Will all levels be able to fully participate?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rectifyer.1804

Rectifyer.1804

Q:

I was wondering if the Halloween Events will be available in 100% for all levels?

Thanks,

Rectifyer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

A:

Pretty much. We’ve got very good coverage over a good range of levels, and don’t forget we can scale you up and down for various things.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rectifyer.1804

Rectifyer.1804

That’s a very good answer. Thank you very much. Does this include being able to craft the Halloween Items?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

You can learn those recipes even if your not that crafting proffesion so they will be waiting for you when you reach that level

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darth Danny.4032

Darth Danny.4032

Im a little annoyed that all these people who didnt get the game on release or were too lazy to level up are expecting to have all these items handed to them at level 1.

What is wrong with Anet rewarding high level players with content when they have worked hard and supported the game from the beginning.

Iv supported this game from the beginning, I bought the art of guild wars 2 book when it was released YEARS ago.

I prepurchased the game and have have 2 lvl 80 characters and a lvl 65.

I dont think its wrong for people like me to benifit from these events more than others because we have worked harder and prepared.

I dont think its wrong for me to want to be rewarded for my support and hard work over people who just bought the game a week ago and now want all this high end content for free.

I bought over 2000 gems for this event with gold that I earned through legitimate means. Let me benifit form that please.

(edited by Moderator)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Im a little annoyed that all these people who didnt get the game on release or were too lazy to level up are expecting to have all these items handed to them at level 1.

What is wrong with Anet rewarding high level players with content when they have worked hard and supported the game from the beginning.

Iv supported this game from the beginning, I bought the art of guild wars 2 book when it was released YEARS ago.

I dont think its wrong for people like me to benifit from these events more than others because we have worked harder and prepared.

I dont think its wrong for me to want to be rewarded for my support and hard work over people who just bought the game a week ago and now want all this high end content for free.

I bought over 2000 gems for this event with gold that I earned through legitimate means. Let me benifit form that please.

Thats pretty selfish of you, and how the heck is this even “high end content”? There is nothing wrong with people who just bought the game being able to participate in events and buying gems should not entitle you to anything.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Im a little annoyed that all these people who didnt get the game on release or were too lazy to level up are expecting to have all these items haded to them at level 1.

I dont think its wrong for me to want to be rewarded for my support and hard work.

I don’t agree with level 1s coming in expected to have things handed to them, but players who aren’t level 80 (I’d range 15-50), might have a harder time than level 80s in obtaining things. Sure, those players may not have played as much as you, but love the game, and would like to be involved in what the event has to offer. Is it wrong for those players wanting to get some loot from the event? It’s a player friendly game, and all should be able to enjoy the same benefits. We don’t need a hierarchy of level 80 players with all the gear.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

The game is for everyone, not just people at max level. The entire game is the game, not just the highest level zones. That’s why content is so spread out.

You are wrong, and selfish for behaving the way you are.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

All im seeing when im reading your post is selfish, just because they didn’t get the game on release doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to participate in the halloween event. And no one is asking stuff to be handed to them at level 1, they’re are just simply asking if anet have content for all level characters. No one is being lazy to level up, the game has been out for about 2 months, new player are coming into the game everyday.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Wished you posted this in Wintersday so I could make a clever joke about you being visited by the spirtis of Wintersday past, present and future XD

Its always easier for the people that started earlier since we have more knowledge of terms and zones and of NPCs and it seems that candy will be “gathered” in regular zones… who do you think will have it easier? downscaled toons decked in exotics or upscaled toons with starter armor? who has WP and maps uncovered? I’m sure we will take more advantage of the holiday.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

Interesting, because you’re assuming other people with level 80 character(s) wouldn’t have a level 1 laying around somewhere. I think you’re a little bit entitled about all this; not everyone gets buy games on launch day for various reasons. It’s a great thing that you’re supporting the game on day 1, spend a great deal of time on it, and even bought gems, but I don’t think you should feel that you deserve special treatment over it. After all, nothing is going to be handed them on a silver platter; they still have to work for/towards it like the rest of us.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Orchrist.9507

Orchrist.9507

So what you’re saying is, you think that someone who has also payed for the game, whom you also have NO idea what level or how much they’ve played, does not deserve to participate in events and earn content by doing so. I don’t need to purchase gems to be any more deserving of content either. I think it’s fair that even if a player is new they should be able to earn rewards for putting in the effort during events.

