Yaks Bend is unable to attain Mad Memoires XI

in Halloween Event

Posted by: grandpab.9726

grandpab.9726

People on Yaks Bend can’t complete the Mad Memoires book because we can’t get the 11th book. Looking at pictures from the guides it appears that our suspicious location is at a different spot, and the NPC isn’t spawning.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I don’t remember by heart, is that the one near the bridge in Harathi Hinterlands? The suspicious spot is at the bridge and it requires Corporeal Scan, not Aquaous, like guides suggest. Then you need Aquaous Scan to find water buckets to remove the flames.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Halloween Event

grandpab.9726

you need Aquaous Scan to find water buckets to remove the flames.

There’s not any flames either.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

I got it done last nite. The flames don’t look like normal flames, just a circle of blue around the area, but does some crazy dmg.

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Halloween Event

grandpab.9726

I got it done last nite. The flames don’t look like normal flames, just a circle of blue around the area, but does some crazy dmg.

Go there right now and you’ll see the 50 people standing around trying to get it done. There’s no flames of any kind.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

We get the suspicious location on the bridge, inspect it, and nothing else happens.

in Halloween Event

Lillith.5724

It’s not actually on the bridge but right before it, in the clearing. Portia walks over to it. Either it’s gotten buggy, but I had no problem with it last nite. Weird.

Yak’s Bend Server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

Ah. Well at the moment the suspicious location is appearing on top of one of the end pillars of the bridge and when inspected, nothing happens that we can see. Either the ghost isn’t spawning at all or it is appearing in the geometry of the world or something. People have been here for an hour already trying.

We’ve even forced the nearby bugged event ‘Defend the skritt thieves while they steal harpy eggs’ to fail because the matriarch is dead and gone but her health bar still shows at 30% and the event doesn’t complete on its own. We thought that broken event may be preventing the halloween one from working properly. It did not help though.

in Halloween Event

Lillith.5724

That’s terrible and I’m sorry you guys can’t do it. I sure hope ANET fixes it because I’d sure like to get this done on my alt.

Yak’s Bend Server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PatrynRue.9483

PatrynRue.9483

I was there too, tons of people doing scans, clicking on the ‘suspicious spot’ and nothing happening. We tried the entire bridge and both sides all around. The event does not trigger.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This must have happened with one of the mini patches then, I did it yesterday morning (before the two ‘new build’ interruptions) without a problem, obtained the book and everything. And I am on Yak’s Bend.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LULU.3069

LULU.3069

I did this about 3 hours ago with no problem whatsover, then I switched to my alt to do it as well…it’s bugged. How did it happen? We do not know. Right this moment I see a group of about 60 people just standing here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phaze Delta One.2834

Phaze Delta One.2834

I think it’s bugged. I’m on Yak’s Bend as well and I had to log off/log back in 5 different times before I was able to get part XI.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I think it’s bugged. I’m on Yak’s Bend as well and I had to log off/log back in 5 different times before I was able to get part XI.

Wait, how does this help? I mean it seems to be a server issue, but i dont understand how logging off and back on will fix it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TakeAChance.7186

TakeAChance.7186

I got it done on Yaks this morning. Suspicious location was on top of the bridge to the right, ghost chick ran, fire went everywhere..etc.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I did it yesterday, but i just went there and it is not working. Go check it for yourself.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phaze Delta One.2834

Phaze Delta One.2834

Wait, how does this help? I mean it seems to be a server issue, but i dont understand how logging off and back on will fix it.

idk either. but on the 5th log in I was able to get it. ALso, the ghost is a bit further back than what is shown in the pic on the wiki. look a little ways back towards the cliffs edge.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I think somebody must have somehow hit the NPC with an ability or something that screwed up the quest. Back in beta there were several NPCs that could be forced to move, and if you did so successfully, the events and such for them became unresponsive.

in Halloween Event

grandpab.9726

Will we still be able to get the Act 2 book after Act 3 starts?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CrisLander.1936

CrisLander.1936

+1 on the bugged Memoires 9 in Yak’s bend.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gabroni.2058

Gabroni.2058

Ditto. Yak’s Bend event is stuck.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MysticChic.3502

MysticChic.3502

Still bugged as of 10/27 6:25 pm EDT. I submitted a detailed /bug report on it. Maybe when they get a stack of them they’ll do something about it. One can hope.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CrisLander.1936

CrisLander.1936

It is fixed as of now!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DonFoe.9604

DonFoe.9604

confirmed, as of 7:40 pm cst its fixed