Will Halloween chest items be unlocked with normal keys?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

I’ve been exploring and doing story missions to try and stock up a handful of Black Lion Keys for the event, but I wonder if there is going to be a special Halloween Black Lion Key which will be the only way to get these Halloween items.

I haven’t seen anything about it, but I’d like to know before I spend my entire weekend exploring instead of leveling, only to find out I can’t get the Halloween skins.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Flavvor.2648

Flavvor.2648

I’m going to say yes. That way people will buy them at the gem store.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

You use normal keys to open the chests yes, there won’t be an additional chest type for Halloween, it’ll simply be that the existing black lion chests have new items that can be found in them during the 10 day Halloween festivities.

And also since I’m sure someone will ask this, yes there are loads of other Halloween rewards you can earn over the course of the festival that don’t come out of these chests!

And finally, make sure to be around on Sunday October 28th mid-day pacific time, you’re NOT going to want to miss it!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

You use normal keys to open the chests yes, there won’t be an additional chest type for Halloween, it’ll simply be that the existing black lion chests have new items that can be found in them during the 10 day Halloween festivities.

And also since I’m sure someone will ask this, yes there are loads of other Halloween rewards you can earn over the course of the festival that don’t come out of these chests!

And finally, make sure to be around on Sunday October 28th mid-day pacific time, you’re NOT going to want to miss it!

Why? Will it be a grand event? Free items? A one time world changing occurence?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Magoslich.6857

Magoslich.6857

Awww kitten I’ve gotta work at that time on Sunday. Anychance of the event or thing happening again later in the day or am I just out of luck?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AvivKing.5863

AvivKing.5863

so if normal keys open the the halloween chest , how can we get the key either them pay with gems !
arenanet let us farm the key !? or the event is only for rich people!?

in Halloween Event

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Rich people only. :O

Or trade your gold for gems, you know you can do that right? If you are a farmer, then you should have no issue at all collecting in game silver and gold to convert to gems.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I have a question. Are the random skins from the chests exclusive to the chest? And are they account bound, meaning : they can’t be traded/sold?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Yeah I’m not a fan if this… sigh

The chest I receive, will they always remain in my bags even after the event or will they go away when the event is over? I won’t be buying keys so I’ll most likely sit on the chest till I happen to get a key.

Also if I do get a key 4 months later and open a chest will it still drop halloween items even though the event is over?

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

(edited by krojack.4920)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

The chest I receive, will they always remain in my bags even after the event or will they go away when the event is over? I won’t be buying keys so I’ll most likely sit on the chest till I happen to get a key.

Also if I do get a key 4 months later and open a chest will it still drop halloween items even though the event is over?

Make new characters and do the story missions up to level 10, which is when you get the first chest key I think.

Explore the starter areas, where you can rampage through the NPCs.

Explore cities.

This is how I’m farming keys. I’m not going to have 100 by any means, but I’ll have enough to hopefully get one Halloween skin. The rest of my time will be spent on the non-chest part of the event.

in Halloween Event

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

You can only get the Halloween weapon skin during the Halloween event, ending Nov 5.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shemhazazi.6972

Shemhazazi.6972

I wonder if saved chests from before the event will have a chance of providing event items when opened during the event. This would seem most likely if all they do is alter the loot table of chests, which would probably also mean that event items wouldn’t drop from chests opened after the event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

my biggest question is if keys will go on a major sale during halloween. the price-to-chance of reward ratio is too steep.

@ostracize – i never ever get keys for map completion. instead i’m getting more and more standard transmutation stones (oh how i’d love to be able to turn 10 of them into a fine one and save me some money). i think i dropped like 5 keys in my 300+ hours of game.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I never got a key ever (except story mode/map completion) since Beta 2 when they were still mystic chests and keys.

Why aren’t they dropping anymore? They should drop for everyone at a reasonable rate not just low levels. Not everyone can pay on credit for gems or get enough gold for gems. Granted we have cards now…

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

How could Mr. Johanson have been any clearer? The special items drop from ANY (new/existing) chests DURING the event…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

You know these are not actual chests with actual items in them, right? I suspect that when you open one you get a roll on the loot table at that moment.

Sorry if that rocks anyone’s world.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blasius.4081

Blasius.4081

Will Halloween weapon skins be exclusive to Black Lion Chests or will they be available though other means? Such as a reward after completing all 4 story arcs or via Mystic Forge?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Yay on Sunday October 28th mid-day pacific time we gonna have a fast & fluid combat with no more skills delay. Skills wont blink twice no more before my toon start doing something cause my toon wont fart first before he attack/leap. Yayyyy!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I just hope that they increase the drop rate on the keys, because in almost two months of playing and across six characters I’ve accumulated about three dozen chests, but only a half-dozen keys.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SimianChaos.3219

SimianChaos.3219

Ohoni

I just hope that they increase the drop rate on the keys, because in almost two months of playing and across six characters I’ve accumulated about three dozen chests, but only a half-dozen keys.

They want you to buy keys, the drop rate will never increase. And chests have a decent chance of containing another key in them (not always mind you).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

Great, Europe gets screwed again?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Oceania gets screwed again!

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

So make sure were around at about 8pmish uk time sunday 28th then? cool im usually on then

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

work hours akward timing for oceanic
it is a monday for us

(edited by Boogiepophantom.3041)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

On the question of farming keys that was asked in this thread

Fun fact: You can farm keys, just think back to the very first time you received one and there is your answer.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

They want you to buy keys, the drop rate will never increase. And chests have a decent chance of containing another key in them (not always mind you).

I had good luck in beta, opening several chest in a row off a single key, but I’ve had terrible luck since launch, no keys in any of the chest I opened, and I already burned through all the keys I have, getting mostly tonics and temp buffs.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Colonello.8351

Colonello.8351

“And finally, make sure to be around on Sunday October 28th mid-day pacific time, you’re NOT going to want to miss it!” Really? thats 5-6am on monday morning for aussies and 8am for New Zealand.. most people have work or school… Sigh, shoulda done it on 12 pm mid day for saturday….

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Please change the grand event date and time. The whole world is playing this game. Us players have the last laugh but the rest of the world are either sleeping through the night or working/studying. There are a lot of players outside US.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

In gw1 they made events like these loop so if there was a finale on the 28th, it would run every four hours for the whole day, that way everyone got to participate. It worked well so what happened to that idea?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m from Australia too, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it, my fellow ANZACs. Chances are the event Colin’s talking about will be a 24 hour repeating event similar to Mad King Thorn’s visits for GW1. ANet’s done these special events for over 7 years now; they know how to work these things so that all players will have a chance to see them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Colonello.8351

Colonello.8351

Ohk thats good to hear, thanks guys

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

The Black Lion Chest is getting a spooky upgrade for Halloween. Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!

So don’t open chests on the 22nd, wait until the 23rd!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Can you please use GMT or universal time. Thanks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Can you please use GMT or universal time. Thanks.

Afternoon, PDT. Around now i’m posting.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter