What was the point of the 2 PvP events?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

I thought Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition were fun, but what was the point? I only did them a few times because they didn’t even reward glory.

Since the Halloween event only lasted so long, I ended up spending my time on the other parts of the game that gave Halloween loot. PvP for it’s own sake and fun is fine, but not if an event is going away, soon.

Unless I missed something, this seemed to be a huge failing of the event . Both these matches were fun, imo, and could have been a huge hit if people had more reason to do them.

Why didn’t these parts of the event give rewards? Why didn’t they give glory? Even something like candy corn, ToT bags and the occasional cool item would’ve made them more popular.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Clackdor.9160

Clackdor.9160

There were trick or treat bag rewards.

in Halloween Event

Rachiia.6045

Really? I don’t remember getting them. Maybe it was such a paltry reward for the time spent it didn’t make an impact on me.

Still why no glory?

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I can’t recall getting any rewards out of the Lunatic Inquisition (which I loved!) or Rumble PvP games. I too think if there had been a bit more rewards to it, it’d have been more players participating, past their initial first goes at it. Inquisition got really empty near the end of the event, and it isn’t so fun to be 1 Lunatic vs 1 Villager, the map was too big for that.

I’d so love a type of Inquisition game type being implemented into the sPvP part of the game. Who knows, maybe they could even have weekly/monthly/yearly leaderboards showing longest standing survivors, most dominating “hunter” and so on forth?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Watari.1037

Watari.1037

I think the main reward was fun, and they offered a lot of it. I hope they were sort of beta tests for future sPvP modes.

in Halloween Event

Rachiia.6045

i went back and did both of them. They reward 5 tot bags. That’s not much.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

My theory is like that of Watari’s.

It’s possible that mainly they were fun side additions to the arguably more bulky Halloween content but had a secondary job of acting as the guinea pigs for future PvP iterations.

MOBA style PvP really hit it big this past year or so and I don’t doubt that Anet, in their quest to make a grand splash in MLG, will try to incorporate it into GW2.

My hope is that assuming this is the plan, they take their time with it. As an MMO they’re not going anywhere anytime soon (assuming the subs are there (sup SWTOR)) so they technically have all the time they need to make something worthy of MLG gaming.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

Lunatic Inquisition was insanely fun (and did reward personalized bags. 5 for a win and 3 for a loss).

Maybe you could just play to enjoy yourself rather than always needing a reward for every little thing you do?

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spike Firebrand.8943

Spike Firebrand.8943

There is none as pvp its self is pointless :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Just fun.

Unfortunately there was no achievement, whereas incredibly lame grind tasks like pumpkin carving had one.

I’d like to thank the developers who worked hard on those PVP games just to have them risk being ignored with the lack of achievement. I enjoyed them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

I only did Lunatics Inquisition and played alot. If your team lost you got nothing. If your team won you got 3 PTOT bags. If you were a villager at the end, your team won and you were a villager the whole time then you got 5 PTOT bags.

Rewards or no, it was some of the most fun pvp I have ever done and I couldn’t get enough of it!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

F U N!
U ~ U
N U F
!

That’s the point. ….just go with it~!

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

yep they were fun and gave some ToT bags. You must unlearn the skinner box attitude and get back to doing stuff just for the fun of it. At most I would have liked an achievement/title for the really hard things (kill 5 opponents in one game as villager or the like).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I thought Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition were fun, but what was the point?

Have we seriously gotten to the point where fun is not good enough?

Seriously?

Just………..god kitten it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cyga.1246

Cyga.1246

ArenaNet should add glory reward to event pvp like these and to Keg Brawl and similar mini games.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The point was to have fun.

If you need some value increasing or some shiny to have fun, we have a problem here. And the problem is not an activity not giving achievement points or shinies.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

I thought Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition were fun, but what was the point?

Have we seriously gotten to the point where fun is not good enough?

Seriously?

Just………..god kitten it.

Right?
“Oh man, I really enjoyed this!!…So what do I get for enjoying myself? Hmmm?”

This generation of gamer is pathetic. I am only 22, but kitten kitten all, what the kitten is wrong with these kids today?

I am really glad ANet has kept the challenge in GW2. So many American companies cave in to childish complaints and demands and destroy their games to reward/please individuals like this guy. It ruins the game 100% of the time.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

The Lunatic Inquisition DID reward glory, I know that for a fact.

I know for a fact that they didnt else my rank would have gone up a bit. And it didnt.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Angry Juju.1624

Angry Juju.1624

Okay really?

Are people that bad at understanding the point of video games now that they can’t comprehend something being for gasp fun?!

Why do you need to complain about everything? Have you ever tried having fun in a game without it having an achievement? Do you even HAVE fun when the games have achievements?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

Indeed, the Halloween events didn’t give any glory, cause i haven’t done any sPvP yet but i did the halloween things, both inqui as reaper (and ended top score in several games). My glory is still set at 0 and still a rabbit with 1/500. And no, this ain’t a complaint, cause i joined those games for fun, i don’t care if they didn’t give a darn thing.

in Halloween Event

MithranArkanere.8957

The activities used the same icons as when you get bonus glory, but it didn’t gave any.

They should have used different icons, though. The red/blue flag icon would have been quite good. Or maybe some balloons like the festival achievement icon.

Using the same purple cup icon was clearly confusing, if people think they were getting glory.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Glory is for competitive PVP. It’s purpose is to create prestige for people who are good at killing other players on a level playing field. Activities, on the other hand, are a grab bag of mini-games that shake up the gameplay for a bit. Yes, it’s—**gasp** —fun. The fact that the glory bar is even displayed is just a side effect of us leveraging our awesome competitive PVP framework to host them. (It is really cool by the way. For example, did you know that you play activities with players from other worlds?)

But now that we’ve got that straight, I’m super interested in learning what you guys think you should be getting out of activities. Trick or treat bags were sort of a trial, but I think it worked out pretty well so we may do similar things in the future. Keg brawl doesn’t have anything like that, but it does have achievements. Would that compel you to play? Something else?

Thanks for your time!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Khift.4706

Khift.4706

@Anthony

Minipets. Or town clothes.

These are minigames, they’re fun but frivolous. They should give fun but frivolous rewards, IMO.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arkenor.9523

Arkenor.9523

Trick or treat bags were fine, though I dearly wish that the halloween ingredients were collectible like regular ingredients, and stacked higher. We don’t have much space, and I’m sure you don’t intend us to have to buy expanded bank space just to make room for special events. If every event gives us more such non-collectible ingredients, finding room for them all is going to become an issue. I hope you’ll consider that, going forward.

(edited by Moderator)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They were just fun things to do that were Halloween related. Although I think the events showed a lot of potential for possible new pvp instances that could be permanently added. c.c

I was hoping to find Halloween pvp weapon skins from the events, not sure they exist though and didn’t see any info about them. Also, to be honest, not getting a little glory from them was still disappointing.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Extorza.3976

Extorza.3976

Glory is for competitive PVP. It’s purpose is to create prestige for people who are good at killing other players on a level playing field. Activities, on the other hand, are a grab bag of mini-games that shake up the gameplay for a bit. Yes, it’s—**gasp** —fun. The fact that the glory bar is even displayed is just a side effect of us leveraging our awesome competitive PVP framework to host them. (It is really cool by the way. For example, did you know that you play activities with players from other worlds?)

But now that we’ve got that straight, I’m super interested in learning what you guys think you should be getting out of activities. Trick or treat bags were sort of a trial, but I think it worked out pretty well so we may do similar things in the future. Keg brawl doesn’t have anything like that, but it does have achievements. Would that compel you to play? Something else?

Thanks for your time!

Keg Brawl could reward Kegmaster PvP/PvE gear (Provided it’s not actually already a gear set, I haven’t seen it), or perhaps town clothes with Costume Brawl skills, that’d be sweet.

As for minigames in general, there needs to be something like Dragon Arena, I just love things with high skill ceilings, Keg Brawl is sort of like that but there are no layers, it’s either you know how to throw or you don’t.

I miss Dragon Arena already.

(edited by Extorza.3976)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Trick or Treat bags were not a huge incentive to do anything in particular. By the end of the event I’d accumulated about 200 of them amongst various characters, and none of them had anything more valuable than candy corn and crafting mats. If they’d had some of the Halloween Exclusive skins then that would be plenty of incentive to go for them. Really, that would be the best reward, a token like dungeon tokens that, when you have a decent amount, could be traded for the exclusive costume pieces.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

A lot of things are fun. Your PvP activities compete with them.
Flicking rubber bands into a bowl can be fun. I’m probably not going to be doing a lot of it any time soon while I have triple A videogames on my PC. Likewise, I’m not going to play your casual PvP activities “for the heck of it” unless either (a) they are competitive with my other PvP options (such as League of Legends), or (b) I am invested in your brand.

