902

same im still trying to load back into lions arch

SUPER ADVENTURE TEAM GO !!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Converz.2608

Converz.2608

I can’t even log in anymore …

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

Yeah, the halloween event was a big joke. If you’re level 80 you’re probly good to go… but if youre not and you want to partake in the dungeon… well. Sucks to be you.

If this game had a subscription, I wouldnt be playing. I think Anet needs to revisit the events from their first game. Those were way more fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

You guys are whiners, you get leveled up to 80 for the dungeon.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Guess reading is hard when it recommends 5 players.

Also you dont need to be 80 to do it

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

gg, done it – 2 greens + 5 skulls and 50candies +standart dungeon 26silver karma…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

My husband and I did it with two because neither of us can read. It was easy. I probably could have solod it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: magicweaver.2695

magicweaver.2695

Yep, total epic fail to add to the other epic fails of bad customer service with the gem purchase system failures, and the bad bugs getting into events and instances with Reapers Rumble etc.

In a party of 3, one starts an instance, 2 of us click to join, we call get thrown into separate instances, ok we think, maybe not impossible, so we go down, and the doors appear and we get flooded with mobs -

But WTH happened to our moves? We are supposed to DANCE our way out? This isn’t broadway!!! I paid epic amounts for my weapons and armor to be able to use them in dungeons.

No warning of lack of skills, you go in thinking you have them – and if we have no skills and only can dodge 2 times before endurance runs out and then we have 100 mobs on us what the heck are we to do?!?!

ArenaNet – poor poor poor quality service all around for this whole event…

Epic is right – Epic Fail!

Piken Square

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

It is not a one time event. You can re-approach the void and it gives you the option to re-enter. There are tons of players looking for group to complete the event. As stated previous and in bold print on the entry panel, It does recommend 5 players.

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Athan.4091

Athan.4091

So is there a trick to get group of five in there? For example would it help if everyone can be crammed on same overflow? Being on separate overflows apparently doesn’t work.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

Really? People are surprised that something anet does is a bugged failure?

Maybe its time they employed some people who know how to make video games.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

The one-time event was the cutscene. The dungeon can be repeated.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luterin.9876

Luterin.9876

Funny how Arenanet prides itself in making a game which you don’t have to group up in ever, but yet they make events that forces you to…

in Halloween Event

epicsmooth.7825

Swizzle.7982

Maybe you should just stop playing games, since you can’t seem to handle bugs at all.

Funny how Arenanet prides itself in making a game which you don’t have to group up in ever, but yet they make events that forces you to…

Sounds like you should be playing a SP game

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shadow Order.7258

Shadow Order.7258

What a kitteny event. OH WOW THE LION FOUNTAIN EXPLODED!!! COOL!!!!!!!

OH LOOK IT’S A DUNGEON! OH WOW I NEED A GROUP!!!

(Gets a group)

“Ok guys let’s kitten some kitten up!!”

Six DCs later….

“We’re in! Let’s kitten kitten up!”

(Mad King bugged)

This is why we can’t have nice stuff. Good thing I made time for this “one time event”

All you Euros and Aussies missed the “one time event”. Don’t worry, though. The special gift “disappointment” wasn’t that great.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: abstieg.1782

abstieg.1782

Me on my 80 ranger and my brother on his 48 mesmer duoed it. Yay! I had fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

I had no problem doing the Mad King in a pug — I was level 54. As for the event, it caused my client to crash and when I logged back in the crater was already open, so no cutscene or achievement for me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Just completed him with a few guildies was a lot of fun. However 2 of our other members we couldn’t see which kind of sucked but things go bad sometimes gotta live with it. It’s a MAD MAD world :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

THIS ISN’T A 1-TIME DUNGEON, I had no troules entering the second time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

epicsmooth.7825

Im sorry, but I shouldn’t have to ‘handle bugs’ and certainly not the amount that gw2 has.

Why would I stop playing video games? Perhaps you mean I should stop playing video games filled with bugs? I agree, I think we should all stop having to do that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seleste.1205

Seleste.1205

The one-time event was the cutscene. The dungeon can be repeated.

Hah My client crashed when this cutscene start

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

I had no problem doing the Mad King in a pug — I was level 54. As for the event, it caused my client to crash and when I logged back in the crater was already open, so no cutscene or achievement for me.

If you enter the instance, you get the last achievement for It’s a Mad King’s World (exploring all 4 areas of the Mad King’s Realm).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rahne.7521

Rahne.7521

I’m sorry to have to pile on here, as I’ve greatly enjoyed the Halloween event thus far. But I have a group of people, and we all got shunted into separate instances. I have a feeling this is not working as intended, and if it is…It’s not a good intention.

I’m not going to get into Ad-homonym attacks against A-net, because as a whole, I’ve really enjoyed the game, and as stated, the event thus far. But the sheer amount of frustration I’ve experienced from trying this dungeon-and the Clock Tower with all of those people in the instance making it near impossible to complete-have made this part of it less than enjoyable.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Villex.8935

Villex.8935

I just finished it on my level 71 Warrior with a 20 elementalist in my group and two 80’s. We had no problem what so ever. (except for dying to the jumping parts :P)

You certainly do not need to be level 80 to do this, they buddy you up to 80 though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

I enjoyed it. I"ve not been brave enough to join a group since I began playing. Little bit shy, don’t jump well and don’t use voice. But, after the cutscen, I added my LFG to the mix, got into a pug and it wasn’t so hard or off-putting that a kitten me couldnt do it and feel I was bringing the group down. And yet, sitll feel like it was a good time. Rewards-whatever. It wasn’t why I came, I came for the fun.

(edited by Mystfit.8309)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DarkFMS.1680

DarkFMS.1680

“The game Client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For Additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com. (Code=19:9:18:1614:101)

I keep getting this message everytime i try to enter the dungeon with a group.

Ended up going in solo and getting beaten to a pulp buy all the mobs that spawn + the boss. Managed to get out after a few tries.
Now getting that error!!! some help would be much appreciated!!

in Halloween Event

epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Im sorry, but I shouldn’t have to ‘handle bugs’ and certainly not the amount that gw2 has.

Now I doubt you have played a MMO in your whole life.

Why would I stop playing video games? Perhaps you mean I should stop playing video games filled with bugs? I agree, I think we should all stop having to do that.

so stop playing games, no game is not filled with bugs

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

My group had no errors or bugs in fighting. Sometimes I wonder if people just use bugs as an excuse to explain their own failure. Yea log in and DC problems sure but nothing about the dungeon was bugged.

complaining about fairness, about loosing abilities in the beginning? Seriously, it’s the mad king its not meant to be fair

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zakov.1692

Zakov.1692

I just did the dungeon for the first time, with a PuG that was a little bit scatterbrained. We still downed him with no trouble at all, and I’m only level 49.

I got an exotic recipe out of it, too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Naethryn.1803

Naethryn.1803

Funny, I just jumped right in without reading. Ended up in dungeon all by me onesies. I had all but two mobs and the king down before I lost all of my gear. Went back with a group right after.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

Clearly you need to step up your game.

Attachments:

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I did this event with three people. Two lvl 40 and myself as a lvl 80.

This is a group event and it is repeatable. There is very little to moan about here folks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

“I didn’t encounter bugs, so clearly they aren’t there!” Uh… right.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bitapetrone.7423

Bitapetrone.7423

Ran this with two thieves (two man group) without any trouble. The only bug/weirdness we encountered was a single spider that was perma invulnerable.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Lol people are not very smart… Thanks for the awesome event Anet! Hopefully you can nail down the bugs tonight. But you can run it as often as you want and is pretty easy to solo. How anyone can complain is beyond me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I wasn’t too impressed by it, as far as I can tell the one-time event that we all needed to log in for was a 20 second cut-scene of the mad king breaking a fountain. That given, I completed the dungeon twice with guildies and the Mad King glitched back up to the second floor after we almost killed him on the third both times. Would’ve preferred the event from GW1 over this, never was really a fan of dungeons.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

I am not happy with the amount of bugs still present. I cannot help my friends and I cannot enter the dungeon anymore.

I am happy to have faced the challenge alone and defeated Mad King solo. Took me 40 minutes.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Enyri.3915

Enyri.3915

I wasn’t too impressed by it, as far as I can tell the one-time event that we all needed to log in for was a 20 second cut-scene of the mad king breaking a fountain. That given, I completed the dungeon twice with guildies and the Mad King glitched back up to the second floor after we almost killed him on the third both times. Would’ve preferred the event from GW1 over this, never was really a fan of dungeons.

Umm…I could be wrong but I don’t think that is a “glitch”, he moves around in the dungeon, you just have to either jump down or waypoint back up and then jump down to where he is.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: angryvegetarian.4819

angryvegetarian.4819

The cut scene was pretty neat, but I did notice the Mad King pops back out while you’re waiting around and does the same thing he did in the cut scene. I think it’s weird that the cut scene was the event…maybe I’m wrong?

I honestly didn’t even read before entering the instance, I was so excited. I just popped right in like everyone else around me. I ran over to the Mad King and was listening what he was saying. He started a game of Simon Says, but before it started mobs of spiders, mummies, and gargoyles came at me. I didn’t know if I should fight or play the game. Being that they started to attack me I decided to fight back.

Even while being attacked I would create space and do the commands as he asked, but that did nothing except leave me defenseless. I died a few times and got frustrated when the Mad King was on top of the waypoint. I managed to run away from him and pull him away, died again, then left.

I went back to Lion’s Arch, got a group together and headed back in. One player went in before us so he was all alone. The rest of us started the instance right around the same time so we were lucky to be in there together. We had no problems once we were in there. Aside from the bad loot from the chest I have no complaints and had a fun time and will do it again later with some guild mates.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shevek.2691

Shevek.2691

Well, there’s still one more stage left—you’ll probably get your wish in addition to everything else.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vyral.4365

Vyral.4365

Cut scene at noon PST was great. Went into the dungeon with 2 other guildies, on my lvl 22 mesmer. We finished the dungeon fine. It was fun and cool. Not sure why so many people are whining and moaning about this.