Why aren't we allowed to have nice things?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

We finally had ONE boss event in the game that offered good loot.
I understand you dont want us spamming it and taking exotics every 30 minutes and destroying the economy.

But, to nerf it down to only two items and for them to be candy corn and plastic fangs?

Really, guys? Really??

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I think they should have it give some good stuff, but maybe increase the timer on the boss. It doesn’t need to be 3 hours like the dragons but 30 minutes seems a little. I know ArenaNet probably wants everyone to be able to see the boss but the boss is completely optional and there are other events that go on in the zone to keep people occupied. Not to mention all the mats.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

I agree. They could have increased its respawn timer. They could have made him only spawn after completing enough of the other events in the area. They could have just lowered the drop rates on exotics.

Yes, exotics can still drop. But with the cost of my gear + food + boosters, it isnt even worth it. Especially since I am running, what, 200% magic find, and all I get is plastic fangs and chattering skulls?

Why do they think we LOVE those things? no one wants skulls. No one wants fangs.
No one wants the 140,000 candy corn they have.

What we do want, is decent rewards for our effort.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

Agreed 100%, I’m sick of events giving total crap for rewards. Every time we have something nice it gets nerfed or removed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Was it just random exotics or was it a specific type of exotic (E.X. Halloween ones? XD). I missed this so I have no clue what’s going on lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Augustwemust.9436

Augustwemust.9436

random exotics 76-78. It was a nice to have. Now everyone is leaving the areas lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

idk if its true or not but someone said you can only loot it once
doublewhammy.

i never got a turn before the nerf so i dont care either way, grats on everyone who farmed it and got it nerfed for the rest of us
yea, thanks very much

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Totdigital.3925

Totdigital.3925

This is just stupid, thx for ruining all the fun again. Worst event ever followed but worst decision ever. Dunno why you have to punish ppl just because they have a job and they cant be only 100% to get all the good staff. This is my first and for sure my last game from this company. Dunno who is running the things in here but you ppl realy need to fire him.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ashley.3408

Ashley.3408

they didnt nerf the drops they have changed it so they can only be looted once a day

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

random exotics 76-78. It was a nice to have. Now everyone is leaving the areas lol.

I see, lol thanks ^^

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wujack.4692

Wujack.4692

I see, lol thanks ^^

thats not right. 76-80 items. got a guy in my guild who was farming those bosses since the beginning of act 2 and got 2x of the helloween skins (which you can purchase for 4 hours in LA) as exotic out of those chests. thats just not fair that a few people were able to make tons of exotics out of it and a few weren’t.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I see, lol thanks ^^

thats not right. 76-80 items. got a guy in my guild who was farming those bosses since the beginning of act 2 and got 2x of the helloween skins (which you can purchase for 4 hours in LA) as exotic out of those chests. thats just not fair that a few people were able to make tons of exotics out of it and a few weren’t.

A few? I didn’t even know about it, now I don’t get any T_T

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Halloween Event

Augustwemust.9436

meh, left it as is and let EVERYONE enjoy the holiday.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wujack.4692

Wujack.4692

yea thats the point. i mean, i also got one of those skins (the spider shortbow) from those chests. but this fix/nerf is not fair for the people who weren’t able to play since the beginning of act 2. be polite and give everyone a chance.

in Halloween Event

Augustwemust.9436

yea thats the point. i mean, i also got one of those skins (the spider shortbow) from those chests. but this fix/nerf is not fair for the people who weren’t able to play since the beginning of act 2. be polite and give everyone a chance.

apparently they feel differently :/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: silleh.7682

silleh.7682

Oh, something that grants players nice things, only to be looted by few… This is becoming a very common trend of Anet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

idk if its true or not but someone said you can only loot it once
doublewhammy.

i never got a turn before the nerf so i dont care either way, grats on everyone who farmed it and got it nerfed for the rest of us
yea, thanks very much

How is people killing stuff in a game and opening the chests that appear wrong? Because something wasn’t intended (and wasn’t obvious) this is our fault?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thelorion.3680

thelorion.3680

The first good chests… and i dont get a chance, because of playing “too late”!?

Wow… first time, i feel really pissed off while playing gw2. -.-

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

I never got anything better green gear from the chests (and that was with my level 15 character; with the level 80s I only get crafting materials). After the last mini-patch, I haven’t got anything better than a white, and that’s when the chests actually open.

I’m impressed.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

so jonny casuals going to rock in and be totally overwhelmed with the enemy because it will be deserted as nobodys interested any more.
if by some fluke he makes it to the top and some others are there to help and the vet karks it they will have earnt themselves 50 pcs of candy and 2 pcs of leather.

nice

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spottycat.7218

Spottycat.7218

Anet: Regarding the chest in the middle of the labyrinth.

• Please change Mad King’s Armor pieces to Soulbound on Acquire, make them unable to be salvaged (similar to karma gear) and make the set drop in sequential order as people remain to continue farming the full suit.

The point of the holiday event is to collect the holiday armor, not crazy money from salvaging the gear, right?

Shoes come from the clock tower, make the other 5 pieces come from the chest in the labyrinth.

People might want to sit there making crazy profits, but ultimately, you should be consider making this a non-profit event so there isn’t as much reason for people to sit there farming it for money. This way there is a significantly lessened effect on the economy and people still get something really nice from this event.

?Tasho (KGB)? •L80 Jack of Trades!
• Knights of Glory and Beer – Fort Aspenwood

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Anet: Regarding the chest in the middle of the labyrinth.

• Please change Mad King’s Armor pieces to Soulbound on Acquire, make them unable to be salvaged (similar to karma gear) and make the set drop in sequential order as people remain to continue farming the full suit.

The point of the holiday event is to collect the holiday armor, not crazy money from salvaging the gear, right?

Shoes come from the clock tower, make the other 5 pieces come from the chest in the labyrinth.

People might want to sit there making crazy profits, but ultimately, you should be consider making this a non-profit event so there isn’t as much reason for people to sit there farming it for money. This way there is a significantly lessened effect on the economy and people still get something really nice from this event.

Totally agree with this.

I don’t care about easy gold. I care about the set. Getting the slippers from the Clock Tower was extremely satisfying. Why not make the other pieces just as satisfying to acquire?