Brand investment
I will play your PvP over its competitors if I am invested. I am invested if either (a) my friends are playing it, and I can play with them socially, or (b) it provides a reward which I value which you are uniquely able to deliver as the custodians of the Guild Wars 2 brand, which may be the satisfaction of seeing interesting Guild Wars content, or just some titles or loot for my GW2 character.

Unique content
You can make casual PvP attractive by adding unique content – that is, by making it something you’ll want to see. WvW has a little bit of that flavour – watching a castle get sieged is pretty epic and is eye candy as well as fun. But on the whole this takes work and development time, so is probably not a great option. The Halloween PvP was, while not ugly, nevertheless visually bland and there were not a lot of memorable moments coming out of it.

Rewards
An achievement per se is not a strong reward. All it gives you are points. You can also get points from dailies; these are interchangeable. You can’t do anything with points and you can only show them off to guild members, as far as I know.

A title is slightly better. It at least allows you to demonstrate what you’ve done to others. However currently titles are underwhelming at best, printed in tiny text, without displaying how you got them, and only shown at all after someone has deliberately clicked on you.

Cosmetic armour, unlockable emotes, and unlockable miniatures are better still. They are push-advertising of your prowess, in that the choice of whether someone sees them is in your hands, not the viewer’s.

Rewards as Unique to the Activity
Trick or Treat bags were a terrible reward for PvP because you could get them from other places. That prompted the obvious question, what is the most efficient way to obtain these items? PvP was among the least efficient ways, as it turned out. Players wouldn’t be playing PvP for bags unless they were ignorant of the better way, so effectively there was no reward-related reason to play the Halloween PvP. Rewards for an activity need to be unique to that activity, or else it will be competing with the other way of getting that reward.

Rewards as Unlocks
Probably the most important thing is that rewards should be unlocks, not items. Items require you to store them in your bank. For an average reward, being forced to store it can turn it into a punishment. A much better system is to treat rewards as unlocks, accessible either from a menu (like titles) or from a special vendor (like Hall of Monuments stuff), allowing you to obtain an instance of the reward for free on any character at any time, without having to manage the storage of it.

Rewards as Conversation
The other key thing you need to work on for ANY reward is to make it part of a player’s conversation with other players. The easiest way to do this – and I can’t believe you haven’t already – is to announce achievements in either or both of guild chat and local chat. E.g., it shows up in Guild Chat, “John Smith completed the November Monthly Achievement!” It prompts chat about the achievement, promotes envy from those who don’t have it, and increases the desirability of achievements as a whole.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

(edited by GregT.4702)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tanamoril.4980

Tanamoril.4980

I sincerely and greatly enjoyed all of the Halloween events and will be sad to see them go. I would continue to play them even without reward (this includes the clock tower). If you need ideas for rewards, then maybe town clothing or titles are an apt “compensation” for one’s effort aside from, you know, fun!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tyrick.9867

Tyrick.9867

You don’t need to add rewards. I would rather have people in the minigames that want to have fun than people that just want to grind out a reward.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Glarelion.8472

Glarelion.8472

What would compel me to play is the sense of making a difference in a realistic way. I don’t want to chase achievements that are only available a limited time. And i don’t want to scratch, bite and claw my way in through a level 80 zone. Realistic opposition, sure, but fight for every square inch of a zone? No. And as a reward all i ask for is acknowledgement, and maybe a reward in the sense of a decent gear or weapon upgrade. Everything else for me takes away from the fun and challenge of exploring Tyria. Don’t force me down a path for completion, but allow me to do it my way and in my own time, and i’ll be playing for a very long time indeed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

I’m super interested in learning what you guys think you should be getting out of activities. Trick or treat bags were sort of a trial, but I think it worked out pretty well so we may do similar things in the future. Keg brawl doesn’t have anything like that, but it does have achievements. Would that compel you to play? Something else?

Keg Brawl is supposed to give a title for playing it enough. That was a great incentive for getting me to play it, but I’d appreciate it even more if the title actually worked.

When I played GW, I spent much of my time during the holiday events in arenas like Dragon Arena and Rollerbeetle Racing because they were different from the standard fare found in the rest of the game. They also gave decent holiday rewards like tokens, and they all allowed you to accumulate points towards a title track. Of all of these, I’d say the title points were the greatest reward that kept me playing. The freshness and uniqueness of the arenas was what got me in the door though, and was more of a contributor to me staying to play them than any reward.

Given how the achievement tracks for the holiday events are set to disappear after the event, I’d rather see the token rewards for participating in them rather than any achievement rewards. Conversely, for things like Keg Brawl that are always in the game (or bar brawls, shooting galleries, and Polymock when you get around to it), I’d prefer achievement points and titles I can work towards.

Attachments:

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

in Halloween Event

MithranArkanere.8957

What’ll make me play is:

• It being fun.
  • Being able to choose who I play with.
  • Being able to choose who I play against.
  • A title per activity, once you get enough of its related achievements, but not all. So you can get good at some things but you don’t have to make all things to get the title.
  • Shinies! It doesn’t have to be anything spectacular. It’ll be nice if each activity had a related ‘gift bag’. Participate in a full match, and you get one. Win, and you get more. Get bonus score, and you get even more. Inside of it there could be random stuff that isn’t very valuable, but it’s something, like food, drinks, and very, very rarely some rare random nice item exclusive to that spot.

For example, the keg brawl gift bag could have things like a 16copper beverage like a Stein of Hearty Ale, or light snacks like bread, slices of watermenlon or roasted aloe seeds. But it could, very, very, rarely, have pieces or recipes for the costume Brewers have, or a miniature brewer, or a Keg toy usable in costume brawl.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Thanks for your time!

Glory is for people who are good at pvp? That’s the best joke I’ve heard in a while. No, glory is a measure of grind time and greed, that is all. Winning doesn’t even give much glory so people who lose 90% of the time can still rack up glory by farming it (point swapping). I don’t see why we should be forced to play only one type of pvp for glory if it isn’t inherently any more difficult.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

The games were a lot of fun and the rewards were fine, but some associated achievements would have been nice. Not a 100 win achievement or anything like that, but more like “Convert 5 farmers in a single game of Lunatic Inquisition”, just fun stuff that gives you little bonus objectives as you play. Town clothes are another good idea.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Trick or treat bags were fine, though I dearly wish that the halloween ingredients were collectible like regular ingredients, and stacked higher. We don’t have much space, and I’m sure you don’t intend us to have to buy expanded bank space just to make room for special events. If every event gives us more such non-collectible ingredients, finding room for them all is going to become an issue. I hope you’ll consider that, going forward.

Yes please- special event crafting materials need to have storage space in Collections. Especially since you can get some of the materials long before you’ll ever have everything you need to craft your recipe.

I honestly LURVED the ToT bags, even when all I got was tons of Candy Corn. I saw a lot of people griping about opening X# of bags and not getting some sort of exclusive drop… I guess I get that, but I’m much happier just enjoying the fun of it, not setting out with a goal of Get All The Things. I suppose that significantly colours how I view events.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

But now that we’ve got that straight, I’m super interested in learning what you guys think you should be getting out of activities. […] Keg brawl doesn’t have anything like that, but it does have achievements. Would that compel you to play? Something else?

Titles, titles, titles.

They have no real impact on gameplay, and let people wear a “badge” related to some part of the game they liked.

GW2 has a major shortage of titles.

For example, even if I’m obsessed with cooking and have every recipe in the game, I can’t wear the title “Chef” or “Master Chef”. Same for other professions. The only thing I can get is the extremely bland title “Master Crafter”, which doesn’t even tell other players which craft I take more seriously (meaning I’m more likely to have rare recipes for that one).

There should be at least one title for each craft (possibly two; one for reaching 400 and another for having more than X recipes learned), and possibly different titles for different numbers of crafts maxed (ex., master 2 crafts and you unlock the title “Crafty”; master 4 and you unlock “Jack of Some Trades”; master 6 and you unlock “Jack of Most Trades”; master 8 and you get “Factotum”).

And, of course, when you add fishing I expect to have a chance to proudly display my title of “Master Baiter”.

The same could / should apply to events. For example, the clock tower could have given a different title for each chest opened. The Inquisition and Rumble could have given a title for beating the enemy team within a certain time limit, for reaching a certain score, or for winning a certain number of matches.

I think it’s the simplest way to give players something unique (and connected to an activity they liked) without having to create new items or worry about the reward’s impact on gameplay or on the economy.

