The DO NOT MISS event on the 28th.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

So out of curiosity…

What’s the point of advertising a “DO NOT MISS” event on the 28ths, repeatedly ( not once ) stating that it’s something we wouldn’t want to not be there for.
Yet make it a 1 time thing on an international game of this caliber ?

If it’s just something that happens at the statue, why not add an npc that lets you “watch” the cut scene from the game ? Since it seems you want people to see it in game and not on youtube. Which seems to be where most people will need to watch it at anyway.

And if people get something exclusive out of this, you will obviously get angry players.

So what’s the deal ? Why not make it happen more than once ? Something that’s instanced ? Has none of this crossed anyone’s mind ?

It’s great that you picked a time ( peak hours ) to satisfy the majority of your player base, I just dislike the neglect everyone else is getting.

(edited by Takato.4976)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Too bad for whoever can’t get on. it’s not like they are giving gold away just an achievement. It’s their game they make it however they want and if you don’t like it dont play it.

I think they stated there is no achievement for it actually.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I don’t expect much from it. It may just give out candy.

if you don’t like it dont play it.

This is the worst flawed argument spouted on a daily basis. It’s their game, but they wouldn’t have one at all if not for the public at large. It is the investment of Anet and the public.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Balkor.2197

Balkor.2197

Where did they say that?

I used to be a hero like you, then I took a Trahearne to my story.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

You think this is bad, Could you imagine the uproar if they DIDN’T advertise it? That’s all I have to say.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

Rumor has it gold and exotics will burst out from the lion’s statue like a giant piƱata, showering riches all over the people that managed to be there.

No seriously, my guess is that it’s going to be a halloween boss / portal to boss that ’’awakens’’ within Lion’s Arch, followed by a fight or interactive event of some sort.

As for making it repeatable / viewable. I honestly have no idea why they don’t. It’s not like they had any trouble doing that with any other content in the game so far, like the dragons that decide to show up every 3 hours.

(edited by ZeroStatic.2176)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jest.9276

Jest.9276

So out of curiosity…

What’s the point of advertising a “DO NOT MISS” event on the 28ths, repeatedly ( not once ) stating that it’s something we wouldn’t want to be there for.
Yet make it a 1 time thing on an international game of this caliber ?

If it’s just something that happens at the statue, why not add an npc that lets you “watch” the cut scene from the game ? Since it seems you want people to see it in game and not on youtube. Which seems to be where most people will need to watch it at anyway.

And if people get something exclusive out of this, you will obviously get angry players.

So what’s the deal ? Why not make it happen more than once ? Something that’s instanced ? Has none of this crossed anyone’s mind ?

It’s great that you picked a time ( peak hours ) to satisfy the majority of your player base, I just dislike the neglect everyone else is getting.

Personally, I think the most likely scenario is that it will be an Event that the Community will have to figure out (to a certain extent).

Think of it like the Mad King Pages event or your first time running a dungeon before there are guides. The experience that you get trying to figure out the clues to find the ghosts from the pages. The trial and error of discovering Boss mechanics and patterns. It inherently elicits a different feel of experience than doing these things with the help of a guide or a video.

Or think back to the Beta Weekend End Events. Barring bugs, each server had different progress and different outcomes despite doing the same Event. If one Region does this event before other Regions do.. there will, without a doubt, be people who will watch what happens and adjust accordingly. So what may have been a long epic struggle for the First Region, may end up being quick and unsatisfying for a lot of players in the subsequent Regions due to people already knowing what to do and when.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I am going to miss it, simply I do not want to be a crap statistic for self promotion on a game imo is almost dead and doesn’t seem to have much of a future.

Who actually knows, anet doesn’t communicate anything.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FatalXception.5247

FatalXception.5247

I for one will be very disappointed if there is any otherwise unachievable content during the event. I work 12 hours on Sunday, and have no chance of being present for this event. As a completionist, this is souring my Halloween experience a lot. Hopefully this event is purely entertainment, and I can catch up with what I miss with no penalty when I get home.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

What happened to them running events late, past their real-life end date so that everyone could get to it?

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobobejumbo.4951

Bobobejumbo.4951

Where did they say that?

Mod deleted his post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LokikS.9875

LokikS.9875

Is this in 4 hours or in 16 hours by the way? Cause if it’s 2 PM Central time instead of 2AM that sucks for me… I got work then =\

Zelda Sheek Jr. is my main character and I’m on Jade Quarry.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Is this in 4 hours or in 16 hours by the way? Cause if it’s 2 PM Central time instead of 2AM that sucks for me… I got work then =\

It says that it will be at 12PM PST, so yeah not AM.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.