The happy thread

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

This is not a whining thread. This is not even a thread to whine about whiners. Please take anything whiny elsewhere

Now on to the real stuff…

Thank you ANet for the entertainment. We’re just in Act 1, and I’ve had more fun than any other game this year. I look forward to the remaining three Acts, and Christmas, and New Year, and the next year events.

Much love.

Dragonbrand

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

+1, really love the event thus far, keep it up!

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well done and good work guys. The job you did on this holiday is, so far, nothing short of phenomenal and I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

signed: grateful satisfied player.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tine Sionnach.8629

Tine Sionnach.8629

Dragon festival FTW

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Im loving the event, Thank you Anet, I finally have a title I can use

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Risika.8621

Risika.8621

Ahhh… this thread is nice. I have had so much fun already, can’t wait to see what else they have in store!

Risika – 80 Ranger – Ehmry Bay – Sea of Stars [SoS]

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

I took a gamble on chests and lost, thats life BUT I LOVE the event and the game.
Grats to Anet teams for making a great game!!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: elevandar.3014

elevandar.3014

Yea really having fun with this event (as much as I can between studying for my frecon exams) looking forward to the other various acts (and other holidays cos man this one was done really well)

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Two words.

Costume. Brawl.

Most fun I’ve had in an MMO in awhile. Besides, you know, all the other fun stuff in GW2. :P

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

Signed. Amazing game, and a fun holiday update. People complain about not getting items in a lottery and ANet release a hotfix giving them a second chance within 48 hours… fantastic service guys, don’t let all of the negative feedback get to you, some of us really appreciate all you are doing!

<3

Edit: for those of us with limited play time due to commitments, but also achievement OCD, there’s almost too much to do!

(edited by belarki.7385)

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

My power supply burned out which prevented me from doing my regular dailies, mining, and now candy corn farming, and it enabled me to put it all in perspective.

Being driven by a completionist desire to maximize efficiency just complicates your life and makes your game into another job. If you just approach it more simply and do what’s fun, you can avoid making it into another life stress and use it as the source of relaxation and entertainment it was always designed to be. Thank goodness that I don’t have to subscribe to this so I can step back whenver I feel that I’m sabotaging my own break time and rejoin in the right state of mind.

If the prospect of the mystery of the holiday doesn’t excite you, if you are anxious about missing out on candy corn high/lows, and if you find yourself screaming at the screen whenever you get killed in costume brawl by some guy spouting tasteless jokes, then maybe you do need to take a step back and think about what you really want from this game. It doesn’t make you a lesser person to do so, and as you can see from all the other threads here, it happens to a substantial number of people. Being able to come back and actually enjoy playing helps you and everyone you encounter, and if you cannot do that, then at least you have improved your life by ceasing a vicious degenerative cycle.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Loving this event...

+1 to Costume Brawl. Made ordinary costume and Transformations so much more fun to play with.

+1 to the new skins. I spent like $100+ on all of the new town clothing and some keys. I was sad to not have gotten any neat armor/weapon skins, however, I just picked up the scythe and death mantle shoulders for my little level 11 necro. It’s awesome. Heck even the dagger skin works for my necro!

+1 to the redesign of LA. Beautifully done.

I’m looking forward to the next chapter of the quests as well.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Azoetia.2183

Azoetia.2183

Halloween is my favourite time of the year. I expected cool things with the event but not the sheer amount of decoration and ambiance. I don’t really even care all that much about the scavenger hunt and costume brawls, though all of that is very fun. I just like walking around and looking at Lion’s Arch. It’s perfect.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

I’m a fan of the jumping puzzles and the mini-dungeon. Also the costume brawl is fun.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I eagerly await being killed for screwing up an emote or failing to laugh at the right time. And seeing how a couple centuries has affected the Mad King’s sense of humor.

Also I randomly found some toilet paper outside Beetletun to throw around. Perhaps that was mentioned in notes somewhere, but it was a neat little thing to find while running through the world. Little touches like that are definitely one of the great characteristics of how Anet throws parties.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

/signed. Regardless of the BLC furor going on, I’m having a great time enjoying the new Halloween decorations and the new quests. The Costume Brawl is a fun little diversion when you’re in towns, and the disguised Quaggans alone would have made the entire festival worthwhile. XD

“Coo! Oh, Quaggan meant to say, “ooooOOOoooo!”

EDIT: I kind of hope we can smack King Thorn around this year though. After reading the Memoirs and talking to the ghosts, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s no better than Palawa Joko. >:(

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

got horns for all characters got minis and probably I’ll buy costume not sure
spent 0 $ on keys..opened about 5 or so chest get few useful things not related to Halloween
laughing on everyone who tried to farm chest with real money and got screwed

well enjoying event so far >.>

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

The light fixtures over the trading post are really… BATS! It made me smile.

There are a million little details like that in this game that I love and Halloween just gave us more of them. Thanks gw2!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I LOVE the decor in towns, and in WvW. Honestly I like it a bit more then I do the normal graphics in game for the areas.

I think Anet did a great job on it. Some things in certain areas could be better next event but hey, it’s only been out sinc eAugust, and they did a great job.

The Mists, and Lion’s Arch are honestly the best looking places in GW2 by far right now due to the event.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

I’ve been loving it almost done with the Pumpkin carving to get my title but I can’t wait to see the Mad realm and the Clock tower.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

The content in the Halloween event is really good and I’m also looking forward to seeing more of it

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eathanskies.3817

Eathanskies.3817

I’m loving the whole event. The town decorations are incredible to say the least, and hunting candy corn and trick or treating otherworldly doors has a very childlike fun to it. It’s cute, great overall.

Erik Fallon – Coalition of Space Magicians

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sheol Owl.1096

Sheol Owl.1096

HUGE Thank you to everyone at ANet. I am loving everything about the event, and am pleased with my purchase of GW2. After playing GW1 for many years, I think this is a wonderful follow up. The whiners will whine, the trolls will troll, I dont care, I am too busy enjoying the game. BTW – giving whole new skill sets with costumes is brilliant, hope to see more of that too! (But can we get a storage space for just costumes like in GW1, because I can quickly see this is becoming an addiction for me to collect them!)

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Creaky.8596

Creaky.8596

Having a lot of fun with this update, thank you ANET

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim Rogue.6259

Grim Rogue.6259

Thank you Anet for the fun. As a long term GW1 player and someone who has been waiting for literally years for the GW2 launch I must say I have yet to be disappointed in the game content. I was not sure how the first Big Event would be done and if it would be fun but it has been great fun already for my wife and I. After what I have seen this week I can only imagine the fun and surprises that will be part of the first Wintersday event.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

Finally !

Here’s the part of the GW 2 community that needs to be discussing the game and making threads about it. I have been glued to my computer since GW 2 has come out and I’m loving it. I have more time than most being a disabled veteran and there’s lots of hours logged on my account. I can say that I have more than gotten my moneys worth with the game and all that comes with it.

The Halloween event has been absolutely amazing and I’m looking forward to seeing everything else that’s coming up. The game is my place to relax and get away from the real world and you all have made an amazing way to do so. Looking forward to at least as many years in GW 2 as I had in GW 1 and that lasted seven years. You’ve made a world were people can really immerse themselves in their characters and get involved with others as well. The game is really what " WE " the players make of it and you’ve provided some amazing ways for us to do so.

<<<<< One Fan in for the long haul and I’ll disagree and yell when P vs P gets involved and screws with my P vs E playing but we can save that for another topic. If I compared the Halloween event from GW 1 to what I’m seeing now all I can say is you rasied the bar for yourself and what amazes me is that you continue to do so.

Thank You !

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jaxichael.2590

Jaxichael.2590

I’m having loads of fun so far!

I did burn 20g on keys for BLC chests to no reward, but I knew that chance going in :P

Keep up the good work!

Jaxichael, Sylvari Engineer of the Night Cycle

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smitt.8602

Smitt.8602

+1 from me. I am loving the Halloween event and all the content with it. Very good job Anet, very good work!

Have none.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Heck even the dagger skin works for my necro!

Oh snap! Good point! I’m in the process of crafting ‘The Crossing’ for my Asuran Minion Master Necro ‘cause it fits him perfectly. I didn’t even think about the severed hand skin! I keep forgetting my Necro uses daggers. :P

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aaron Cameron.4023

Aaron Cameron.4023

Ya great event probably the best I’ve seen in an mmo and in spite of the fact I likely wont be getting any of the rare skins I even like the way they were handled, rare’s are meant to be rare and in this game it appears they will be, I also hope all the event skins including the costumes will be retired and replaced for next year to keep the cool factor as high.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

I too am enjoying the event. Well done and beyond what I expected (which was quite a bit coming from GW1).

Also if GW1 is any indication, the skins should be retired and replaced next year. No guarantee though ^^. (I too hope this is the case :P)

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

My power supply burned out which prevented me from doing my regular dailies, mining, and now candy corn farming, and it enabled me to put it all in perspective.

Being driven by a completionist desire to maximize efficiency just complicates your life and makes your game into another job. If you just approach it more simply and do what’s fun, you can avoid making it into another life stress and use it as the source of relaxation and entertainment it was always designed to be. Thank goodness that I don’t have to subscribe to this so I can step back whenver I feel that I’m sabotaging my own break time and rejoin in the right state of mind.

If the prospect of the mystery of the holiday doesn’t excite you, if you are anxious about missing out on candy corn high/lows, and if you find yourself screaming at the screen whenever you get killed in costume brawl by some guy spouting tasteless jokes, then maybe you do need to take a step back and think about what you really want from this game. It doesn’t make you a lesser person to do so, and as you can see from all the other threads here, it happens to a substantial number of people. Being able to come back and actually enjoy playing helps you and everyone you encounter, and if you cannot do that, then at least you have improved your life by ceasing a vicious degenerative cycle.

This. I wish more people would do this.

