The 20 Phases of Clock Tower

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

1. Curious, lets just try it cant be that bad, i made already another jumping puzzles even if im bad on jumping im getting it at the end anyway.

2. WTF WTF WTF WTF i really DIDNT MISS THAT JUMP! i didnt, that must be a bug >_<! And what the heck is with the camera?? It rolls down from my mousepad if i try to adjust to the running in circles thing!! GRRRR

3. Oh Come on, waiting AGAIN, why do i have to wait every frkn time? I want to start it the second i choose to, the delay makes it impossible harder to memorize the failures.

4. kitten this Charr with this Golden Heavy Armor on the whole Screen! Relog, Relog, Relog (<- trying to find another overflow)

5. kitten those guys are slowing me down, if they are slow im automaticly slower too >_< -> starting meditation concentrate on your inner self

6. Boah how bad can i be, i allways fail already on the 3% and im already 2 hours in here X_X

7. Starting to type /sleep /sit, bored from the kittenn waiting EVERY SINGLE TIME

8. New statement: “the more i try the worser i get, not better -_-”

9. Starting to type /laugh and directly after it /cry… going insane…

10. Starting to running around in circles, there must be something for me to do in this small room…. (or maybe talking to npcs, starting theories that the npcs are gms watching and laughing how pathetic we are)

11. RAGE!!!!! Kitty-Cat IT! KITTY MIAUI THE WHOLE GAME AND ANET! ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!! -> spam firing skill shots in the room

12. Exhausted (still didnt come further then 10%).. starts talking to the people around me, “where are you from?” “you come here often?”

13. Curious how large the puzzle really is -> watching youtube video -> coming back -> holy kitten “people this is impossible”-statement

14. Trying and trying, this is not more the matter of the loot, this is for pride as a pro gamer! DETERMINATION! i want to be on the other side… come to the oder side, sings “take a boat, take a ride, come to the other side” (insane singing to yourself)

15. Finally being ok on the first 10%, but getting a insane heart rate to the roof everytime you pass the square-jump in the corner where the hands are waiting for you if youre too slow -> failing only couse of the heart rate -> starting talking to yourself -> calm down, everyting is fine ^^’

16. Failing to get to the “leap of faith” jump couse youre too slow or when youre fast you make 1 single mistake

17. Already 7 hours in the same instance, you dont see other people anymore, nothing exists, just make it to the platform! (the one to jump down, before it vanishes), just make it there… then it will be easy….
BUT you cant feel your hands anymore, too cold, too full with sweat, to shaky X_X

18. Take a break and cry in corner

19. come back and make it after 10 more tries, omg OMG OMFG!!! did i do it, did i?

20. the armor is not that good like on the first sight, meh >_>’

-> go to work without sleeping at all with yea im so pro feeling lol

(edited by Amen.2630)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Midi.1504

Midi.1504

+1 for the post
I have been through all these steps except 19 -_-…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Novaova.8314

Novaova.8314

You captured it perfectly.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

Nice! I’m at step 18 at the moment. Just 2 more to go! LOL

in Halloween Event

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Im more like:

4th time through, die on first jump, 1% in. I see where this leads. think ill go find something else to do. saved myself 7 hours of my life

Sanctum of Rall

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

Hmmm… I fell short of moving on to Step 3.

Haha!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You need to edit this and add a branch choose-your-own-adventure style for those of us who didn’t complete it.

19. snap your keyboard in half, plug in backup keyboard, resume murdering tiny plastic spiders in the Labrynth in a savage attempt at vengeance.

20. laugh at those who spent 10+ hours running up the tower only to get slippers while I’m still rocking my Emissary title.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

Was that Golden Charr in Tier 3 armor?

That may or may not have been me.

<3

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bella.3502

Bella.3502

In between steps 17 and 18, I had one more: sing Tick, tock, the mouse ran up the clock, and time swallowed it whole – tail and all! and go completely insane.

Didn’t make it to the step 20 yet, though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I’d completed it before step 3. Shrug, guess it’s not as hard as people think.

<- grew up playing platformers.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MorienWynter.4971

MorienWynter.4971

I’d completed it before step 3. Shrug, guess it’s not as hard as people think.

<- grew up playing platformers.

2 words.. Nintendo Hard.

in Halloween Event

nosleepdemon.1368

I remember Super Mario 3 taking nearly 60 lives from me in the final world on that damnable tank level alone :/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I used to play Nintendo and Super Mario… and for some reason, I’m just not that good at jumping on a PC haha.

This is pretty much how my game went, actually. Closer to the end of finally getting it, I started singing both in map chat and at home, to the tune of Mama Mia… “Halloween Event… Here we go again… My my… How do I defeat you?” Over and over and over again. I was definitely going insane lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

My poor Asura has seen far too many Norn and Charr butts far too closely. It’ll be weeks before he can sleep comfortably again.

Just in time for the next events…

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Halloween Event

nosleepdemon.1368

Well knowing the Mad King, and knowing you, perhaps this time you’ll have to face it; this time you’re through.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unicorn.2307

Unicorn.2307

so true, very good

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

I can’t relate to the feeling of waiting for the event to start each time. It’s not that bad. xD

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

For me it was 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, and 14

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Halloween Event

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

It was challenging, but not thaaaaaat hard.
I HATE, DETEST, LOATHE, ABHOR ALL CHARR AND NORN
THOUGH!!!!! I just can’t describe the rage I feel towards them.
How huge they are, arrogant looking, stupid looking. Even the girls.
And that they of course block EVERYTHING. Hated that part.
So I was so glad when I got to do the clock tower alone, eventually.
Free of putrid charr and norn.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

To be honest, once you get better at the puzzle, whoever you’re running with should not make a difference. I’ve run the course with maxed out male charr and norns and I never noticed them hindering my effort. Once you nail the path where your character needs to land, it becomes less about what is going on the screen around you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shieldbreaker.4012

Shieldbreaker.4012

Unquestionably the kitteniest thing I’ve found in this game. It’s not a jumping puzzle, it’s a “will I get grouped with a bunch of Norn and Charr that keep me from being able to see what I’m doing” puzzle. Which isn’t puzzling, it’s just irritating.

This is a crock. Skipping this, after a total of about 2 hours of trying it, giving up hoping some of the huge models are logged out next time, come back later find more of them, quit.

The puzzle isn’t the part that I dislike. It’s the glut of huge models keeping me from being able to see what my little asura is doing that I dislike. There’s nothing fun about that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

I did it on my Asura first try.

Army of Charrs behind me.

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

Great. I’ve been in all stages, too. At the end I was singing “BadHealer runs up the clock, the clock strikes one, BadHealer falls down…”

I really should see s shrink about that. But still it was fun.