The reason why I play an MMO

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

Because they are not video games. The clock tower is a fail for me, because it is a video game. No place for this in an MMO. Sorry ANet but for a game that was designed for casual mmo players, this is out of place. I detest twitch gaming.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Wait……since when were MMOs not considered video games?

in Halloween Event

Diva.4706

when they are an RPG.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Role playing game

…seems like it’s still a game.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoninJonny.1582

RoninJonny.1582

errm… RPG’s aren’t video games?!? I’m going with “no” to that one!

“Video Game: A game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or display.” – Dictionary

in Halloween Event

Diva.4706

I like MMOs because it was your character’s abilities that made you successful, not twitch control of the player. Maybe I am playing the wrong MMO after all…..such the pity.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wujack.4692

Wujack.4692

No, the abilities of your character doesn’t make you successful. Its the timing, movement control, right positioning AND your abilities you need to be successful.

in Halloween Event

Diva.4706

Not in past MMOs

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

when they are an RPG.

Do…..do you even know what a video game is?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wujack.4692

Wujack.4692

Not in past MMOs

Sure. In each well known MMO you need these “skills”.
Maybe you thought you were successful but you weren’t?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoninJonny.1582

RoninJonny.1582

No, the abilities of your character doesn’t make you successful. Its the timing, movement control, right positioning AND your abilities you need to be successful.

I’m afraid this is true!

But I would also like to point out in regards to the OP’s original post saying this game is for casual players. This is untrue, casual players are simply not punished for being casual. Legendary’s are not for the casual but casuals can get exotics without too much extra effort. Even the JP recognizes that many casuals wont be able to do it and they haven’t included it in the content. This games has lots just for the hardcore that aren’t for the casual, but as I said the games philosophy seems to be not to punish casuals for it.

Not everything can be for everyone this comes form games in general to the things in those games. Maybe this isn’t the game for you, I don’t know I’m not you, but the game also has hardcore (I hate that word btw) fans that enjoy this stuff. So if the Dev’s giving them something upsets you then I think your expectations are out of alignment (nothing to do with the devs)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

There’s absolutely nothing that requires you to do this jumping puzzle. It’s not like you have to do it to get better gear to go do something else, or get this powerful item or whatnot. It’s there to be hard and for people who enjoy platforming.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Halloween Event

Diva.4706

I like my character to be powerful, and with that power I can get what I want. This game does not provide that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

There’s absolutely nothing that requires you to do this jumping puzzle. It’s not like you have to do it to get better gear to go do something else, or get this powerful item or whatnot. It’s there to be hard and for people who enjoy platforming.

Worth repeating.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

I like my character to be powerful, and with that power I can get what I want. This game does not provide that.

Play an offline sandbox game; you can have all the power there.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

This game was advertised, from the start, as being skill rather than gearbased. I dunno how you missed that, but frankly, it’s one of the reasons I’m very pleased with GW2. As a friend of mine said, “I want my character to be great — I don’t want to be a coathanger for greatness.”

There are so, so many games out there that let you compensate for a lack of skill with grinding out enough gear. If you have to have that to be happy, then yes, this is the wrong MMO for you. Or you could accept that you can skip completely, totally optional content without it hurting your character’s power in the least.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: galeigh.5721

galeigh.5721

you have all been trolled. Good night.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

Ah I think what the OP is referring to are console games which are predominantly action-based (requiring twitch muscles) where MMORPGs are almost non-existent (with exemptions of a few).

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

There is absolutely no level on which this thread is a sign of a good future for humanity.

This is the next generation, ladies and gentlemen.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

This has to be a troll thread.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kromulous.4291

Kromulous.4291

Guess Anet will have to remove sPvP and WvW next.
Scrap costume brawl too.
Also remove all the abilities and just give everyone a basic attack that’s determined by dice rolls.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

I…this…I mean…OP is…what’s going…I don’t even…

…wat?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Not in past MMOs

So you basically wanted to play an old MMO, but instead you bought a new one? I’m glad they add so much different content. This way we all have a choice. If you don’t like the tower, don’t enter it. Go out and have fun in your vintage MMO way, that tower certainly won’t stop you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Are you sure you can blaim this on the game?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

A perfect example of why the influx of casual gaming is detrimental to gaming as a whole.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Panderp.9753

Panderp.9753

So let me get this straight, game is too hard for YOU, YOU want it to be easier?