Utter Failures: Pact Victory Token = Weak Rare Weapons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

@Pikafan
I meant they are considered junk statwise. Some just have problems accepting that “skins and cosmetics are everything in this game”, they want stats and why shouldn’t this be given to them as well, after long, long questline? I can’t find any reason.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thunderhead.5736

Thunderhead.5736

Sure they are weak rares, but you can use Fine Transmutation Stones, which you buy from the STORE, for GEMS to give their looks to the exotic of your choice…..well played Anet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Considering they don’t have any kind of effect (not just they are gold), pact weapons are just pure trash

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thunderhead.5736

Thunderhead.5736

Truth be told, I like the greatsword, now if only the teeth could rotate like a chainsaw…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

I got my Fine transmutation stones for free from doing my monthly or daily, don’t remember which but I didn’t pay for them. Use them, Exotics were never meant to be handed to you on a silver platter. Rares are fine.

I plan on grabbing the pistol as most pistols in game look boring aside from Ruinmaker.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Karadoth.8370

Karadoth.8370

To the people saying exotics aren’t meant to be handed to you easily or whatever, kindly compare the time investment with completeing the whole story to that of crafting an exotic.

Because I can easily get the mats for an exotic in the time it takes to do about two missions from the story, and easily hit max crafting level in the time it took to get about 3/4 of the way through the story at most. Its also a non repeatable reward, so would acount for a whole one exotic weapon.

There is literally no reason for it being merely rare and no reason to whine about people expecting it to be an exotic, this isn’t WoW where top stat loot is super hard to come by so stop acting like it, especially acting like its asking for something for nothing, its the reward for FINISHING THE kitten STORY.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

To the people saying exotics aren’t meant to be handed to you easily or whatever, kindly compare the time investment with completeing the whole story to that of crafting an exotic.

Because I can easily get the mats for an exotic in the time it takes to do about two missions from the story, and easily hit max crafting level in the time it took to get about 3/4 of the way through the story at most. Its also a non repeatable reward, so would acount for a whole one exotic weapon.

There is literally no reason for it being merely rare and no reason to whine about people expecting it to be an exotic, this isn’t WoW where top stat loot is super hard to come by so stop acting like it, especially acting like its asking for something for nothing, its the reward for FINISHING THE kitten STORY.

It’s not like you didn’t get anything from doing each individual quest… I got plenty of reward from finish it, and in no way felt entitled to an Exotic. You get an individual reward for every single personal story quest you do….. how many rewards could you possibly want? I got rewards from finishing Arah, along with the drops, and get an extra weapon which is a rare? Why would anyone expect any more? I finished the story, got plenty of gear.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Coblobstoy.5839

Coblobstoy.5839

<—-Original Poster

First, thank you to everyone who took some time to write a reply, I do appreciate it. I can appreciate everyones varying opinions and it helps build perspective for me, as I never played Guild Wars 1. I’d like to respond to a few specific things mentioned by the community while also trying to clear up what my expectations were & why.

1) I wasn’t sure whether to put this post in Halloween Events or in Personal Story because it actually is a bit of both due to the timing & mixing of everything by Arenanet. This was actually part of my original “complaint”, but I believe it’s feedback. Folks take feedback they don’t agree with as complaining, while others who agree with it take it as constructive criticism. However you decide to take my OP, that’s your call, but I refuse to accept the idea someone mentioned that this thread should be taken down because they don’t agree with my observations and it’s somehow detrimental to the overall community. Take your limited speech ideas somewhere else.

2) I have seen both in-game, in-guild & in the forums, many players voice their concerns that the personal story quest is “too difficult & buggy”, the Halloween events have been a major let-down for the community at large, and the Pact rewards look good but were also disappointing. I polled my guild and the majority of them, who are 80, never finished their personal story quest. I found the personal story quest one of the most fun parts of the game myself so I was shocked to learn this about other players delaying finishing it. ArenaNet clearly recognized this issue as well with the implementation of final reward.

3) I do agree with the notion a fresh level 80 sporting a mixture of blues/greens/yellows would find the final reward appetizing. As a lot of us have been 80 for quite some time and are in a full exotic set, it was simply a let down to see the reward turn into nothing more than a skin with no true exclusivity as it can be bought by anyone on the TP. Perhaps it’s absurd to expect something better, but as one poster mentioned, the time it took to complete the entire personal story chain far exceeds the time it takes to get multiple exotics through other means.

4) The reward didn’t have to necessarily be an exotic, as one poster mentioned, that wasn’t something I mentioned in my OP. I was voicing my feedback that I was disappointed. Yes, I’m in full level 80 exotics and no, I don’t play this game simply for skins and see who can “look” the best. I accept the fact I will likely bore of this game soon if the trend of skin-oriented progression continues. I play games for their content and their ability to challenge me in both solo & team-based events. A cool looking skin is just not an enticing reward to me, but that’s my personal opinion.

Again, thank you for the responses!

(edited by Coblobstoy.5839)