Tips to solo Act 3 Mad Realm Boss

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

So, I jumped into the mad realm after partying up with 4 others, and we all ended in different instances. Someone reported they can’t re-enter the dungeon after they left, which got me worried and so I decided to solo the dungeon. It is possible. So here are some tips I took from my killing of Mad King, presented to people who end with the same problem, are as stubborn, and don’t want to wait for the patch fix:

- Kill the all mobs first. If you are forced to respawn the ones you killed will remain dead.

- Whenver you are downed, tab target to see if you can hit a nearby Scarecrow destructible. If you destroy it (there’s enough time to take it from full to zero health), you will rally. This is amazingly useful.

- I recommend equipping a teleport ability. If you get enough distance from Mad King while you are low on health, you will be marked out of combat and will regen your health. Mad King’s health will remain the same. However, the Mad King can teleport to you. The best time to try this is getting a lot of distance from him when he grows a lot of pumpkins around on the ground – he will remain in place until they explode.

- Generally it’s best to fight Mad King from range. He does a lot of melee damage. For condition thieves such as myself, Death Blossom is amazing in this fight due to it’s evade capabilities while DoTing – however be very careful with DB, at some places you can easily leap with it to your death as this all takes place on floating islands. Especially during the last part of the fight.

- His strongest ranged attack is the three orange beams. They should be dodged as a priority. His slung shield doesn’t hit as hard as they do.

- Don’t worry too much about dying, Mad King will retain his health bar between your defeats. I died five times before clearing the instance, mostly during the phase where I had to fight both him and the mobs.

Good luck.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

DoTs like the guardian symbols are pretty useful since he tends to stay in one place for several seconds before teleporting behind you (brought him to about half with guardian staff before switching to gs).