Thank you! Funniest event ever: Clocktower [Merged]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

I didnt have this much of a fun in a MMO for a long time.

Thank you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I didn’t have that much frustration in any game in a while. No, the puzzle itself is great, it’s the way it’s presented is what… Well…

While other parts of GW2 make you enjoy being around (virtual) people, this one definitely does the opposite.

I think it’s subliminal racist propaganda.

Against Norns. &#* Norns and their *#$& huge fat @*#&$ of fat.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Man…someone needs to lighten up. Norns aren’t real and, in the end…its just a game.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Ya, the entire time i was trying to do the puzzle i was getting flammed and put down nonstop by other people because i was using my norn. A few even threatened to report me for griefing because i knew it messed them up but used that character anyway.

But seriously, i have seen several asura and smaller characters complete the puzzle while i and another norn and a charr were in the game no problem. Even had a human manage to beat it the same time i did even with both of us right on top of each other the whole run. Not to mention the fact that even us norn and charr have issues seeing ourselves in the big pile of other players.

It may be difficult but focus on your character and try to block everyone else out and you will do fine. To make it easier to see yourself, try putting lots of bright dye colors on your gear to make you stand out more.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

You know, I encountered an Asura during the puzzle (which I have yet to beat) that said he was going to report everyone larger than himself just so he could get the puzzle done. I don’t know about the rest of you, but not only is this a really bad attitude to have, it kind of irritates me that someone would ever want to do that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

TWO HOURS!!! TWO HOURS!!! I still can’t do it!!!

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

im using sylvari with the smallest size,yes i get blocked by norn sometimes,but overall very very fun

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

I hate this puzzle… but only cause I am really really really bad at jumping puzzles. :P

It’s one of the coolest looking and more challenging ones though. So that’s a good thing.
I would have preferred a solo instance that simply reset instantly upon failing – fall, restart vs fall, sit and wait then watch clock scroll… going to have nightmares about that clock… O.o

And yeah, those Norn and Charr on the same screen… I already have issues when I CAN see where I am supposed to jump.

Anet should also add the Mad Kings laugh when players miss. That would be fun times.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Haha! It took me 4 hours total to get to the end.

But once you get it all worked out, it’s not bad. I was able to complete three runs in a row after finally finishing.

It’s like Battletoads all up in here!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Windth.9675

Windth.9675

The puzzle took me around 1 hour and 30 minutes. I like having people in the jumping puzzle with me because well… met some cool people in the process. It was hard but it was a good hard because when you finally get up there you’re like “YES! I did it!”

With the Charr and Norn it didn’t really bother me at all if they took off those y’know giant coats and big pauldrons. Which many did when asked but they didn’t when people go rude and mean at them.

I even went back to cheer on a guildmate and was in their for hours (around like four) and got to the top many times over. HECK! They should even have a time attack or something track best time after you make it up the first time. Beat your best time ooooo~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

The puzzle took me around 1 hour and 30 minutes. I like having people in the jumping puzzle with me because well… met some cool people in the process. It was hard but it was a good hard because when you finally get up there you’re like “YES! I did it!”

With the Charr and Norn it didn’t really bother me at all if they took off those y’know giant coats and big pauldrons. Which many did when asked but they didn’t when people go rude and mean at them.

I even went back to cheer on a guildmate and was in their for hours (around like four) and got to the top many times over. HECK! They should even have a time attack or something track best time after you make it up the first time. Beat your best time ooooo~

This is a good point. I too met some pretty nice people. Mostly it was us laughing at ourselves for failing. :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheAccipiter.7694

TheAccipiter.7694

Never been more annoyed by a game in my life, then i beat it, and lost the will to do any more Halloween stuff. It’s a fun vampire!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: coffeeisyum.5297

coffeeisyum.5297

Thanks Anet for bringing challenge back to the MMORPG genre. Had so much fun with this puzzle!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I believe “It’s a ‘fun vampire’!” is the right way to describe the puzzle. Glad it doesn’t actually count for the event, just its own achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elektrohund.5086

Elektrohund.5086

1st try – Havnt had this fun in this game in a long time
2nd try – Still super fun
3rd try – Funny fun fun
4th try – Still fun
5th try – The feeling of fun is starting to wear of
6th try – Starting to get a bit frustrated
7th try – A bit frustrated
8th try – Frustrated
9th try – Very frustrated
10th try – IM GONNA BREAK SOMETHING SOON IF I DONT MAKE IT

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nyaru.7954

Nyaru.7954

I kept trying and trying yesterday when I should have gone to bed

That moment of peace and exaltation when I did it, best sleep of my life
It was only 3 hours long and now I’m dead tired but it was all worth it.