You do realize you’re ridiculously selfish right?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

You HAVE been rewarded for getting in the game early and are benefiting from your hard work. You were able to buy 2,000 gems with in-game gold because you got in the game early and have been playing hardcore. You’ll be able to use those gems for any unique Halloween-specific items that appear in the gem store as well as for keys to unlock BLTC chests for unique skins. Someone who has been in the game for a week would not have such an advantage and would have to pay IRL moneiz to get those gems. And let’s not forget all those other rewards that you have access to due to your level/gametime (access to more content like the new mini-dungeon, dungeon tokens, world completion, exotic gear, greater progression towards legendaries, etc, etc).

Also, it’s pretty unfair to call those who don’t have a ton of level 80s “lazy.” Everyone has varying time constraints that may prevent them from playing as much as you. For example, I’ve been here since pre-launch, but work full-time. Playing most of my non-work waking hours, I’ve been able to score a level 80 (who just achieved 100% world completion), a level 27 and 4 level 1s who are still sitting in the tutorial. I’d hardly call my commitment to this game “lazy” or less than a hardcore player’s! And I’d like to experience the Halloween content on ALL my characters…not just my level 80!

Remember, this a casual-friendly game. One-time events like the Halloween event should be open to ALL players. Not just those who have been here since launch or who have more time to dump into the game than others. Nobody should be locked out of one-time events due to their level or time commitment. I’m glad ArenaNet agrees.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

I’m pretty sure high level players are the only ones with the means to craft level 80 exotics, so there is something that will be there to ‘reward’ level 80’s @Darth Danny. I’m pretty sure I heard it mentioned that there is an “exotic” level halloween food item as well. That also would be for level 80’s most likely.

However, the event itself should be open to everyone. Now people can stop bashing Darth, he wasn’t trying to say that low levels don’t belong in the festivities. He was just saying that there should be some tougher and rewarding level 80 content as well, for those who work hard in GW2 and have gotten their characters maxed. And I’m pretty sure there is :-)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

It will never cease to make me smile when people state that they have “worked hard” in a video game.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

Yeah, I didn’t know how to better word that. ‘played hard’ maybe? :-P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

@ Darth Danny

I don’t understand the mindset wherein you are suggesting purposely excluding other players from ANet’s festivals that have always been focused on widespread accessibility and having fun. If you choose to overlook humanitarianism, the majority of the event needs to be available to everyone simply from a practical business standpoint.

ANet’s answer says that they have “very good coverage over a good range of levels.” That doesn’t say that everyone has access to everything. Even if they do have access to every single thing, because you’ve prepared for it, you’re going to see more of a benefit. Hopefully you can enjoy yourself without those awful new players ruining it for you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

Well I’m level 80 and pre-ordered the game. I have friends who can’t play much and are sorts of levels. I’m glad they can participate with me in a group.

I don’t feel like im entitled to anything special.

It’s like saying I had my Halloween costume since last year since you just bought yours you can’t go trick or treating.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What about people like me?

I bought the Digital Deluxe version on the very first day pre-purchase was avaliable. I was online within an hour of the servers going live on the first day of the headstart and I play every evening and weekend I’m at home. But my highest level character is level 27.

Instead of focusing on leveling I’ve spoken to every named NPC in every major city and most of the ones in the explorables I’ve gotten to. I’ve done every jumping puzzle I’ve come across and spent a decent chunk of time making notes and taking screen shots for the wiki and done a lot of the hidden “quests” that have little/no reward.

Yes it’s my choice to level slowly but it’s a playstyle Anet actively encourages so I don’t see why I should be any less entitled to participate in events. I don’t think I’ve “worked” at this game any less than people with level 80’s. (Allowing for the fact that I’m out of the house 12 hours a day, 5 days a week for work, so my time is limited.)

I’m prepared for there to be some practical limitations – quests that require going to higher levelled areas or ones I haven’t gotten to yet. But I don’t see any reason they should specifically target festival content only at higher levelled players.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Halloween Event

Darth Danny.4032

I think you guys missunderstand what I’m saying.

What I want is for lvl 80 characters to have at LEAST one thing that only a lvl 80 can do.

Anet have said that there is NO new content in this new patch for just lvl 80’s

Even lower levels can raft the exotics to keep for later.

Give us something thats all. One thing that we get to do for getting our characters to lvl 80, thats not too much to ask I dont think.

I think that all events recipes ect should be open to all levels but give the lvl 80’s one thing to reward them for their effort.

Doesnt even have to be something good just a little cosmetic item for completing arah duuring halloween or something like that would have been nice.

Although I do see were a lot of you are coming from.

Don’t hate me lol, im not the mad king!

in Halloween Event

Helenorz.2547

I think you guys missunderstand what I’m saying.

What I want is for lvl 80 characters to have at LEAST one thing that only a lvl 80 can do.

Anet have said that there is NO new content in this new patch for just lvl 80’s

Even lower levels can raft the exotics to keep for later.

Give us something thats all. One thing that we get to do for getting our characters to lvl 80, thats not too much to ask I dont think.

I think that all events recipes ect should be open to all levels but give the lvl 80’s one thing to reward them for their effort.

Doesnt even have to be something good just a little cosmetic item for completing arah duuring halloween or something like that would have been nice.

Although I do see were a lot of you are coming from.

Don’t hate me lol, im not the mad king!

maybe it’s just me, but I honestly have no problem with it. After all, if our choice whether or not we want to get a character to level 80 in one go. Some people alternate between characters, they shouldn’t miss out because of play style.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

Most of my friends played in beta, and have had the game since the start. The great thing about GW, is with no monthly fee, you can play when you want. So I’m the only current 80 in my group of friends. I really don’t feel I deserve any extras just because I’ve played more on one character than the rest, and I love anet for realizing that just because someone hits an arbitrary number, they don’t have to have extra stuff thrown at them. Down scaling has removed the need for this, and I would be pretty sad if I couldn’t do these holiday events with my friends.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

I also prepurchased the game and took part in all the BWEs, yet my max level character is 50, because I play on multiple characters simultaneously + I have a job that takes lots of time.

I don’t see how it is fair that I should be punished for this. GW2 is supposed to be an accessible game without the progression/exclusive content elements and this is the reason why I bough it in the first place.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ozymandias.5317

ozymandias.5317

@Darth Danny, I think the issue most people have with what your requesting is that you assume that being level 80 is the only indication that you’ve invested time in the game, which isn’t necessarily the case. Just as a personal anecdote, I also have been playing since the first few minutes of head start release, played in several of the beta weekends, contributing to bug reports, etc. I have purchased gems with RMT and in-game gold both, but I do not yet have a level 80 character, nor even any over level 50. What I do have are 5 characters in the level 35-45 range, as I am playing them as a krewe and trying to keep them within a relatively close level range. This does not mean that I have played any less than you or contributed to the game or to the company any less than you, and yet you feel that I am not entitled to the same things that you are. Granted, it was by choice that I have not played any character exclusively to reach level 80, but it is possible that I have put in more game time overall, and it would be appreciated that all of my characters are able to participate in the festivities.

Wouldn’t you agree?

http://trikktheasura.wordpress.com
or follow me on twitter @trikktheasura
Trikke <Sorrows Children> [SRRW] — Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Helenorz.2547

@Ozymandias

agreed~ no one should miss out on something simply because they play differently than other people, or have other obligations.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elissa.3620

Elissa.3620

@ozymandias I completely agree! I have done pretty much as you have on all counts, but instead of 5 characters, I have 10. My highest just hit 35 yesterday, but the rest are all 20 and under. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I’d prefer there’s more 80 stuff myself. Orr areas were very bugged at launch in that area. Never even got the proper reward out of the final gift. Waypoint costs are crazy so people just Orr farm. We’re rather neglected.

But I guess I see that a lot of people didn’t appreciate the story and didn’t play through at all and want stuff on holidays too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redviper.2706

Redviper.2706

I understand what Darth Danny is saying,, even though it seemed he was whining and acting selfish.. He’s got 2 level 80’s and a level 65,, wow, thats pretty amazing.. It also shows he doesn’t get out much…

I haven’t had time to play much since release.. Being in a relationship, working full time, and basically having a life other than playing video games is the reason.. But now that it’s fall, and Halloween is right around the corner, I’ve started to make time for GW2 last night.. I want to be part of this exclusive GW2 1st time one of a kind Halloween event. And I understand I’ll need to get some levels under my belt first…

In WoW, I believe you had to be at least level 80 to fight the Headless Horseman? Well, u can get to level 80 in like 3 days now, lol. Anyway, back to my point regarding Darth Danny’s QQ… I think it’s good to have this event open to everyone, but I believe the rewards given should be based on your level.. Same with the rarity of the items.. The higher levels should probably be able to get the tastier rarer rewards.. I do agree with that.. They put a lot of time and effort to reach max level.. Someone like me starting out shouldnt have the same chance to get something really rare as someone who’s been playing a lot longer than me.. But,, I’d still like to have the opportunity to at least participate in the event and perhaps get some good exp and maybe a trinket or two…

Just my 2c…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

You can rush to 80 in a week, or you can take your time and level slowly, like me.
Doesn’t mean lvl 80s need to be privileged, even if it’s only with 1 item.

It’s not fair to do these things with situational events.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Based on the preview video released by PCGamer, the vendor-bought recipes seem to be account-Bound, and are purchased with karma. This means that even if your crafting isn’t high enough, you can at least get them along with the required materials and then make the item when your skill is high enough.

Obviously this wont apply to discovery-learned recipes, but there may not be any of those.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Notrub.6925

Notrub.6925

Noviere.7309
Based on the preview video released by PCGamer, the vendor-bought recipes seem to be account-Bound, and are purchased with karma. This means that even if your crafting isn’t high enough, you can at least get them along with the required materials and then make the item when your skill is high enough.
Obviously this wont apply to discovery-learned recipes, but there may not be any of those.

They said on Twitch that you will still be able to craft the stuff. What is going away after the event is the special things that can be harvested that you need for the crafting.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: moonjo.9831

moonjo.9831

We don’t need that kind of elitist attitude in GW2.

in Halloween Event

Darth Danny.4032

We don’t need that kind of elitist attitude in GW2.

How is it elitist, im asking for one event or item that is awarded to endgame characters. They did it in GW1 with the halloween event and they did it in WoW.

Who are you to decide what we need and do not need in this game?

All I offered was an opinion and im getting attacked “selfish” “elitist”.

What is so wrong with ONE thing for us end game characters, nobody complained in GW1 and it worked great!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alizure.1976

Alizure.1976

@DarthDanny. I agree with the others.. it was a selfish thing to say. most people have jobs and other things to do with their time and money than spend it on a game.But hey.. to each their own. WOW.. yeah full of elitist kittenes…. and we all know the type. had the best of the best…. which theres nothing wrong with that at all. But.. alot of those elitist people in wow… treated the lower lvl people like crap! which was wrong. and I am soooo glad GW2 isnt like that. dont be hateful to lower lvl people because they can do the same thing you can to… to me its a GOOD thing everyone can do as they like. that way its fair… and nobody gets to be an elitist kitten. why… because GW2 is SKILL based instead of gear based.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

And then GW1 was brought into the conversation. Oh boy, here we go. I played GW1, alot. If I remember correctly, at the end of each event they had mask/hats/tonics as a symbol that you participated in an event on the last day at the time specified. Items in the world dropped the same for lvl 1’s as well as lvl 20’s. You could complete quest for presents most events and didn’t have to be at level cap.

WoW, is another story. I can’t really remember but I think it was different level groups for the headless horse dude to get different things. I remember a mount and a stave of the top of my head though.

Anyhow, I personally don’t believe anyone should be left out of the event if they participate, however if you’re not there then it’s a no show no go thing for me.

in Halloween Event

Darth Danny.4032

“If I remember correctly, at the end of each event they had mask/hats/tonics as a symbol that you participated in an event on the last day at the time specified. Items in the world dropped the same for lvl 1’s as well as lvl 20’s. You could complete quest for presents most events and didn’t have to be at level cap.”

I’m afraid you dont remember correctly, in GW1 there was a set of quest chaisn that was only available to high end characters, they are even doing it again this year in GW1 but they have made it easier since there arnt as many people online.

Here is the source:

“Firstly, the quests that aren’t taking place in the Underworld can now be played independently from each other, without the need to chain them. Secondly, the Master difficult quest “Don’t Fear the Reapers” now gets a resurrection shrines to give you a little bit of room to defeat Grenth’s servants."

So there was master events for end game characters! Nothing was wrong then, and nothing is wrong with that now!

It seems there is a community of players in GW2 that want everything given to them easily and resent players who work hard and efficiently to get to a high level.

Im seeing posts all over these forums asking for guides for these events and crafting recipes for the items because they are too lazy to discover them themselves.

This kind of attitude is awful.

All I want is content for all players to participate in from lvl 1-80 but also master level quests/events for high end players to reward them for their effort.

And just to defend myself since everyone seems to think that I spend 12 hours a day on this game. I work part time as a child care provider and am currently doing a computing degree from home and spend my nights on GW2 instead of sleeping lol.

I have two level 80’s and a lvl 65 because I read the wiki and reddit and spend my time discovering content and actually PLAYING THE GAME instead of waiting for things to fall into my lap. Geez just get Anet devs to play the game for you!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Im a little annoyed that all these people who didnt get the game on release or were too lazy to level up are expecting to have all these items handed to them at level 1….

I have two level 50+ characters. Is that enough “hard work” for you?

in Halloween Event

Darth Danny.4032

Im a little annoyed that all these people who didnt get the game on release or were too lazy to level up are expecting to have all these items handed to them at level 1….

I have two level 50+ characters. Is that enough “hard work” for you?

Sure of course it is, I have no idea how you play the game.

My argument is there are players on these forums who dont want to do ANYTHING for these event items. There was post over post asking for a guide on the wiki for the recipes for wepaons!

Are you kidding me! This game is about discovery and these people cant be bothered to put the work in. I dont care if your lvl 1 or lvl 80 as long as your willing to PLAY THE GAME to get the items instead of just wanting to get them for showing up!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kirahh.6157

Kirahh.6157

:/ I got the game on release, and even pre-ordered it the day it was released for pre-order, and I still do not have a level 80. I just hit 40 today. I’m in college, and I just haven’t had much time. That does not make me lazy, or wanting things handed to me. I may cause a rage for saying this, but if I wanted something handed to me, I’d go play WoW. Just because I want to participate in an event, does not mean I want something handed to me. Just means I want to be able to be included in the fun activities even though I’m not max level. I don’t see what the big deal is. If I participate and ‘work hard’ in a Holiday Event, why can’t I get rewarded for it? Instead of it being assumed I just got handed something.

in Halloween Event

Darth Danny.4032

:/ I got the game on release, and even pre-ordered it the day it was released for pre-order, and I still do not have a level 80. I just hit 40 today. I’m in college, and I just haven’t had much time. That does not make me lazy, or wanting things handed to me. I may cause a rage for saying this, but if I wanted something handed to me, I’d go play WoW. Just because I want to participate in an event, does not mean I want something handed to me. Just means I want to be able to be included in the fun activities even though I’m not max level. I don’t see what the big deal is. If I participate and ‘work hard’ in a Holiday Event, why can’t I get rewarded for it? Instead of it being assumed I just got handed something.

Ok please read my post directly above yours, iv clarified this three times now.
Im NOT saying pre lvl 80’s should get nothing im saying lvl 80’s should get an event or something like that which is unique.

Secondly, I didnt say those who arnt lvl 80 arnt working hard. I said ther are players who DONT work hard and DO want it handed to them.

Do you honestly beleive these players dont exist and abundance? I see them all the time!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

They’re releasing new content for you players that pushed to 80. New dungeons, events, that sorta stuff.

Halloween’s for everyone. Especially since it’s a limited time only. Everything else is for you guys at 80.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kirahh.6157

Kirahh.6157

I’m not saying they don’t exist. Because, you’re going to find those types of players in any MMO. Why are you so surprised to find them in Guild Wars 2? Or to see them on the forums; I’ve played several mmo’s that had players wanting things just given to them. Yes, it’s annoying… especially the ones that are just asking for things and never even trying.

But some times, people just don’t have a whole lot of time to play and would like to be able to participate in events even for a little, and may need help because they feel they’ll miss out because of their schedules. And that is some-what understandable.

I see your point about being level 80 and wanting an event for just level 80s, and maybe they could do something like that. I don’t see the hurt in that.

If they do, I hope I’m level 80 by then, but I’m slow, soo.. lol.

I’m sure if you tell ArenaNet this and a lot of people ask for it, they could do something in the future. They seem to listen to their customers.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Theta Zero.9023

Theta Zero.9023

This game has been out for what, two months?

That is not enough time to expect the “majority of players” to be anywhere near max level. “Exclusive content” therefore should be targeted at those players around the average level, which I would anticipate to be around 30 or 40.

If you really want to bring Level Elitism into this.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alizure.1976

Alizure.1976

seems there is just one person thats got a problem with the anti elitism of GW2. Seems to me they are just getting pissy…. because its NOT like wow and countless other games. Eh.. let them be pissy. games are supposed to be fun.. not work. But hey.. if the game gets on someones nerves that bad.. and if the players get on their nerves that bad where they gotta get pissy in forums… then hey.. no one is holding a gun to their head making them play… maybe they should play something else to give their nerves time to settle down.. at this rate they gonna have a heart attack or something

(edited by Alizure.1976)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I can see where you’re coming from, Darth Danny, but remember that by the time these [Master] quests were introduced for GW1 Halloween, the game had already been out for FIVE years. That’s plenty of time for players to have leveled a character to 20 (and more than likely multiple characters), completed all the campaigns and probably got a good deal of high-level equipment and skins to boot. And even then, the Master Halloween quests didn’t offer anything in terms of extra rewards other than XP and additional ToT bags.

GW2 has been out less than 2 months at this time. It’s safe to assume that the vast majority of players do not have a level 80 character, and may not even have really ventured past the starting areas if they’re serious altoholics and have multiple characters on the go at once. I’m all for including “high-level content”, but it should be on the level of WvW or Keg Brawl where you can still participate in a meaningful (and fun!) way regardless of how you’ve chosen to play the game so far.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

@Darth Danny
Worked hard in a video game? A video game shouldn’t be ‘work’. Try getting a meaningful degree, or a 50 hour a week job – then tell me you work hard. Having the time to play a video game 6 hours a day is not working hard, I’ve had the game since release and only reached 39, should I not participate in a holiday event, because I have to manage my time differently to someone who may not have responsibility or who has the power to sit and play a video game all day? I would love to spend all my time playing a game. But sadly, for most of us in the real world – that is impossible.

Blue… My name is a colour.