Would it be cheaper spending $70 to get the greatsaw?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Logan.2706

Logan.2706

Spent about $30 trying to get a skin (specifically a greatsaw).
No luck so far, and I have about $10 left in gems. I am wondering if it would be best to just purchase $60 more worth to convert to gems, to then buy the greatsaw skin. I also tried the mad king chests and got candy corn.

Do you guys think the price will go down later in the event? Or would it be best to bite the bullet and get it now?

Seeing this whole thing unfold the way it is makes me wonder how many people are actually buying gold from those farmers just to get a shot at a skin. Not that I would ever resort to such measures.

- Zangetsu -Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

I think this skin might drop a bit more. It fell from 40g to 30g within the last day or so (last time I checked) so hopefully it will trend downwards. If it continues to drop up until the 30th or 31st then snag it before the end of the event when there stops being more added to the market.

Just my suggestion, but I’m far from rich and knowledgeable about the economy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tangleknot.8605

Tangleknot.8605

^Yeah and gem prices keep going up! Convert gems to gold this weekend while the prices are high and wait until after the weekend to get a better deal on your skin. Most rare skins are 20g on the TP now and thier prices are steadly dropping.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tangleknot.8605

Tangleknot.8605

BTW if you have time to farm events for ~6 hours you should easily be able to buy that skin and save $60.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Spent about $30 trying to get a skin (specifically a greatsaw).
No luck so far, and I have about $10 left in gems. I am wondering if it would be best to just purchase $60 more worth to convert to gems, to then buy the greatsaw skin. I also tried the mad king chests and got candy corn.

Do you guys think the price will go down later in the event? Or would it be best to bite the bullet and get it now?

Seeing this whole thing unfold the way it is makes me wonder how many people are actually buying gold from those farmers just to get a shot at a skin. Not that I would ever resort to such measures.

Personally, if you want it now, buy Gems convert to Gold and buy it. If you can wait, it is possible that the Gem>Gold conv rate will go up and the price of the Greatsaw will go down and you may only spend $20 or so.

To do it via gambling is the worst way atm. You may get shoulderpads, or other non Chainsaw items, or nothing at all. Those odds may change due to all the angry customers.

BTW: the chainsaw is only cool now because noone has it. In a few weeks they will become fairly common amongst the rich people. So this is oneof the times when sooner is better.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Even the best gold famers with the best gold/magic farming gear would have a hard time getting 30 gold in 6 hours.

For someone new to gold farming without great gear they are lucky to get 1gold per hour. I don’t know about you but 30 hours farming for gold sounds awful compared to putting in 1-2 extra hours of RL work in and just buying the thing as he suggested.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wyrdthane.6801

Wyrdthane.6801

If you buy the greatsword from the TP you have a 99.99999% chance it will be cheaper.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Sad thing is buying gold for $15 at a gold selling website is easiest way to get the sword.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GrimShade.8091

GrimShade.8091

we only have part 1 of the halloween event active. We also have another week of the event. Wait until Nov 1st and but it with gold then.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

I have to agree, until the event is over prices will drop. Once the event is over and no more are being added to the market, prices will sky rocket again. I’d suggest trying to buy before the end of the week… and watch the prices carefully. Certain times of day even can change the price of things quite a bit.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Okay dude just gonna say this. We are almost about to hit the 4th day of this event and it lasts for another 6-7 days more than likely the price for that skin and the others will drop a lot more as the days progress. Do the smart thing and wait.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

If you want to go money wise 70$ is the way.

Really , after listening to so many saying how bad the RNG is , why you even consider using it …

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

NO! buy now BUY IT NOW!! I need to feed my kids! College is expensive! My Norn is homeless, she can always use more gold!

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Halloween Event

Nox Aeterna.2965

BTW if you have time to farm events for ~6 hours you should easily be able to buy that skin and save $60.

Teach me master … how you farm 30/40 g in 6 hrs. cause i for sure take longer than that while i farm events running full MF gear and in 5 mans parties.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I’ve been playing for upwards of 300 hours, and haven’t even seen 3g, yet. Course, that’s because I spend what little silver I get buying stuff I need.. but I think even if I’d saved every copper I’d ever gotten, I’d only have maybe 10-15g.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I didn’t get any of the skins until I used those gem items to make Mad King Chests. They have significantly higher odds.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoseRIP.8502

RoseRIP.8502

Wouldn’t the price of the Chainsaw skin go up after the event ends since the chests will stop dropping the Halloween event skins?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

Depends on whether demand remains the same, Rose.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I do not think the prices on the Greatsaw is going to drop.

It will only get more expensive after Halloween is over as it is a NICE model for any tech looking greatsword user.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Well a lot of people didn’t desist, reconverting the money wasted for BLC for a 2nd Mad king attempt (with exact same drop rate lol). So if you wait, next days the TP will be filledmost keep opening just to sell in a hurry. 1 silver less. And less, and less. At the end, you should find your weapon for cheap, before the event is finish. After halloween, depends. Probably it will be more expensive. So wait the last 2 days of phase 4

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Demand+Supply = Increase/Decrease Price.

The ones who willing to buy this, there’ll be 3 groups of people:

1. Players who buy it earlier fearing the price will rise up. (Failed because the price dropped by half.)

2. Players who buy it at the middle of the event, because they anticipate players will buy it near end of event – thus the price increases few days before end of the event.

3. Players who buy it near the end of the event, because they know the price of the greatsaw will increase gradually after event since it’s a timed-event.

It’s the same in business and stocks, the minority group will get the best gain or profit.
I won’t give an answer because everyone will follow, but I gave hints above.

:)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Prices depend ENTIRELY on what ANet does for the rest of the event. They could easily drive the price up or down, depending on whether they add more ways to get it, or more alternatives to it. Makes speculation kinda pointless. It’s all just guessing, and could go either way, unless a dev comes here and gives us a clue

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

True, if ANet caves in and starts handing these skins out like candy corn, it will be a wasted 35 gold (since I bought 3 skins).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The static picture of the chain greatsword looks ok. Watch it in use, it’s simply amazing. I’d say just buy it outright, if you’re one who does stuff like that.

On the other hand, will you still have fun playing the game if you already have the best weapon-skin ever?

in Halloween Event

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly people , this skin is worth around 30g while the event is on , while more and more are being added to the TP.

While this event is over , you cant craft. It is limited stock , like a collector edition, the prices will go up and up.

Some people will always want it , even if few , and there wont be more produced.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I agree with Nox Aeterna.

If people plan to buy, it’s best to buy during halloween period itself.

Every exclusive items will remain exclusive. They written it in the event page too. I doubt it would even be released during next year halloween because it’s supposed to be exclusive. The possibility of making those weapons skins like candy corn is 0%. The devs knows that if they made that scenario happen, they betray those people who spent hundreds on BLC or gems to gold.

Hint/Tips specially only for those who read this topic : The supply in TP was made by people who spam BLC. If more and more players know that the TP skin is much worth than BLC, lesser people will spam BLC. Less people spam equals to less supply and price inflation.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’ve noticed the price rising, but at the same time the weekend begins tommorow so all the working players with disposable income from their jobs but can only play at the weekend will be on, and no doubt a fair few of those will buy BLC’s so I expect to see another drop in price.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast