Can you make Logan cooler

in Human

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Humans more memorable than Logan: Meerak the Shouter, Seymon, Simon, Watchman Rebec, The guy who talks about his pregnant wife in the Hunting Lodge.

Something about that statement keeps getting it deleted.

I am being respectful AND constructive because I want to help you make make him a better character.

:)))))

also you are all pumas, and cheetahs and some of you I bet are jaguars.

Why are you jaguars?

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

(edited by Omar Aschi Popp.7496)

in Human

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

“also you are all pumas, and cheetahs and some of you I bet are jaguars.
Why are you jaguars”?

Huh? Something was lost in the translation.

in Human

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

A character should be themselves. A character should not be what someone wants them to be.

Also I have never even heard of any of the names you mentioned as supposed “cool” characters. Says something about the validity of “coolness” as a measure of a character’s meaningfulness.

in Human

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Why are you jaguars”?

according to ur signature u r a charr , or u r refering to insults beeing replaced with kitten

if u r a charr, he means u, why r u a charr?

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Human

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

So…like give him sunglasses or something?

in Human

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

So…like give him sunglasses or something?

He needs to never be not smoking. All the hip dudes know that’s how to become instantly cool.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Human

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I like that guy that talks about his wife in the hunting lodge!

i suggest making him wear sunglasses only at night.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Human

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Why are you jaguars”?

according to ur signature u r a charr , or u r refering to insults beeing replaced with kitten

if u r a charr, he means u, why r u a charr?

Actually neither. My signature, for me, has nothing to do with Charr, insults or even actual kittens. It’s a reminder to myself that both action and inaction has consequences, often completely unintended. That small situations/problems become large ones if not fixed. I also use it to remind myself to think twice before I post. To consider where something I said might lead that I didn’t mean.

As to his post, your explanation doesn’t fit. Why would he be talking about Logan being more cool and then throw in an obscure comment about Charr?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Human

Posted by: Jinn Kazuma.2163

Jinn Kazuma.2163

Logan is plenty cool. Just check out this outtake clip of him taking candy from a child. (The fun starts at about 0:19)

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/guild-wars-2-voiceover

in Human

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The only way to make Logan cooler is to refrigerate him. That ship has sailed.

in Human

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

He saw this thread and Ran away. Good Job

in Human

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

+1

lol He reminds me of Simon Belmont in the Captain N series. Anyone remember that show?

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

in Human

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Its difficult making good characters. See how much flack even Bioware gets sometimes. Ouch!

in Human

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Humans more memorable than Logan: Meerak the Shouter, Seymon, Simon, Watchman Rebec, The guy who talks about his pregnant wife in the Hunting Lodge.

Sorry but I don’t know any of those names, and I’ve been around for quite a while.
Also Meerak the Shouter? Almost sounds like a skyrim easter egg (Miraak, which is a dragonborn who uses shouts).

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Human

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I quite like him, a solid character despite the sliiightly over referenced (by players) running away joke, he portrays his role of Seraph captain well in the PS and he’s never gimmicky or annoying. I hope he makes a cameo appearance again in this living story, like .. coming in with the Seraph reinforcements from Fort Salma!

There’s just something about the Seraph in general that I really like, I really enjoyed it when the storyline took us near Divinity’s Reach and they made an appearance in the Kessex Hills episode from S1, and again at the start of the Dry Top S2. :-D

in Human

Posted by: Loxorz.6847

Loxorz.6847

Also Meerak the Shouter? Almost sounds like a skyrim easter egg (Miraak, which is a dragonborn who uses shouts).

Meerak the Shouter was the guy in GW1 Post-Searing Ascalon who called out lines from the Flameseeker Prophecies in one of the outposts. He was also in Pre-Searing, as a monk or something in Ashford Abbey, but didn’t say anything interesting as far as I remember.

in Human

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Meerak the Shouter was the guy in GW1 Post-Searing Ascalon who called out lines from the Flameseeker Prophecies in one of the outposts. He was also in Pre-Searing, as a monk or something in Ashford Abbey, but didn’t say anything interesting as far as I remember.

Ah I see. I thought the OP was talking about GW2 characters.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Human

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Logan is plenty cool. Just check out this outtake clip of him taking candy from a child. (The fun starts at about 0:19)

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/guild-wars-2-voiceover

Okay I gotta admit that was funny.

Also the post wasn’t about Logan being cooler in terms of what Olba is saying… It was a series of similar comments about the Iconics/biconics/bionicles that kept getting Stasi 2.0’d.

Logan himself isn’t terrible, but Destiny’s Edge as a whole just isn’t that fantastic… And Windu, the fact that I can remember the full name of a worthless npc with 3 lines of dialogue from 2009, but can’t remember half of the people in GW2, a game I [will be playing as soon as I get off here] is kinda my point.

