Why doesn't artificer "mystery tonic" work in halloween chest recipie?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

Q:

The recipe says “mystery tonic” and on my artificer I discovered 3 tonics called: “mystery tonic”

I made 10 of each but the forge will only take the round bottle. They are all “mystery tonic” so I’m confused. Why won’t the forget take them?

In the photo my cursor is not showing but I’m pointing to one of the bottles it won’t take so you can see the name. You can also see that both of the other shaped bottles (“mystery tonic”) don’t even show up in the discovery panel— only the round one.

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

A:

Because this system is intended to reimbursed people who get a lot of crap from BL chest.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CaptainOok.1048

CaptainOok.1048

the type that works (claw+fang) is the one that comes out of the chests, and the recipe is intended to work with the items you received from the chests.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

Right, the other potions are for furniture and plant transformations, only the animal mystery tonics work.

JQ- [VG]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Sweet, it’s too bad though that I used 45 keys on day 1 and threw away all of my mystery tonics. So basically people like me are straight up screwed.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

I don’t understand how anyone is supposed to know the difference? All three recipies are for “mystery tonic” and the recipie said to use “mystery tonic.”

Hope, at least, I stopped others from picking the wrong artificer recipie because those were nice materials.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Because this system is intended to reimbursed people who get a lot of crap from BL chest.

If it’s meant to reimburse people who opened lots of chests, then there should be a way to use all tonics, not just mystic ones, as they used to give lots and lots of tonics of any kind.

For example, 4 any tonics should give you 2 or 3 Mystery Tonics.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

People at Arena Net love to give completely different items identical names. Maybe they’re trying to improve the compression of text files or something. One of the reasons why GW2 database sites are such a mess is precisely that – two, three, sometimes up to five items with the same name but completely different properties.

Of course, the main reason is that GW2 doesn’t support plug-ins and 3rd party sites have no way to access the item database, but the name repetition isn’t helping, either, and it confuses players as well as database sites.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RogueRegault.2987

RogueRegault.2987

I’m more annoyed that Ram Tonics, Devourer Tonics, etc. don’t work in the recipe. I was hoping I could finally clear them from my bank.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

If you think that’s bad, Mesmer have two SKILLS with the same name. Talk about confusing…

Sword #1: Mind stab – Attack target for weak damage, remove a boon.
Greatsword #3: Mind stab – Blade erupts from the ground dealling AoE damage

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

But hey, mesmers are all about clones that do slightly different things.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

If it’s meant to reimburse people who opened lots of chests, then there should be a way to use all tonics, not just mystic ones, as they used to give lots and lots of tonics of any kind.

For example, 4 any tonics should give you 2 or 3 Mystery Tonics.

People who open the chest during halloween event will get mystery tonic, therefore this system is made for those who are trying to get halloween item from the chest.

I know it’s kinda lame, but I understand what Anet is trying to do since there are tons of people whining that they didn’t get anything good from the chest…

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.