Where do I send the bill?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lightning.7953

Lightning.7953

Assuming I actually finish this clock tower puzzle, where do I send the bill for my anger management sessions and the replacement keyboard, mouse and screen that I will be needing after this?

- Hold on- going to try again… olyhfhtgf":KLXfdsaKGFDSAV’;NKLM’;.,L

Failed again.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jimm.2461

Jimm.2461

I thought it was actually sad when someone posted a picture of their cracked desk.
I can’t imagine getting that mad over a game — well something that isn’t PvP based anyway.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Link to related hilarious destruction pls?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I thought it was actually sad when someone posted a picture of their cracked desk.
I can’t imagine getting that mad over a game — well something that isn’t PvP based anyway.

Lol really?

Anyway i find the tower fun , only thing that drives me insane is that my mouse tends to stop working sometimes.

Which means i jump right into oblivion from time to time…

But hey , done it 8 times.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dithoricki.2397

dithoricki.2397

I love the tower!

Been doing it on my character a few times after the first success I had. Now it’s not so hard. I helped out my boyfriend with the tower since he doesn’t enjoy jumping puzzles as I do and I must say, playing as an azura while norns and charr run at the same time. Now that, I find hard :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

I spent 3+ hours repeatedly watching people fail at the tower puzzle. It is amazing how few people actually make it up there. And a lot of those that do are repeat customers like myself. You can basically categorize the jumpers into four categories.

1. The mediocre performers – These people never get past the first part. I am fairly sure that these people give up after 10 times or so and gets replaced by new people, because it is the only way to explain why almost always 75+% drop off before the end of part one.

2. The people who need practice – These people sometimes makes it out of part 1, but just as often they fail. When they do make it out of part 1, they generally fail somewhere in part 2. The potential is there though.

3. Those almost there – These people complete part 1 most the time. They can also generally go far in part 2, but they often fail on the way, especially when reaching the slightly trickier jumps such as the cogwheel, the jump from narrow beam to another narrow beam, or the side jump right after that. If they make it past those, they actually have a good chance of making it after jumping down to the easier part 3. Most who make it that far though mess up in part 3 by hurrying to much and missing an easy jump.

4. The repeaters – These are the guys who can do it. While they occasionally or sometimes more than occasionally fail somewhere throughout the map, these people often complete the puzzle, sometimes while looting a chest or two on the way.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I gave up on it, it’s too kitten frustrating for me.

InB4 L2P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Well I know there are varied progresses and persistence from people, I kept seeing people on the first part (same ones) fall in the beginning, staying there for hours but never going beyond that point, and yet many of these same people persisted and eventually completed it, even if it took them 7+ hours to do so.

My only advice is to do it when you arent stressed, never helps. I know the feeling of wanting to have it done, but the stress only made me fall in the most stupid of ways…even in the beginning, now I can do it successively in a row….remember: no stressing! And positive thinking, each platform you dominate means one step ahead, and thats definitely doable

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

Gee thanks for pointing out us “mediocre performers”. We do try, we try like crazy and some of us are very persistent… but sometimes persistence isn’t always enough. That doesn’t mean we don’t want to succeed as bad as you.

For some of us the Jumping Puzzles are just headaches, and I mean real headaches.

Just let us have our fun please without bringing attention to our shortcomings and all that. Thanks.

stumble stumble crawl crawl

(edited by Gardavil.1762)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

I’ve hated timed jumping puzzles for decades, so I gave up on this one as soon as I got frustrated with it. I’m glad it’s there for the enthusiasts, but I have no deep-seated need to punish myself by completing the stuff I don’t enjoy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Angry Juju.1624

Angry Juju.1624

Please… Never play “I Wanna Be The Guy” or “Super Meat Boy”.

This puzzle took my an hour and one video. It really isn’t that difficult after you learn the beginning jumps and learn how to manage your time effectively.

If you want some tips..

It’s okay to be slightly slow for the first part, I purposely slowed myself by taking the longer jump routes in order to be behind the crowd. All I had to do to compensate was do the jump across the single rock a lot faster.

Purposely fail a couple of times, I don’t mean just jump off the edge, but sacrifice a couple of runs so you can get your jumps right and learn what to do and what not to do.

When you come to a dead end and you think that you went too slow, don’t jump on the platform with the chest. Jump to the platforms next to it. This will probably save the mist from grabbing you.

Take the last section slowly. You don’t need to rush it. The mist doesn’t raise that fast near the end and you need to wait for the clock tower to spin twice anyway, so just take your time so that you don’t mess up the last couple of jumps.

You can skip the first thin bar by simply jumping straight to the next rock.

When you come to the following thin bars, take a second to angle your jump. You don’t need to do them straight away.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

I saw a video on YouTube of the jumping puzzle. Apparently, the creator of the tower posted there, proclaiming to be the designer. Um… I won’t repeat what was said to him, there.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kilgorn.1463

Kilgorn.1463

I decided to give up just so I won’t actually break anything. Clocked over a 100 tries and I just can’t do it. Not my idea of fun to fall to my ‘death’ over and over and over again. You can keep your achievement for all I care anymore.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Try playing it as a ’sperg.

I’m not even gonna attempt, tbh. Eye-hand coordination is caca.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I hate twitch based game play, which is why I hate jumping puzzles. Not just this one, but all of them. I tried the clock tower, 3 times, knew it wasn’t for me, and moved on.

Went back to doing the things I enjoy and didn’t look back.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

Personally it took me hours and I was just sitting alone laughing (much like an insane person). But never broke anything. If you’re at that point, take a break!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Gee thanks for pointing out us “mediocre performers”. We do try, we try like crazy and some of us are very persistent… but sometimes persistence isn’t always enough. That doesn’t mean we don’t want to succeed as bad as you.

For some of us the Jumping Puzzles are just headaches, and I mean real headaches.

Just let us have our fun please without bringing attention to our shortcomings and all that. Thanks.

The problem is that most players fitting in the category are the ones raising the fuss, by purposely coming out to the forums and asking for a nerf or removal for this puzzle when it’s not even mandatory to do the puzzle for the overall halloween achievement, the exotic itself can be gotten in the labyrinth or TP quite easily so really, why are people complaining when the rest of us have alot of fun with it? Some of us are redoing it just for the fun as there are no decent rewards for doing so.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

If you want some tips..

One more tip. You can control and see the approximate location of your character (for jumping) much better if you move your camera closer to birdview.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

The only time I ever got mad enough to break something was Vice City, and the firetruck missions. I took the CD out of the drive and put it back in its case, then broke it over my knee. That was years ago, and I have yet to see anything in this game or any other compare to that amount of aggravation.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The tower is a bit on the crazy side compared to most jumping puzzles. Unlike most puzzles, the tower has a “run for your life” style time limit. Most others have no time limit in which you just take your time to plan with each jump.

My suggestion is to watch a few videos on YouTube and see if you can mimic that and learn with what you did wrong, and try again. I’m sure a lot of us spent a lot more time than we’d like on this puzzle, but with a bit perseverance and focus, you’ll eventually get it.

Still your mind! Move on instinct!

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .