The happy thread

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

The witch costume is awesome. The Melt skill never gets old. Great work ANet. Looking forward to part 2.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Burnout.1206

Burnout.1206

I feel a bit ripped off with the BLC weapon skins since I dropped $20 on gems to buy keys. I’m not mad or raging at Anet about it. I’ll leave the hyperbole to the trolls.
Overall, I’m loving the event. Finding 150 pumpkins was boring me to tears until I realized I could just hit the same spawn points on my alts.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: axiology.5807

axiology.5807

I’m having a lot of fun, and it’s only Act 1.

Thank you

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

I sincerely hope at least some of the developers get to read threads like this; they kind of get lost in the sea of complaints.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

Dragon festival FTW

:O I completely forgot about the dragon festival!

But isnt that a Cantha only event?

I do remember them saying something about the other lands coming back into play. Most likely in future expansions so I don’t think we’re going to see the Dragon festival again until the Cantha of present time is reintroduced to the general populace (if it is) :P.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DeMilano.6980

DeMilano.6980

The back piece was not only fun to get, but looks so cool! I have it on three of my characters. Thanks for Halloween Arena Net, I’ll definitely be dropping some real money on the Witch costume.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Odim.9631

Odim.9631

+1 nice to see positive posts, thanks Anet.

Anonexus 80 Thief – Oenonexus 80 Warrior
Darkness Is Everywhere [DiE] Blackgate

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elijah.6854

Elijah.6854

Seriously, I don’t see why everyone is whining so much. This event has been crazy fun so far, and quite frankly I’m happy that the drop rates on the new skins are low. If everyone had them then they wouldn’t be nearly as cool, right?

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoosterTooth.1024

RoosterTooth.1024

I actually logged into the forums JUST to reply to this.

LOVING the event, so glad that there’s a positive thread about it, especially amongst all the whining from everyone.

I had ~600 Candy Corn, and got hooked giving them all to the kitten cute little Quaggan piwate!!! Sneaky guy jacked all my candy!!!

Thanks ANet for the event, there are a LOT of people out there who love it, and all the little decorative nuances etc.

/edit
HA, first time I’ve seen my post censored….that’s hilarious!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FallenAdvent.5904

FallenAdvent.5904

Entire event has been nothing short of Fantastic, and great fun. Thank you A-Net for a wonderful even, Especially with how quickly after launch you guys had this thing prepared. That takes true team dedication and perseverance, I tip my hat to you ladies and gents, for a job very very well done.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rocksors.7830

Rocksors.7830

Tbh I haven’t done much with this even but have made some decent gold from it. +1rep

Isle Of Janthir [AR]
Rocksors: 80 Guardian, Althalus: 80 Thief, Birigitte: 80 Ranger, Roacsors: 80 Warrior

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

I LOVE touring Tyria on a broomstick! I bought all the GW1 costumes just because they looked awesome, but now costumes actually DO things?! XD It just gets better.

The witch costume is enough to make the event for me, and it is just one small part of it. So much to do! And all of it a delight!

Thank you Anet!

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I have taken my witch costume to the mists and rode around mining candy corn. I’m on Sorrow’s Furnace and we only owned 1 camp so I was looking for some bots and just goofing around. Ran into several groups of enemy who just looked at me. That was fun.

That little quaggan pirate…I want to put him in my pocket!

I am addicted to door hunting! I have taken people through the scavenger hunt.

And best of all, we are going to be having a guild Costume Brawl. I chose a place that is nice and secluded. We plan to brawl and then take our costumes to wvw. I thought it would be fun to run to enemy keeps and yell TRICK OR TREAT! If no treats, we’ll throw toilet paper and eggs! Beware!

So yeah, I’m having a great time!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Azoetia.2183

Azoetia.2183

The only thing I’m unhappy with is that I’ll be out of town during the grand finale. Actually, going out of town is going to make me miss four whole days out of a really awesome Halloween event, which is brutal as hell. I wish I could take the game with me.

I’m not planning anything during next year’s event.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Czinger.6314

Czinger.6314

Thanks for the free content. I love Anet.

