What most people don't know about the jumping puzzle

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

1) Is that speed boost helps a lot with getting ahead of the green ooze

2) If you are a keyboard turner, its highly unlikely you can do this. You must strafe by the mouse and make pauses of 200-300 miliseconds tops, especially at the very first part.

3) If you need to, stick a small colored sticker on the screen at your characters feet. That way, it doesn’t matter who is on top of you. But also as some already mentioned, when you memorize your character’s center point, you don’t really have to look much at it.

4) Don’t let the adrenaline rush get you because you will lose control of your reactions fast. Take a break and come back after 30 min. You will see that it gets better.

I did it first as a human, with a speed booster and then without.

Good luck!

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kahlan.5609

Kahlan.5609

The chest is filled with 5 gold each time. Go for the chest.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jokeshop.9548

jokeshop.9548

A good tip if you’re having trouble keeping track of yourself is to dye your armour a bright, noticeable colour so that your character stands out as much as possible.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I did everytime yesterday and today without speed boosts, this is one of those puzzles made to “not” use them, as can be evidenced by the fact the skill bars are “blocked” and yet for some stupid reason people can still use those skills when they arent supposed to, personally if I end in a group with someone doing it I would try to find another, with the mass of bodies getting the time on where to jump with the speed boost is infinitely more tricky and as i said, its completely doable without the boost, time isnt as pressing once you get past the gear→small rock at the beginning

in Halloween Event

Posted by: coffeeisyum.5297

coffeeisyum.5297

It’s all about JUMPING. It’s not so much about seeing where you’re jumping as knowing how far to jump and where to land. Once you do it for a while and you get into the groove of knowing how far you need to jump.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Don’t look at the sky. It goes spin spin spin.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chambered.7135

Chambered.7135

I have to agree with Kaderin – speed boosts are horrible, especially when someone else activates them. I left immediately when I got in a group with someone doing that (they were mostly doing it to grief people).

The best tip: Just keep at it.

I got frustrated as hell the first little bit, but you slowly memorize the patterns, dangerous areas, and your muscle memory starts kicking in. After about an hour and a half I can now successfully run it 3 out of every 5 tries, with those failures mostly being from not being able to see myself at the start due to fat norn and char characters.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PTownHero.9231

PTownHero.9231

Good pointers. I’ll have to give this another shot.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Do people actually need speed boosts? I never died because of being slow and the green ooze getting too close, I have died because of jumping at the wrong side of the cogs :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: frozen.7130

frozen.7130

I’ve made a video guide of sorts with a bunch of tips people might not know about.

And no Farzo, you don’t need boosts.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Also good practice is to try jumping further from the “ledge” everytime you aim for the next platform, many puzzles in the game are tailored toward that and I constantly see people falling because of this crucial thing, the clock tower puzzle uses this alot in most of the platforms

And if someone doesnt “know” this already, the 3rd platform(?) after the 1st big gear can be done with 2 jumps, and the 3rd jump is done directly to the next platform, after I got this down (now even with big norn and charrs covering the view) I can mostly do this without a problem and always reach the small rock ahead with time, after that time isnt as pressing and most people would have already fallen so you have the place for yourself :p

in Halloween Event

Posted by: coffeeisyum.5297

coffeeisyum.5297

Also make sure you hold down your right-mouse button which is the camera angle button. Hold this button down while you’re doing the jumping puzzle so you can follow your character better.

People miss the point that part of the difficulty is having so many people jumping at once—this is MADE to make it difficult, and if you can make the first couple of jumps most people will die and it’ll just be you and maybe one other.

So just learn where to jump, instead of finding a place to jump. Teach yourself that it’s safe to jump a little over because even though there are a bunch of people in your way you KNOW there is a block there.