The Clock Tower is Awesome (Video Inside)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

But the difficulty is artificially raised by forcing it to be run with other players present. (Not to mention, classes that don’t get passive speed boons *cough*mesmer*cough* are at an immediate disadvantage) I can’t see myself for all the charr. It would be more enjoyable, in my opinion, if it were an instanced sequence. That way I can see where I can to know where to jump.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

This is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. So why do I love it so much? The design, the atmosphere, the music, the challenge! I relish it. The entire mad king’s realm just made this event go from fun to outstanding. Anet I love you!

And please do a jumping puzzle like this for Wintersday!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

I hate Charrs & Norns…. i hate ’em….

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

And please do a jumping puzzle like this for Wintersday!

I see it already: Climb a giant christmas tree by jumping from decoration to decoration, branch to branch, to reach the shiny star up top.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hardist.3104

Hardist.3104

Hey everyone,

Here’s a video of the Mad King’s Clock Tower jumping puzzle (spoiler alert):

If you are getting frustrated like me, just don’t give up and eventually you’ll learn how to do it, get better at it and prevail

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

Yeah the fact that passive speed boosts work in there makes quite a big difference. Of course you can complete it without them, but four professions are at an immediate advantage.

Guardians (just purely for example!) are not.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Dat rage in Skype, so delicious.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: outdatedkero.5492

outdatedkero.5492

still annoying that not all passive speed boosts work here… some classes cruise up quickly. others struggle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Passive speed boons on your char and no charr on your run. Nice.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

learned allready but will help others… now i cant die

in Halloween Event

Posted by: outdatedkero.5492

outdatedkero.5492

As a charr, the hate is equal. not only are our animations clunky, but you try guessing where your feet really are when your mid leap leaning over yourself.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

World first person to complete tower?

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

Sorry but me and a few friends finished about an hour ago =) But well done. Not the worlds first (either are we) but surely one of the first! =D

in Halloween Event

Posted by: myng.3516

myng.3516

Random unrelated comment:

First is first. There is no “one of the first” if you’re not first to begin with. I never understood this expression.

Carry on, you happy jumpers (& congrats).

Overpaid, Underplayed

in Halloween Event

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Camera and other bodies obscuring landing spots are the issues for me.

That doesn’t mean I want it a solo instance. I love the shared pain of your group failing to reach the top, discussing strategies and tips, and rooting each other on to get to the top.

I just don’t want to have sudden camera zoom ins and getting stuck in spots where I can’t see anything other than the patented GW2 Shaky Cam.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I kinda wanted to make my own thread but that’d be kind of redundant.
I just wanna say bravo. Bravo, Anet. Mad King’s Clocktower is probably the best jumping puzzle I’ve ever played in any game

in Halloween Event

Seveer.6421

I just want to say that I too, also love watching my colleges fall and die Then about 3 of us race to the top

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Saverin.4165

Saverin.4165

i did this idk how many times i watched the vid and i follow it perfectly but everytime i jump at the clock face nothing happens i just fall and get reset

in Halloween Event

Hardist.3104

Did you wait for the clock tower to open? Stupid question I know but still.. That’s all I can think about what you are forgetting, that you are jumping too fast before it opened

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

ive done it one 3 characters now

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

That does not look fun at all. Aside from the race size blocking issues I read about in another thread, you have to do it as fast as possible due to the green cloud? Jumping properly on tiny platforms is hard enough normally (although normally I enjoy them because I can go at my own pace, and without other people). Not to mention I’d have to use my speed buffs which I hate doing because it really messes up my jumping distance and makes me go farther than I wanted to so it’s hard to judge jumps properly… who thought this was a good idea? I’d love to enjoy this if it were a normal jumping puzzle but as it stands now it just looks like an exercise in frustration. Why can’t everyone experience all the Halloween content?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rean.5769

Rean.5769

“That’s all I can think about what you are forgetting, that you are jumping too fast before it opened”

which is a kinda stupid design choice since its not obvious for those who were super fast during the run (like me).
but the puzzle is awesome.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kauhu.1298

Kauhu.1298

The clocktower is not fun. I’m all for fastpaced jumping puzzles, but getting randomly stuck on 1 pixel IS NOT FUN. Not to mention that some classes can actually use speed boosts and do it 50% easier than others.