Hugs

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz-16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MissKittin.1657

MissKittin.1657

I’m loving this thread… It’s a breath of fresh air after seeing all of the negativity

I’m having an absolute blast with this event: My little witch whizzing about the world on her broom, sucking at costume brawl, the cutest Quaggan’s ever (and that’s saying something, because they’re pretty kitten cute in their normal state), the bats in LA are just one of the tiny details that makes me smile, the fact that ANet responded to the Community furore re BLC within 48 hours.

If I had one little nit-pick: I think the Scavenger Hunt clues were a little too easy!

Overall, I like this game…
But I’m concerned about where it seems to be heading!
Distinctly less shiny than it once was

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

A big thank you to Anet for creating such a lovely, fun, creative themed atmosphere. I can’t wait to see what the next part of it will be and it makes me wish Christmas was here.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I feel ripped off. The Happy Thread is completely devoid of psychotic grinning. Here, let me fix that for you.

Attachments:

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Been having a good time. Made money selling corn and a skin. For free content it’s great. Really enjoy the no monthly fee. When they put something up that interests me . I would have no problem spending a few pounds.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I think most people are having a good time. I can understand people not liking dropping $100 and not getting anything for it though. I think ANet understood it too.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I have to say the scavenger hunt was brilliant! not too easy but not hard, it felt just right. It was fun and the little snippets of lore were an awesome reward. The nice book you get at the end is a great extra though cant wait to see how this will continue to evolve! If all there was to halloween was the scavenger hunt I would have been 100% satisfied so Arenanet I am afraid you overachieved

The haunted doors like others said are very addictive and the little touches like the pumpkin enviromental weapons, tonics, the effects of eating too much candy, rolls of toilet paper, the toy look of the enemies all give the experiance life!

10/10 from me! Cant wait to see what comes next and more then that what you can come up with for the next holiday events

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I can’t wait to get home and play some more!
I’d play at work if the pc’s here would be able to run it… Heck I’d even be allowed to as long as customers come first.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cevilo.7862

Cevilo.7862

amazing job anet! and we still haven’t seen the other parts of the event! I loved pretty much every thing about this event, I dropped a decent amount of $ to get gems for all 4 minis, a lot of BLK, the Mad King costume and some bank space, didn’t get the skin I wanted but it’s what ever, every thing else you guys put into this game made the $ i spent worth it, thanks for the great event!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sasha Ayami.2907

Sasha Ayami.2907

I just have to add to the happy here. I love GW2. The game itself is amazing from graphics to content. I am enjoying myself so much.

I LOVE this event. I had a blast hunting ghosts and wandering Lions Arch looking at all the work the Devs put into redoing it for Halloween. Mining candy corn is funny i just smile every time i see a giant piece of candy off in the distance. I love wandering from Haunted Space door to Haunted Space door solo or with a random guildie or group of people fighting/collecting whatever pops out.

Though of all the things that have me interested in this event. The thing i found myself loving the most is my witch costume. I love the look and come on i can hoover all over Tyria on a broom with a little black cat following me <3. Sure beats all the walking i have done so far.

Thank ANet for a wonderful game and a super fun event that so far is only 1/4 of the way to being finished (cannot wait for the rest).

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alcix.7954

Alcix.7954

Been loving the event so far. The decorations, the doors, the pumpkin carving. Great job Anet, really looking forward to the rest of the event.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

I feel ripped off. The Happy Thread is completely devoid of psychotic grinning. Here, let me fix that for you.

Please check the first sentence of the original post. Thank you.

Let the happiness commence.

Dragonbrand

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

Considering if this was World of Warcraft, you’d probably have to pay for stuff like this..

I love it. Keep up the great work.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eddie Van Grog.7095

Eddie Van Grog.7095

There is only one game I enjoyed as much as GW2… GW1! GW2 has better graphics though!
Love GW2 and Anet and you guys made a pearl of a game!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alcix.7954

Alcix.7954

Haha! Have only played through part of Act II and am loving every bit of it. You guys are really outdoing yourselves. The Mad King Clock Tower is driving me insane…and I love it. Having a blast, Anet. Thank you.

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I just had a moment of deja vu. When we had the first Halloween event in GW1 there was a huge thread just like this.

-EDIT- And I forgot to say, I concur. Great job!

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Act 2 was fantastic. The labyrinth was amazing, and both the PVP games were a lot of fun.

Can’t wait for the remaining 2!

Dragonbrand

The happy thread

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

This has been the most comprehensive holiday event I’ve ever done in any MMO and we’re only in Act 2.