Would be nice if events had a “winnable” pet, too. Complete all Halloween achievements (not just the ones required to get the title), and you get a mini mummy, for example. But that obviously means a lot more work for you than a new title.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Honestly, why couldn’t there be a bit of glory rewarded? I like to PvE and PvP, why can’t PvPers join in the festivities? XD (Other than the mists being redone, but I actually mean take part in events).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I had a ton of fun with Reaper’s Rumble, which is definitely enough. I would love more games like this in the future, as I’m not great at straight up combat but I do like tactical fun stuff.

And I agree that fluffy prizes should be handed out. I love the idea of new town clothes, or themed gift bags. Fun, unique stuff for fun little games sounds about perfect for me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I thought they were fun the first 5 or so play throughs, but they were a bit too shallow to enjoy much further than that. The fact that they implemented them though shows ALOT of potential and I really hope to see it go further.

And to the red if they’re still reading this thread. 4 words.

Costume Brawl + Reaper’s Rumble.

Unique skill sets per costume, Moba-style map.

Pure win.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Events just for fun is all well and good, but I think the main issue is something the TC brought up.

Being a limited-time event, you have to weigh loot vs plain fun more carefully.

If it was something you could do any time, then sure, just playing a minigame for the sake of nothing more than fun is nice. Change of pace, a way to unwind, that sort of thing.

But if you’ve only got 7 days to do everything the event entails and you’ve already got a laundry list of other things to do which get you items, then choosing to do something for nothing is a bit more of a problem.

Normal loot (ala what you’d get from doing the dungeon / labyrinth) would do, I think. I’d hesistate to include any exclusive loot for the games, because then it forces people to play them for the items, which moves it from “fun game with little rewards” to “you have to do it to get this item”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

I found the Lunatic Inquisition to be so much more fun than sPvP. (Albeit, I really dislike the way elementalists could cheat with their passive speed boost).

What’s great about Lunatic Inquisition is that there’s plenty of time for socializing and you get multiple rounds to know some of the people on your team. sPvp does not have any of this (whereas Guild Wars 1 did).

As for rewards, the ToT bags didn’t particularly felt worth it in terms of time spent (Note: I played it a lot because it was fun rather than for the reward though). I think getting glory for it would be great, but it wouldn’t really make much sense for this particular activity where our pvp armor doesn’t even show. Instead, maybe you could always increase the rewards.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I thought it was a lot of fun, reaper’s rumble particularly. I think the bags were really good rewards, i liked the fact that i could do what i enjoy most…pvp and still farm stuff that helps me in pve.

BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH MINI GAMES! Since the only way to earn the gear you wear in them is through spvp…but you dont benefit to spvp nor is it tied to it in ANY way. WTH do i not have the option to wear my pve gear i worked hard to earn in it? I dont see any good reasoning to this, so please allow this in the future…i dont care if it colors me all red or blue…i just want my gear to show while i play it. As you said SPVP glory is to show prestige for spvp….so should the gear you buy from glory…so lets keep that there ok?

On a positive note the mini game was a ton of fun, i think the tricker treat bag type reward was perfect i’d like to see more of that in the future for mini games including keg brawl. Perhaps town gear, or crap and for people who are extraordinary at the mini game…maybe toss in a way to earn a custom hat skin or something. In the end, its fun to be rewarded for doing something fun and having the prestige to show off your passion towards doing whatever that thing is. So please let there be more rewards for mini games, and please let me wear the things i earn in them.

EDIT: tdlr I want to be able to wear my pve gear in mini games.
I think equal time spent in a mini game should be as rewarding as time spent doing anything else “dungeons, karma events in orr etc” just unique to those mini games. Have fun and get rewarded doing whatever you want to do to have fun…play the game your way and be rewarded for it. Thats the best part about this game, please continue to do this…tricker treat bags were a great start!

(edited by Zinwrath.2049)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d be happy enough with activities rewarding XP, karma and gold in the vein of Dynamic Events. Basically, something so that a PvE player could feel like they are still making progress towards their ultimate character goal while taking time out from their normal PvE activities.

