What to do with my candy corn

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

I am seeing a ton of contradicting info regarding which mats are required for which things. I know that you can make weapons and runes however various sources, particularly when they speak about runes, seem to disagree on mats.

Can someone please link an accurate, verified list on all of the potential options for spending candy corn and other Halloween crafting mats? Thanks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

I planned on dumping all of my corn at the kids in LA (to have a chance at getting themed skin), then I saw updated recipe for platinum orichalcum corn amulet. If what the wiki says is true, its a worthwhile investment.

And I sold all the other mats except corn.

(edited by Moderator)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Give it to those diabetes kids at lion arch, they can exchange it for personalised ToT which has a chance of getting rare tonic.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Blueroseknight.7954

I cannot find any mention of a platinum corn amulet. Could you link that please? Also which skins are available in the PTOT bags?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

I’ve literally acquired over a 1000 candy bags from farming the clock tower. I sold them all on the TP for a couple gold, but I was thinking that maybe after Halloween, months down the line, candy corn demand will sky rocket because it’ll be impossible to get them until next year. So maybe if you hold onto them, you can sell them later for untold amount of profit?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

This will only happen if Christmas doesn’t “profit-blocks” you. If for Wintersday you could get the same/similar item stats (consumables included), with different skins. I’m not sure people would really need/want the Halloween themed ones.

in Halloween Event

Blueroseknight.7954

I think I’ll just hold onto a stack of 250 and turn the rest into TOT bags in hopes for something cool. Seems like the best course of action.

in Halloween Event

Aelaren.3784

Blueroseknight, I`m sorry, i meant Orichalcum amulet. My bad.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy_Corn_Orichalcum_Amulet

in Halloween Event

Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight, kitten I`m sorry, i meant Orichalcum amulet. My bad.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy_Corn_Orichalcum_Amulet

Ah cool, thanks. That one does look pretty awesome for anyone who relies on Condition Damage.

in Halloween Event

Aelaren.3784

Also, 2 less opals and filgrees for them so, cheaper than Opal Orichalcum Amulet of the Explorer (for same MF).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I have over 2,200 candy corn… I doubt there will be a shortage anytime soon.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Im hanging onto mine, I have several thousand that I packed onto an alt to get it away from my bank slots. Waiting to see if the price goes up down the road.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

2200 candy corn is virtually nothing unfortunately, enough to craft half of the mats for a single weapon. Crafting The Crossing for example requires 20 Superior sigils of the night, which take 200 candy corn each.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I don’t have that many candy corn, but I’ll be hanging on to mine to see if they’ll be in demand in the future.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

2200 candy corn is virtually nothing unfortunately, enough to craft half of the mats for a single weapon. Crafting The Crossing for example requires 20 Superior sigils of the night, which take 200 candy corn each.

Incorrect. Superior Sigil of the Night takes 100 candy corn each, so 2000 candy corn is enough for all 20 sigils.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Incorrect. Superior Sigil of the Night takes 100 candy corn each, so 2000 candy corn is enough for all 20 sigils.

My mistake, still, with each item costing over 2000 candy corn to craft, and candy corn only being available during the event, Candy Corn will run out sooner than everyone thinks. And not likely before it’s price sharply rises beyond the reaches of the average player.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i destroyed the ~400 i got over the weekend. i gave them to my guild friends but they sent them back, so i assumed they were worthless.

iaintevenmad.png

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Since it takes 2500 to craft each weapon and 150 for each accessory/ring/amulet and since to discover various recipes takes a stack of 250, I suspect they will run out pretty quickly once the event is over, but we won’t really know until we get there.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I am torn between stockpiling and giving it to the kids. I do like what I can cook with the corns but bank slots are scarce!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Just a friendly public service announcement.

On average regular ToT bags turn in to 2 to 2.5 candy corn. At least that’s what I averaged out to across about 15,000 to 20,000 bags.

Personalized ToT bags seem to be between 2.5 and 3 candy corn on average. Unfortunately my personal sample here is only around 2,000.

So if you want to stockpile a lot of Candy Corn you’re probably better off stockpiling ToT bags for storage reasons.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

If you don’t want your Candy Corn, I’ll gladly take it off your hands…

I’ve got almost 2k right now, and I need more. I can’t even craft a complete set of Sigils yet. IMHO, there’s not enough Candy Corn out there. That’s why I’m buying up all that I can before it goes away. Even if the price only even reaches 20c/piece, that’s a still a decent chunk of cash, considering that they currently sell for less than half that.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic