Weapon skins: Where to get the rentals -vs- perm?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

I see a bunch of notes saying you can get halloween weapon skins from vendors to try them out for a few hours. All I can find is a staff, short bow and sheild by a vendor at Mystic Forge. There has to be more than three weapons but I’ve searched all of Lion’s Arch and Rata Sum and googled and can’t find them. Please can someone direct me to other temporary skins?

Also, I’m not ever sure if all the permanent skins are only from mystic forge only, from locked chests only or from regular crafting or all three. Any advice appreciated.

the vendor only has a short bow, staff and sheild. The shield looks nothing like the one I’ve seen in pictures.

I know you can get some from the chests but I have no keys

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

The three you found are temporaries of the craftable skins. There are purchasable ( the Black Lion Chest) skins and craftable skins. The craftable have mats that basically make them absurdly hard to craft, on the level of a mini legendary. Here are the Gifts that I presume are mats of the craftable skins:

- Gift of Souls (Staff) : 1x Gift[s] of Knowledge 250x Orichalcum Ingot[s] 20x Glob[s] of Ectoplasm 100x Crystal Lodestone[s] Artificer 400

- Gift of Spiders (Bow): 1x Gift[s] of Ascalon 250x Orichalcum Ingot[s] 20x Glob[s] of Ectoplasm 100x Destroyer Lodestone[s] Huntsman 400

- Gift of the Moon (Shield): 1x Gift[s] of Thorns 250x Orichalcum Ingot[s] 20x Glob[s] of Ectoplasm 100x Corrupted Lodestone[s] Weaponsmith 400

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guildwars2guru.com%2Fnews%2F842-official-update-notes-database-updates-including-new-skins%2F

You are better off buying the purchasable off the TP than gambling with the BLC

(edited by Sarmach.1547)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

Thanks so much sarmach. Just two more questions for anyone:

1. Are the ones on TP are permanent?

2. Are there any other TEMPorary skins I can buy from vendor? I keep searching and all I find is short bow, shield and staff vendor at Mystic forge.