@Elektrohund:
10 tries? TEN TRIES? It usually takes hundreds, you’re only at the beginning son

in Halloween Event

Posted by: chrischan.3402

chrischan.3402

oh god i love this JP so much
i think i spent more than 5 hours there, completing it with my asura ranger, human ele and charr warrior.
yes you rage, after the 100th try, but it is still absolutely amazing
i had a great time there

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Enlight.4576

Enlight.4576

Awesome JP, expecially because it was actually challenging unlike everything else on this game

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Awesome, indeed. I’ve spent total 3 hours in this puzzle: 1 hour to complete it the first time and 2 farming it for bags (total 272 bags collected/60+ runs before being bored). That’s not wasted time

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

How to have fun at the puzzle: create a huge Norn, go mess with everybody’s jumping. Even better with a friend or two doing the same thing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Sure it’s a bit more challenging while my Sylvari has his head forcably wedged into the cheeks of a Norn standing on me. hehhehhehheh I intentionally am not using my very tall Norn (main character).
Please consider (for next year) adding the option of wearing street clothes during the Tower puzzle, or converting players into skeletons or ghosts for added visibility. I’ve spent hours trying (/cry) and being selective of which group I continue to try with, if I can’t see the ground often I try another group. (I’ve gotten to the beam, but forgot to jump down to the lower platform with the fake chest. that’s the furthest I’ve gotten)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Skamlic.8041

Skamlic.8041

It wasn’t that hard and it was fun, but reward in the end is really bad, compared to time spent.

I enjoy my achievement, but I would rather get no other reward at the end, then getting very ugly, souldbound, non-salvageble boots that are worth 2 silver for me spending 2 hours. Selling it to vendor for 2 silver is very sad.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

+1 did it with all my chars multiple times

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Violet.7935

Violet.7935

I agree. While it could be a bit frustrating at times, I’m glad it was a challenge because it felt much more rewarding when I actually finished it. Thanks, ArenaNet!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

With these kinds of challenges you have to be able to laugh at your own misfortune. I thought this was really entertaining. All those players falling to their death… usually quickly followed by my own character. I even had other people looking over my shoulder, it was THAT exciting.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Norns GTFO! kitten Charrs…

Well… yea, this was fun xD.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sordius.4132

Sordius.4132

After you have made it the first time, it’s actually quite hard to stop. You might think that you will NEVER do it again, well, that thought did not last long for me;)

Explorer, harvester and maker

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

I agree, bit frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it, it was quite fun. Even after completing it, I ran it for a few more hours and still come back to it every now and then. Definitely one of the more memorable experiences in an mmo for me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

After you have made it the first time, it’s actually quite hard to stop. You might think that you will NEVER do it again, well, that thought did not last long for me;)

Oh, how true it is! I feel addicted to it now. xD

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Windth.9675

Windth.9675

This is a good point. I too met some pretty nice people. Mostly it was us laughing at ourselves for failing. :P

True. The tears. The naked parties. The laughter when the puzzle drove you into madness. It really was a mad time. Well I did forget to say this but… Awesome jump puzzle Anet! Good job!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Loved it. But, there seems to be a few bugged instances. I consistently got to the top of the puzzle only to fail with the final jump into the clock face even though I knew I was doing it right. After ten failed “final jumps” I left, joined again, got a different group and overflow and did it first time. The tell on whether it’s bugged or not is whether there’s a slightly delay on some of the animations for platforms that appear on a timer (i.e. the first small ‘disc’ at the top of the initial two flights of stairs, and the cog after the long, high jump. If there are delays there you’re better off rejoining another overflow).

If anyone out there still hasn’t done it, I recorded my attempt to show guildies and friends the route;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9RJa5zr68&feature=youtu.be

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hellacious.5973

Hellacious.5973

The first night I spent 5 hours trying to beat it. Some of the hints about setting down your graphics to make the run smoother helped a lot. Also understanding that it’s not a rush past the “fall” made things easier. So day two it took ONLY two hours to complete. LOL.

So I agree, some of the most fun I’ve had in a long time.

One more thing, best part of the tower puzzle is no BOTS!!!!

(edited by Hellacious.5973)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PoisonousJoe.1237

PoisonousJoe.1237

So much hatred for this event; the frustration level is maddening; but I suppose that’s the point.

I’m not a good platformer – maybe if there was another pause partway up the tower or less people per instance; the time limit is unforgiving and the delayed restart based on others in the instance can throw you off – I’m going to keep trying because I can’t let this thing beat me (3 hours worth of tries in total) – but it certainly took the casual out of a holiday event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yeroc.7516

Yeroc.7516

This was a lot of fun. My only complaint was all the people. The group size should have been smaller, or it should have been a solo event. Half the battle was being able to see my character (Asura). The frist few jumps were all luck.