Thanks from the East Coast for saving halloween!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

As everyone may know, the east coast is being hammered by hurricane Sandy a.k.a. Frankenstorm.

The storm has already caused an immense amount of damage and is forcasted to “cancel” Halloween by leaving the holiday with nothing more than torrents of rain and lines of shattered trees and debris.

However, despite mother nature totally destroying this holiday for us, I was happy to be able to log into Gw2 and see such a wonderfully crafted event that really does the holiday justice.

So for those of us on the east coast who will not have a Halloween due to the hurricane, it was nice to be able to enjoy the holiday online. This event meant much more to us due to the fact that we will not be able to physically enjoy the holiday.

Some of us may lose power or be trapped in our homes for weeks depending on the severity of the storm. However, before all this nasty happened the majority of us were able to at least get from ACT 1-3 on the Halloween Event on Gw2 and enjoy the Mad King dungeon.

So despite the storm, my holiday feels fulfilled thanks to this event and all the hard work that was put into it. I am sure that many east coasters suffering under the harsh conditions of hurricane Sandy feel the same way.

Not only was this event fun, but it was one of the most well crafted holiday events I have ever seen in an online game.

Thanks for the events and for allowing us to enjoy some Halloween festivities despite the current condition of the storm and the likely hood that the holiday will be physically destroyed by the harsh conditions of the storm.

I will be looking forward to future events and the unmatched quality that they hold in the hands of the Arenanet holiday event team.

Thanks!
-Lord Helmos

in Halloween Event

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

Even if I´m playing on European server, I hope, that you continue playing after this horrible period in full health. Good luck.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PTownHero.9231

PTownHero.9231

I agree with it being very well crafted, I thoroughly enjoyed the event (minus the clocktower).. good luck with the storm!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phenona.9457

Phenona.9457

Well put! I live in Md and am getting hit hard by the storm. I enjoyed the time I could spend playing the Mad King events. I was even lucky enough to get a skin for a BLTC chest ! I had a blast in the labyrinth , beat the King 4 times, carved some pumpkins, and got sick from way too much candy corn. So thank you for my first ever MMO holiday event. Looking forward to the next one.

Phenona-Ranger, Somaina-Mes, Shaleo-Theif, Chrytheena-Ele, Milphina-Engi, Purpleppleater Yum- Mes.
Running [Lost] in IoJ

in Halloween Event

Posted by: msima.6351

msima.6351

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in the path of the storm. I live in PA but on the western side.. still Im very much consumed with thinking of all those on the coast. May God be with you all. God Bless.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bear.6514

Bear.6514

Very nice post lordhelmos. I totally agree. I got a chance to play this weekend and enjoy the Halloween events and forget about the pending storm for awhile after getting my house ready for the storm. It’s hitting Maryland hard right now; good luck to all my GW2 friends and guildies in NJ and Ny.
Stuck working because of Frankenstorm so no GW2 for me

Bear
uXa

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’d like to echo the appreciation to ArenaNet, for a cool holiday event and an awesome game. Thanks so much.

With that said…

Our power is out, but I fired up the generator about an hour ago, and we’re running the bare essentials… the fridge, the modem and router, and this laptop. I’ll probably run the water heater tomorrow morning for showers, too. Obviously, this isn’t our first power outage.

The event isn’t over yet…the fat zombie lady hasn’t sung, and I’m hoping I don’t miss the party on Wednesday. My wife and I will be firing up our PCs on generator power (as long as our ISP stays live), and attending the event to finish our achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

It has been an amazing event. When does the event end? I made sure to get all the achievements the game would allow me to before the storm hit. We have no power now and Im just hoping we get it back in time to get emmissary of the mad king.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Hope y’all getting hit by it are ok.

In VAB we mainly got rain, winds and some flooding. I know it cut off the outerbanks NC and such by slicing through route 12. :x Some power outages, but to me I feel Sandy wasn’t too bad. (Kinda glad she didnt kill my power during the event :x)

Anet Im jumping in on this. Though this hurricane crap, I’ve been enjoying Halloween in GW2.
Love the decor, and everything. I can’t wait to see what/if Anet has anything planned for Christmas now.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Captain Cornhole.1485

Captain Cornhole.1485

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk or anything but, sometimes with hurricanes/tropical storms I feel that things are blown out of proportion in terms of damage and extremes. I’m not saying it isn’t dangerous, but just hyped.

Anyhow stay safe, and stay dry.