I wouldn’t mind activities awarding Glory (perhaps in place of gold) as well, but I’m OK with that staying as a sPvP-specific reward.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I really really enjoyed the lunatic inquesition mini game, as i played it for about 10hours straight. But there were some things that i just thought needed some tweaks. There were certain parts of the maps that could be exploited into, and i’m sure it wasn’t intended as you are standing on top of the walls which can only be entered through the same path. (which i’m sure you guys are already aware of). I also really hated how people would jump off cliffs and get respawned if they saw a ghost coming, kind of makes it really hard to get them, but i also understand sometimes its accidental, so maybe incorporate a feature where if player is in combat when he falls off cliff he becomes ghost. (this should also include fearing people off cliffs, because they should know the risks). The ghosts are a little too strong, as they can throw out 5 commands back to back, making it impossible for a villager to get away, because once you’re commanded theres nothing you can do. You can’t pick up items/stealth/ or anything, and if you even live past the first command, you would just be tossed another command, making this an almost guaranteed death. So possibly incorporate a Cooldown on all commands after the first command is said, like 20sec cd on all commands for activating one command successfully.

The rewards i thought were fine , it’s just the quantity of them.(maybe a percentage for getting the rare items skins/event items if you survive but of course this could cause be a problem if there are alot of errors and bugs in the game as people would exploit this for money) Maybe even Black lion keys/black lion items, on chance. I think it should be more time based rewards. If i survive the whole entire 12mins, i only get 5 ToT bags, which is nothing, compared to if the ghost kills everyone and we all get 3. Those who survive should get 8-10 ToT (if more than 1villager left), and 15 if last man and survives. But also i know its not about the rewards as i had a blast, but i would leave games that had people who would exploit the game, (really really wished there was a feature to report hackers/exploiters as i feel they were destroying a great game.)

All and all i really enjoyed this minigame, and would hope for it’s return as its a nice breather from pve/wv3. I hope all the bugs and map exploits are fixed in the future, whcih would make this quite fun for me.

Will you help me move?

(edited by Bones.5762)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

@A. Ordon

While achievements may compel me to play more, I like the fact that you didn’t tie in too much of those activities into the overall title Mad King Emissary. I really like the rumble game but not so much on the lunatic, either probably coz the instructions were kinda vague =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Also i really wished that you were able to play with friends/guildys, but if this was to be a feature, you would have to disable rewards (at least for lunatic inquesition) for people would purposely find a way to exploit this, but it would be fun being in teamspeak with someone while yelling “i’m behind you!!!” or die!!!

Maybe even make it possible for guilds to host these events for their guild to do, and the rewards could be something the event hoster(usually a guild master/officer) would put out, where it could be money/items/minis/etc.

Will you help me move?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I thought Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition were fun, but what was the point? I only did them a few times because they didn’t even reward glory.

Since the Halloween event only lasted so long, I ended up spending my time on the other parts of the game that gave Halloween loot. PvP for it’s own sake and fun is fine, but not if an event is going away, soon.

Unless I missed something, this seemed to be a huge failing of the event . Both these matches were fun, imo, and could have been a huge hit if people had more reason to do them.

Why didn’t these parts of the event give rewards? Why didn’t they give glory? Even something like candy corn, ToT bags and the occasional cool item would’ve made them more popular.

Before you critique or insult something, at least know what you are talking about.
You have no knowledge or education or experience in either of these events, that much is obvious.
The Lunatic Inquisition DID reward glory, I know that for a fact. Also, both event rewards trick-or-treat bags.
Finally, content does not HAVE to reward you for playing it. The fun factor should, in most cases, be reward enough. If it is not for you, then go do something else, as you did. Otherwise, keep your uneducated opinions to yourself, please.

Thank you,
A Person of Reasonable Intelligence

Glory is for competitive PVP. It’s purpose is to create prestige for people who are good at killing other players on a level playing field. Activities, on the other hand, are a grab bag of mini-games that shake up the gameplay for a bit. Yes, it’s—**gasp** —fun. The fact that the glory bar is even displayed is just a side effect of us leveraging our awesome competitive PVP framework to host them.

Learn to shush next time, person of resonable intelligence

I played maybe 2 minutes of this halloween pvp. Was too much zergy (as random pvp always is), so it’s not for me. Brainless gameplay is something i will waste my time with, when i will get a precursor, and forced to for the component.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Oh, I’m aware it probably isn’t your area, but I very much second the idea of having holiday collectibles (like candy corns, chattering skulls, plastic teeth, etc.) being able to use the Collectibles bank section, rather than taking up core bank space.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenshi.3598

Tenshi.3598

Reward #1: fun
Reward #2: fun
Reward #3: fun
Extra Reward: holiday-specific bags with a minor chance of very rare items (if your side wins).

Might raise the rewards a bit; 3 ptot bags for 10+ minutes is a bit low. I’d say add extra rewards for good scores or top score categories, as an added incentive.

This Glade has thorns…and here they are!