The Mad King Rewards, REALLY Disappointing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GabrielD.9582

GabrielD.9582

Alright, let me explain my self before any disaggrement/Agreemente. The place is fun, the fight is very well, theres nothing to rage about, its fast, enjoyable and the chest in the end can give good rewards, as far as money making..so whats the problem? Well, after all that hype up, i would expect something unique from the mad king, could be something such as a skin ( nothing expensive, even soulbound W/E) or parts of a unique looking set ( that you could complete by redoing the place) or anything like that, but its exactly the same problem most people complained about your personal quest, theres nothing special about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: carson yuen.6739

carson yuen.6739

you get literally get keys and the craftable halloween items from there… and you get to try it every 5-10 mins..

and you are complaining about the rewards???

this generation’s gamers are just ridiculous… no wonder other companies keep making those kitteny games to cater those kind of gamers.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GabrielD.9582

GabrielD.9582

You clearly didnt even read my topic, or cant read at all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kagejuin.4713

kagejuin.4713

Ignore Carson, he has issues.

I agree. It feels underwhelming when you get crap loot from such a cool and interesting dungeon.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

It will be great, if we can get a unique set of mad king armor that looks like the BLTC Mad King town cloths.

Will be even better, if we can also buy the parts from BLTC. That way the grinders can get the armor free. But those richer and not so free people can buy the pieces they are missing from the BLTC.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shevek.2691

Shevek.2691

Getting the Mad King’s head would’ve been redundant—you can already buy that off the gem store with the Mad King’s outfit.

As for rewards, it’s yet -another- chance to get the rare Halloween skins; those drop from the chest, as well as other exotics. I mean, beyond those, what else could they possibly give that’s not already there in some fashion?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Some gamers refuse to be happy. ever.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chrollo.2173

Chrollo.2173

I would have liked some kind of item you can wear that says “I participated in that event.” Maybe a Mad King Thorn mini pet….I would have LOVED that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Mad Memoirs, 10 slot ToT bag, Pumpkin Carver. Some ppl are never happy.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Now that you mention it, a Mad King Thorn mini would have been a great item as a memento

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Halloween Event

Chrollo.2173

Mad Memoirs, 10 slot ToT bag, Pumpkin Carver. Some ppl are never happy.

I mean specifically the fight with the Mad King. He’s the head honcho, the main boss of the Halloween Event. It’s not that odd to want something to show that you faced him man to pumpkin man and survived.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Waspinator.3906

Waspinator.3906

I think the possible rewards and the rewards I received are far from disappointing. I got a 10 slot bag and a medium armor exotic along with a slew of other Halloween materials and general loot. Then there is the possible loot others have gotten, like the Halloween skin exotics which are extremely hard to make yourself like they were some kind of mini legendary.

EDIT: Unless you are looking for some sort of vanity item that only shows you fought the Mad King but I personally wouldn’t be bothered about something like that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

The main thing i’m disapointed about loot wise is the book (shock – not the weapons!), why?. Because i can’t have it set to be seen due to the fact it clips so badly with any 2hd weapon on your back (how was this not noticed?).

Now if they made a system that it would auto show it when you enter combat it would be great. Think out it this way, how cool would it be to enter combat and unsheave your weapon, then a ghostly book fades in to existence on your back! – then when you sheave your weapon it fades away (in spooky smoke).

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Well, after all that hype up, i would expect something unique from the mad king, could be something such as a skin ( nothing expensive, even soulbound W/E) or parts of a unique looking set ( that you could complete by redoing the place) or anything like that,

Ummm… you mean the three weapon skins? They drop there (in the form of exotics, but they’re there). Unique looking set? Well there is the Mad King armor set you can get… but whatever.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

I got an Epic dagger from the chest so I’m happy with the rewards.
I’m also easily appeased by the extra inventory space.

in Halloween Event

Chrollo.2173

Well, after all that hype up, i would expect something unique from the mad king, could be something such as a skin ( nothing expensive, even soulbound W/E) or parts of a unique looking set ( that you could complete by redoing the place) or anything like that,

Ummm… you mean the three weapon skins? They drop there (in the form of exotics, but they’re there). Unique looking set? Well there is the Mad King armor set you can get… but whatever.

The mad king set isn’t unique though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I got the shield…so, the loot’s there. You just need to be lucky. Sold mine. /shrug