Timeframe for Act 3

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Havondor.5346

Havondor.5346

I see the time is set for 12 pm PST. How long after that point will we still be able to participate in the event?

I ask cause I sadly have plans Sunday Midday, you know the whole sunday dinner….I just hope that the one time parts of Act 3 are not so short that I will miss them.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vexrm.6134

Vexrm.6134

They haven’t said if it’s tied to an achievement or not but it sounds like it’s a one shot.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

There’s not an achievement tied to the beginning of Act 3. I highly recommend you try to make it though.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Vexrm.6134

As much as I would love to make it, I found out yesterday I will be out of town for work. Sometimes it happens that way.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Bummer. I’m sure I’ll be at work too, making sure this goes off without a hitch.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Vexrm.6134

Hopefully all goes well. I’m sure I’ll catch the video on youtube like you said.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

Is there any sort of reward from the event? I think it would be fair to let us know, because I won’t be able to attend it but if I’m missing out on something like that then I will get a friend to log on for me.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Asraishalo.8601

Asraishalo.8601

I don’t understand the rationale behind a one time only scheduled event. Not everyone can plan their lives around a video game. I’m sure a lot of effort went into it and many people are going to miss it, unavoidably. I guess videos will have to suffice. I’m not concerned about rewards or anything, just would have liked to see it unfold in game. Oh well, such is life.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Can we get a little be more of a heads up as what is to come? some of us like myself, will be working then and completely out of the loop when this ‘event’ is going on.

Is there anything that will create a “you lose out because you weren’t here, no shiny medal for you” or such.

Or will it be something minor like a cinematic/scripted dialogue thing. Where other can simply look it up on youtube and essentially watch it as a replay. And still in the end be in the same position as others.

edit: Although honestly, I preferred Guild Wars 1 methods better. It simply ran in a scheduled timeframe of every 4 hours or so (the finale that is, it’s more or less the same feeling with this ‘super exciting event that you don’t want to miss’)

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darkrai.3596

Darkrai.3596

So this will not count for the Attend the Party Achievement? And how long will it last I get off work at 2:00PM (2 hours after it starts) will it still be going then?

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Please tell us if there is some kind of reward so we can also decide what character to bring. Unless its account bound.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I thought the idea behind one time events was to introduce permanent changes into the game… maybe, just maybe that’s the case with this one? It’s all speculation, of course, but I hope the Mad King hasn’t only planned a single visit to Tyria. We got to enjoy his presence for an entire day in GW1.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hork.4071

Hork.4071

Yeah it a shame that they decided to goto a one time event to start a sequence.
Unfortunately I will be missing it too. :-( l have been loving the event and would of the love to been there to see it. Just like to make 1 suggestion if in the near future you plain to make a one time event. Can you please announce the time atleast a week head of time if not more. It would be greatly appreciate and help schedule our time to match the event time. Thanks for all the effort other wise. The event has been fun so far.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GodAtHand.5124

GodAtHand.5124

I’ll be missing it too. I have a job interview at that time. Sucks so hard, but I could really use a job D=

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FAE.9635

FAE.9635

Bummer. I’m sure I’ll be at work too, making sure this goes off without a hitch.

I was hoping that this would be a cycling event, like the GW1 events that occur every 3 hours. So this is only a one-time deal?

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eroberry.6284

Eroberry.6284

Sucks, I start work at 3pm EST, which is when the event starts. Dislike that it is only a one time thing and not cycled. /cry

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

Is it taking place in LA? Sunday is my ONLY day off work so I am pretty pleased

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

From the official sticky:

For those of you wondering, having the event at separate times for separate zones is actually one of the worst options. Whatever happens is going to be on livestreams instantly and then on YouTube about five minutes later. At least this way, everyone has a chance to experience it in the game, without having it spoiled by the rapid availability of video on the Internet.

While I certainly agree with the prediction, I disagree with the conclusion. It is still by far better to have the event spoiled on youtube (as if you are forced to look it up there beforehand) and then also seen live on your server, than not being able to see it live at all and thus being required to watch it on youtube afterwards.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

sighs I’ll make it, but due to the extremely short notice, at least half my guild will be missing it. This is gonna sound strange but… for their sake, I kinda hope it’s not too cool, so they aren’t missing much!