Besides that, the few hours a day that I’m able to login(loads of schoolwork ) I’m having a blast.
It has honestly been a while since I enjoyed myself so much playing a game. ^^

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: stonberg.4198

stonberg.4198

Some guild members and myself met up with a bunch of 30+ randoms in Gendarran Fields last night, mining Haunted Doors like crazy. It was a chaotic blast! I think one of the members ended up with > 1,000 candy corns :o)

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Taking a break from WvW to start on Act 1 now =D

Got the Greatsaw Greatsword though and am absolutely loving the skin!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xenlai.8694

Xenlai.8694

Dragon festival FTW

:O I completely forgot about the dragon festival!

But isnt that a Cantha only event?

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

color me a happy tirick-or-treater as wellDD

what’s a DRAGON FESTIVAL??? that sounds awesome.

in the beginning before the event went live, i read all these things about skins and achievements and new things to do. and being the “completionist” i am.. i have to do EVERYTHING and must have EVERYTHING. but gw2 and ANet PLUS this even really chagned that for me. after seeing the transformation LA went through, and the sheer fun and excitement of seeing a GIANT candy corn node from afar and farming them.. i don’t even “need” them anymore, but i’ll still farm ‘em. i’ll open ToT bags, to get even more candy corn!DDD and i’m still ahving so much fun. oh, the eat til you puke aspect is so great.

true, i’m still working for the achievements, but i am having so much fun it doesn’t feel like a grind. or, in other words, even if it IS a grind, i don’t mind it. so so far, well done, ANet! just finished A1 last night, and teamed up with two randoms and turned out to be really fun! kept calling out DOOOOOOR UPAHEAD!!! CANDY CORN HEEERE while on the scavenger hunt. hehe good times. looking fwd to the rest of the event, as well as the rest of the years to come. ; ))) for Tyriaaaaaaaaa (and apples).

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rocco.2143

Rocco.2143

Very happy with this event!
I spent a lot of money in the BLTC. But not to buy keys, i don’t like gambling for money.
Bought the costumes, the boxing gloves, some minis and hats.
I farmed 13 BL-Keys so far with my 8 characters and opened about 20 chests with them.
No weapon skin so far. But not a big deal. Lots of tonics and booster i will forge today.
And i had sooooo much fun in Gendarran Fields with a door farming group
Thanks ANet !!!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I love this event too, I think it is great to see some positive people here. The game is awesome and this event is definitely no exception to that. I love my witch costume, and wish to get the mad king costume too… but might be happy with just the witch… not that much money to do with and I have no gold left.
Can’t wait to get started on act 2.
I wanna get home from this tiresome class (yes should really not be on here, but meh) and explore this event some more. I am so close to completing monthly, just need to get to wvwvw, which I rarely do tbh, not my kinda thing much.

The only problem I have with this event, which annoys me, is that my own pc is not good enough and I can’t completely enjoy the epicness because of a very low fps and lag.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Looking good so far! Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Laszlo.9634

Laszlo.9634

Love the pumpkins. Love the lobby. Love LA. Incredible what they did, just for one week of the year!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nazer.1576

nazer.1576

i LOVE this event it gives me the Halloween feeling that I got back when I was a kid

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Maximus.1276

Maximus.1276

Loving, just Loving…..GW2 is my first MMO and I feel that I couldn’t have made a better choice. Thank you ANET, you have created a perfect world (pun intended).

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

So Anet know for future events – I would really like to see more scavenger hunts and riddles please. This one was fun.

The town decor is brilliant and the haunted doors are a nice touch.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

Thread of the Forum Section right here. I was glad to see it amongst all the complaints.

Halloween isn’t celebrated where I live, so I was introduced to it when I started playing the original Guild Wars, and it remained my favourite event.
Guild Wars 2’s version of Halloween started great.

I really enjoyed the book quest, as well as hunting for pumpkins to carve, candy corn ore to farm and doors to knock on. (Though they were more fun when they were bugged and an endless stream of candy corn elementals would pour out – even the rollback we got right after didn’t kill the fun!)

The new weapons look great. I love Arachnophobia, but not so much to spend any money on it. I’m extremely happy with the Aviator Cap I purchased earlier, though.

I can’t wait to see what the upcoming acts will bring, but so far the event is a success for me, thanks a lot!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

what’s a DRAGON FESTIVAL??? that sounds awesome.

The dragon festival is a Canthan tradition on the anniversary of the Jade Wind and the rise of the dragon empire. you can find more info here.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

I’m pretty happy with this event. It really seems like a LOT going on. WoW Halloween event was pretty much just a couple food items to take and go kill the headless horseman to get your purple items. Its done in your first play session.

Here we have all sorts of things for different people even a new currency with the candy corn. Above all there are no have to have items that improve your stats. I really hated having to run that horseman event a dozen times. Jumping puzzle, scavenger hunt, crafting, costume brawl.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Wow, I read the comments overnight, and find that there is so much I haven’t yet explored from the Halloween update! Like the toilet paper, and the disguised quaggan! Need to leave office early today

Dragonbrand

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

I’m quite pleased with the event. I’m not grinding out stuff for the ultra-rares or anything, I’m just having fun. Thanks

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I love everything about the event so far. The atmosphere, the little random items (rotten eggs, toilet paper, etc), new achievements. Everything that is except the new weapon skins (both permanent ones and BLC ones). Mining the candy corn nodes is addicting.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…