So, since most of the US east coast may lose power for days...

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valatar.7590

Valatar.7590

…how about extending the Halloween event past the 31st? It strikes me as being a very bad idea to have the climax of the event only occur on a single day, and that being a day when a large portion of the players may be sitting around in a house without power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

It ends on Nov 1st.

AmateurNet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobobejumbo.4951

Bobobejumbo.4951

Wait what…we got a kitten hurricane coming or something? Goes to weather station

Oh THAT? You said the east coast, not the north east. Scared me, lol.

(edited by Bobobejumbo.4951)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

Boo-hoo, at least your not in an Oceanic/Asia area, we are already screwed for the events, gogo 4-5am for the Halloween once off event. At least in Guild Wars 1 they were competent enough to cater to people from around the world instead of stroking the ego’s of their ‘specific’ audience.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Boo-hoo, at least your not in an Oceanic/Asia area, we are already screwed for the events, gogo 4-5am for the Halloween once off event. At least in Guild Wars 1 they were competent enough to cater to people from around the world instead of stroking the ego’s of their ‘specific’ audience.

Yes because not being at some random event the second it starts that probably won’t even be that great anyway is wayyyy more important than the fact that people may lose their homes to what they say may be the biggest hurricane to hit the east cost in recorded history. You may need to be on at some odd time to enjoy the event, but you are still able to attend. the people that will be affected by this hurricane may be forced to sit out with no choice.

But you people who live in asia europe or wherever are starting to piss me and i am sure countless others off, if you don’t like the way they time their events then quit and go play some asian mmo with events timed more to your liking. Everyone gets access to the event at the EXACT same point in time. Just because you are inconvenienced by the time of the events doesn’t make you special enough to get another event just for you. They are not going to give it to you early, not only because of spoiling and making others wait, but because it could possibly break their entire server system and cut you guys off from the rest of the world so you can’t play with people from other countries at all and are forced to play with people from your own country/region.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

But you people who live in asia europe or wherever are starting to piss me

Yeah, it’s like they’re being deliberately foreign!

I mean, it’s not like GW2 was financed by Koreans or the majority of its servers are in Europe, right?

P.S. – I doubt any Europeans are complaining, since they get the event at around dinner time, which, if anything, is better than the US timing.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

@account

What i said has nothing to do with the fact they are foreign, it has to do with the fact that i am sick of them constantly thinking they are better than everyone else and should get the event earlier than everyone else because the time it happens inconveniences them.

And the game was made by Areananet, yes their parent company is ncsoft which is a korean company, but the developers and people in charge of the game are located in the US, not asia, not europe. Every single game company out there does event based off of their own time zone, i have never seen a game company redo limited time stuff multiple times just to convenience everyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Well face it US gets more benefits that europe in general. A cheer up.. It is just a game..