This event does an excellent job showcasing player culling

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Costume brawl at every major location has invisible players popping in and out at almost point blank range. Its pretty fun tossing things into empty spaces for multiple +1s.

Hopefully this event is a major step towards prioritizing a culling slider in options^^ It actually seems worse than in WvW.. especially around the forge.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

inorite.

The secret of easy champion is to run in there and spam AoE’s. By the time you load for everyone else you’ve accidentlly defeatted 2 dozen players xD

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kauhu.1298

Kauhu.1298

Agreed. I never have FPS issues. Heck, I don’t remember when I hadn’t seen an enemy player in WvW. Yet in costume brawl I didn’t see ANYONE. First time I got the spider, just blindly used Daze and then spammed #1. Next time I got the skeleton and just spammed all the AOE’s (3 of them) from the stairs and easily got to 25 stacks for achi.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Yes give us some kind of settings, i have no lag at all when playing even when with a large zerg, give me a slider so that i can choose to have more players on screen from a farther distance than 4 inches. I understand that the reason i probably have very decent performance is because of this very issue, but again the more options the better i say.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

I agree that a slider or something would be great. Lion’s Arch is a bit of a mess right now for me. I don’t lag, but I can’t see anyone unless I’m right on top of them. I actually see the ‘Pow’, ‘Bam’ pop ups before I see the players.

Also, has anyone else noticed that load times have increased substantially throughout every single zone since launch, and have now reached critical in Lion’s Arch?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Hey it’s the only way to get away from focusers with boxing gloves.

Anyone not buying costumes/gloves is so screwed.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.