Spent $2500 didn't even get a potion.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mithik.2903

Mithik.2903

Let me start by stating the title was an a lie, not because it was an exaggeration, but because I used other means of getting the same item. That means was not told at first, the patch notes states:

“Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags can be found in the Consumable section of the Gem Store for 100 gems apiece, 375 gems for a pack of 5, or 2,000 gems for a pack of 35.”
Also note how it says 2000 gems there, we’ll get back to that later.

A personalized trick or treat bag is 750 gems for 35 on the AH. And for $50 you get 4000 gems. That is 185 bags.

I just bought 10000 bags trying to get an endless tonic, guess what I got, nothing. That was the equivalent of 212000 gems or $2500.

There is two huge issues with the current way to get Halloween items, the first is RNG and the second is the price of the gem store. The RNG has been with us from the start in the Mystic Forge and Black lion chests but the fact that keep the % chance of items dropping secret is the worst part.

The second issue I have is that increase of price of the items you are making available to people. As stated earlier, the patch notes were almost double what the in game value was so at some point in time it was discussed that they wanted to charge us $25+ for 35 trick or treat bags. I also spent 100 gold on black lion keys, opened around 200 chests and got 1 skin and 4 shoulders. Even that 100 gold alone is 10000 gems or $120 and this is with the market at it’s worst yet, only a few weeks ago did I get 16000 gems for 50 gold.

All that is happening at the moment is they are causing the prices of gems to skyrocket and the price of gold to be worthless as you can not use it for any of the event’s. This needs to stop, people need to be able to buy what they want off the AH for a reasonable amount not have to gamble it all with an unspecified chance of success.

Attached is a screenshot of me wasting $50 on some bags that netted me around 50 silver of items.

Edit to clear some things up:

the Personal bags are untradable, you cannot buy them from the TP, the ones you bought were the normal trick or treat bags.

sorry but this data is irrelevant.

Actually you can get the personal bags from kids. The bags are identical.

Attachments:

(edited by Mithik.2903)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FenMiHuo.5178

FenMiHuo.5178

I am in the same position, not to the same extent though. I spent $20 to get keys to open chests, open 30 chests, get no items, its pointless to even try. I could have got 12 gold with the same money and bought a bunch of the Halloween items.
I will never spend money in this game again, period.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

the Personal bags are untradable, you cannot buy them from the TP, the ones you bought were the normal trick or treat bags.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mithik.2903

Mithik.2903

Actually you can get the personal bags from kids. The bags are identical.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Another person complaining because the odds are against you. Thats the point, otherwise everyone would have the same items. No one promised you any items and no one promised you would get anything from opening x number of bags. Get over it people.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi,

You can follow the discussion on chests and halloween related rewards, as well as a message from Anet in the following topic

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/22-Chests-opened-nothing-unique/page/25#post523708

to keep the forums clean, this thread is locked.

Thanks for your understanding