Trash the fluff

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gurubu.1693

Gurubu.1693

IMO as far as what’s been released really is just fluff. I think their time would have been better spent building an instanced area (Halloween based) with an access portal in Lion’s arch. Possibly a small haunted castle you could clear with groups of 5 players with a champion/boss fight at the end with some small possibility of a Halloween related loot.

The instanced area could even be something that would re-appear every Halloween so it could be re-usable content and you would just have to update it year on year.

Although there is more to be released in the Halloween event but we’ll see how it goes. Had another friend quit GW after realizing the event was more bs than something of interest.

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

There’s more to come. You didn’t play the GW1 events (I can tell). If you stay for the main event, you will see.

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

There will be an instanced halloween mission as foretold by the blog post.

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gurubu.1693

Gurubu.1693

I’ll most likely stick around to see how it plays out. If there is an instanced halloween mission lets hope it’s decent.

Has anyone encountered strange doors through the lands? There was mention for it in Act 1. just wondering what that initiates when you break it down.

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I have seen so many that I am actually astounded you haven’t encountered one. Did you look in queensdale?

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

People are just so impatient these days…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

As a reminder, the Halloween event unfolds over the course of four Acts. You haven’t seen everything, so I encourage you to play through the whole duration of the event before making a final judgment about it.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Healu.2586

Healu.2586

Lmao. Quitting the game over one event.

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

The big gap between act I and 2 is rather odd. Really we’re more in pre-event stage it feels like until friday… (assuming late friday night at that)… so it does feel a little weird. In future events I hope they don’t have such a gap.

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

The gap though makes perfect sense …. ties with server wvw resets I bet. Also right before the weekend so makes sense, be on this sunday mid day in LA. I pressume that event will be the partay ;-) Till then … keep your head up cause I’m tossing pumpkin pies in your general direction

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

Lmao. Quitting the game over one event.

i pretty sure he was half out the door and this was the last shot Anet was getting. And just because the event escalates doesn’t mean people will stick around for it .
Hell its really common for people to skip/miss large partys of long holiday events, thats why they run for 7-14days. This is what happen on your first ‘real’ MMO

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

Wow Regina…You troll these forums a lot! LOL =P

J/K

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Damarus.5938

Damarus.5938

Enjoying and relaxing in act 1 – now curious to see what will be coming upon us in the future acts. Def. think the post was a little rushed… hopefully you will get what you are looking for.

Member of Knights Templar [KT] – http://knights-templar.com

Trash the fluff

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Of course Act 1 feels like a pre-event stage, it’s over a week before Halloween! Nothing wrong with building up to the main event(s) in my mind, it makes it feel seasonal rather than just like temporary content.

But then, I love fluff. I don’t see any problem with being handed Mad King fluff and some little amusements. In fact, that’s probably what I’d most like. So maybe we’re just not on the same page.