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Radene.3194

Radene.3194

From the official sticky:

For those of you wondering, having the event at separate times for separate zones is actually one of the worst options. Whatever happens is going to be on livestreams instantly and then on YouTube about five minutes later. At least this way, everyone has a chance to experience it in the game, without having it spoiled by the rapid availability of video on the Internet.

While I certainly agree with the prediction, I disagree with the conclusion. It is still by far better to have the event spoiled on youtube (as if you are forced to look it up there beforehand) and then also seen live on your server, than not being able to see it live at all and thus being required to watch it on youtube afterwards.

You might want to cut back on all that “reasonable” and “rational thought” you have going there. Some people might get a migraine trying to wrap their minds around that and still thinking the current arrangement is the best possible solution >.<

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kunni.2947

kunni.2947

great… 12 pm PST is 3am on a monday morning here in singapore. 5am in eastern australia. i sure hope this event last a whole day. how are we going to prepare our schedule if they don’t at least give us a time frame?

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tohato.5274

Tohato.5274

kitten br /> From what I understand, the 12pm PST event is some sort of opening event, which does not contribute to any achievements or anything. The actual duration of Act 3 should extend past that till Act 4.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

I also don’t get why a one time only event. I mean really not everyone can be there for such a thing. And after all this has been a highly negatively seen thing in other MMOs that have done them or built their game design on having them through out the game and oh well if you weren’t there sucks to be you. That really is not a good attitude and stance to take. And by having a one time only event, even if arenanet doesn’t say the words, they indeed say it sucks to be you if you missed it by having it. And that was the reason why in GW1 the mad king repeated every x hours so everyone could be a part of the special event within the event. Why is this not being done for this particular thing within this event?

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

I also don’t get why a one time only event. I mean really not everyone can be there for such a thing. And after all this has been a highly negatively seen thing in other MMOs that have done them or built their game design on having them through out the game and oh well if you weren’t there sucks to be you. That really is not a good attitude and stance to take. And by having a one time only event, even if arenanet doesn’t say the words, they indeed say it sucks to be you if you missed it by having it. And that was the reason why in GW1 the mad king repeated every x hours so everyone could be a part of the special event within the event. Why is this not being done for this particular thing within this event?

Chill out. It’s going to be an animation of a portal opening. If they repeated the event constantly, the portal would be unaccessable half the time, which means players would miss out on actual content and not just watching an animation happen.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DumpTruck.2945

DumpTruck.2945

im so confused. so the mad king event is set for sunday or what and wth is the 1 time event. it would suck to build all these acts up and have everyone excited about the final fight for halloween and surprise… you did all this work all week just to find out you missed the BIG FIGHT…

also… if you miss the one time event are you screwed for the rest of the stuff or can you still participate

Bleedingmascara – Lvl 80 Ranger
Fort ASSpenwood – The Many Beards of Liam Neeson[MBLN]

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

Even though I don’t plan on making myself available for this (because I always visit family on Sundays and make a day of food/football), I have no problem with live, one time events. I always thought it was really cool back in the EQ days when GMs would intervene and engage the community with live events — it makes the game feel more dynamic and the time you spend in it more memorable. The idea that every player is entitled to some Developer Guarantee that they’ll be able to play every last piece of content is one of the things that has made MMOs so bland in recent years. Not all content has to be made for every person.

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

The choice of 12:00 PM Pacific Time/19:00 GMT on Sunday was a very informed, calculated decision.

A calculation that unfortunately didn’t include Oceanic players, specifically that Sunday US = Monday in Oceania, thereby excluding anyone with a job.

Saturday 2pm PST / Saturday 9pm GMT / Sunday 7am AEST would of been a far more inclusive time.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Timeframe for Act 3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Chill out. It’s going to be an animation of a portal opening. If they repeated the event constantly, the portal would be unaccessable half the time, which means players would miss out on actual content and not just watching an animation happen.

Sorry I was applying this to a more general idea as this being the first of possibly many more things to come. The reason they did the DEs was to avoid this gripe players have with one time events. Even if it is an animation of a portal opening a short delay in time to do something related to that animation is no excuse to not repeat it. And this is indeed assuming that is all there is. I was ticked off that I missed a one time event related to the end of something prior to game launch. I didn’t even know there was going to be a one time event let alone the fact that it was one time only. I just see no reason for anything to not repeat for something special like this. Sure most playing the game will get to experience it but I am trying to support those who can’t by sharing in their gripe. Because after all if I couldn’t be there myself I too would be right along side them anyways.