Not going to bother with this one.

Simply bad design ANet. Not really impressed by the whole Halloween event at all :/ Act1 was what, gather 6 books and kill some mummies coming out of a door? The best part so far was the ‘ghost’ kid in LA, he was really cute. Besides that… it just sucks.

in Halloween Event

Hardist.3104

And it shouldn’t be too obvious, that spoils the fun only :P At least for me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

Which zone is it in? I have been unable to find it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Yeah sadly I’m out. No complaints, it’s just for a skill level that I don’t have. And since it’s kinda group based, much like a dungeon, I just need to bow out because I don’t want to bring everyone else down (which, is also why I don’t run dungeons).

But hopefully I can attend the party.

I did get all the pumpkins carved, and let’s see 100 bags opened. Ate all the candy for the monthly (though I need to go salvage 50 more things before the end of the month, got everything else there). Oh, and the Hunting one, got that. And made the book. And did some PvP events which were kinda fun.

So I guess the clock tower is the only thing I can’t do. But that’s ok. Ya’ll need the ‘mes’ of the world that fail to make you feel better about your success.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Burnout.1206

Burnout.1206

Sure, it’s ‘awesome’. I either can’t see my character, get stuck on the environment, or miss a jump (usually from getting stuck on the environment). I’m done with it. If I keep trying I’ll ending up breaking my keyboard or smashing my mouse against a wall.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Let’s face it, it’s the only hard jumping puzzle in the game. So I didn’t mind.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zerokewl.9140

zerokewl.9140

Finally done, heres a video to share it with you guys. Hope you like it haha ….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqRY1jRfOQc

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ConshyKid.1962

ConshyKid.1962

I’m incredibly butthurt at the clock tower, but when I heard the song start playing, I had to laugh. Congrats!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zerokewl.9140

zerokewl.9140

thank you haha i love them both, the song more though.. that tower was hard lol!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Adorelle.5942

Adorelle.5942

Well done! I’m still struggling. It seems I get worse for each round, because I get more and more annoyed and frustrated! Congrats)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

Took me the better part of an hour to complete the tower on my norn ranger, but complete it I did. And with no speed buffs, passive or otherwise.

This is a brilliant jumping puzzle, and at all times, I felt like the failures were all mine. While there was one or two spots where I felt like the camera needed a little work, at no point did I ever feel like the puzzle was just poorly created, or was of unfair difficulty.

One part reflex, one part awareness, two parts memorization. Fantastic balance, and definitely my favorite jump puzzle I’ve encountered.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hatter.8159

Hatter.8159

This was extremely fun, took me about two hours. And a whole instance of people sending me hate tells and /say abuse because I play a norn, but I got it done and it was maybe of the coolest puzzles I’ve come across in an MMO.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kryo.3586

kryo.3586

It’s seriously one of the bets designed puzzles there is and requires you to think fast. It certainly is frustrating but the sense of achievement you feel when you complete it is one of the best moments you can have in this game…

Hats off and well done.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Indeed, I had a ton of fun. Challenging, but still exciting and enjoyable (looks cool as well). Especially since I didn’t look at any guides so it took me a while to even figure it out.

I’m pretty sad its going to be a 1-time event, because I can totally see myself running it again on occassion. Guess I’ll have to get my fill before the event is over.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyZdravko.2051

AnthonyZdravko.2051

i hope they add more difficult puzzles like this in the future.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kryo.3586

kryo.3586

in Halloween Event

Seveer.6421

Why are people complaining? It’s fun, it’s challenging, which is what most people are saying is lacking in this game. I personally have done it 4 times now. On an asura engineer with NO speed buffs, and when about 4 norns/charrs where in front of me xD
If you think it’s too hard, don’t do it. Just don’t complain. It is possible, just don’t be scared of a challenge