These are disposable characters.
Totally off-topic, but I find TV today to be the same…

Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

in Human

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Just let him wear his old medium armor and give him a “I dont care anymore” attitude, this would be already enough.

in Human

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Meerak was an annoying preacher.

Speaking as if he was better than others…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Human

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Meerak was an annoying preacher.

Speaking as if he was better than others…

That may be, but at least I remember him and think “I wonder what that guy is preching in UW now…”

What I don’t think is “I wonder how Logan, my boss and buddy, is doing”

Also, Meerak was right about EVERYTHING.

Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

in Human

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Meerak wasn’t cool. He was crazy.

Also, unless you are in the Seraph, Logan isn’t your boss. :P

in Human

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’ve got this one guys.

Attachments:

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Human

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

He could be easily customized to look like Bigby from “The Wolf Among Us”.

Though smoking is probably “no no” for 12 rating.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Human

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I’ve got this one guys.

Now he’ll finally give it to Jennah, right.

in Human

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Logan is plenty cool. This weird ‘’He ran away’’ comments confuses me since he ran away from one battle to another to save the Queen. He didn’t run away because he was scared.

Logan is pretty much the more interesting character of Destiny’s Edge, him and Rytlock, the rest are meh.

in Human

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Logan is plenty cool. This weird ‘’He ran away’’ comments confuses me since he ran away from one battle to another to save the Queen. He didn’t run away because he was scared.

Logan is pretty much the more interesting character of Destiny’s Edge, him and Rytlock, the rest are meh.

Logan ran away from the wrong fight at the wrong time and the single incident became a reputation and that reputation stuck.

Now, only humans and Caithe take him seriously.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Human

Kalavier.1097

Logan pretty much didn’t run away. He was faced with two choices, BOTH having very bad results linked to them for sure.

He simply picked one.

in Human

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

Are you kidding?

Logan has got to be my favourite character. I think his character has a lot of depth, particularly concerning the Queen.

Plus I find him a little attractive for a fictional character :x

Yeah…..

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

in Human

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

+1

lol He reminds me of Simon Belmont in the Captain N series. Anyone remember that show?

Character as- . . . murder . . . has never been so bad as that show was on the characters. Except maybe Link.

Actually, you know who he reminds me of more? Agent Lincoln Lee. (No, the other one.) Real interesting character, and everyone thinks he’s useless.

But I agree. Logan needs to be, like, 20% cooler.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Human

Posted by: Vogue.6305

Vogue.6305

Lord, I hate Logan.

When he abandons the party in TA story, I want caithe to kittenslap him back to Divinity’s Reach. Like, we didn’t need you anyway. All you do is run in and die in the first 5 seconds. /hairflip

in Human

Kalavier.1097

Lord, I hate Logan.

When he abandons the party in TA story, I want caithe to kittenslap him back to Divinity’s Reach. Like, we didn’t need you anyway. All you do is run in and die in the first 5 seconds. /hairflip

What about Rytlock storming out there?

Besides, that time he kinda had a point, Shortly after Rytlock goes after him for ‘running away’, suddenly Caithe turns and kinda does it too. AFTER asking him and Rytlock to come. He was probably already in a bad mood from Rytlock and that dumped on him makes it worse.

Of course, I’m not putting it past Faolin that she may have used her mesmer abilities to make Logan and Rytlock madder then normal.

in Human

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

We all know the sole point for Logan’s presence is to have a big, offscreen interracial romance plot with Rytlock.

in Human

Vogue.6305

Lord, I hate Logan.

What about Rytlock storming out there?

Besides, that time he kinda had a point, Shortly after Rytlock goes after him for ‘running away’, suddenly Caithe turns and kinda does it too. AFTER asking him and Rytlock to come. He was probably already in a bad mood from Rytlock and that dumped on him makes it worse.

Of course, I’m not putting it past Faolin that she may have used her mesmer abilities to make Logan and Rytlock madder then normal.

Logan is just soooooooo obnoxious though. He acts so childish sometimes and gets offended so easily. He literally seems like he’s on his man period everytime he’s around other Destiny’s Edge characters. But really, he’s captain of the Seraph and fails to remain level headed when his peers call him out on his mistakes. Like realllllly? Imagine being a solider under him. Loses his cool whenever he’s criticized. gg.

Maybe some of it’s that he’s Gwen’s lineage. And I know that ancestry has no effect on personality, but it’s so hard to imagine that he descended from someone who was so strong-willed, determined, mature, and had a firm grasp on what was best for her people. Like, Logan struggles to get along with Rytlock because he called him out for being a whiny kitten who’s way too attached to Jennah’s bed. Gwen on the other hand, begrudgingly, put aside her differences with a Charr. Charr, who had terrorized her since she was a little girl, captured and tortured her, and then eventually tried to kill her for their own enjoyment— all for the greater good. Logan is legit the Drake of GW.

On another note, the homie sucks as an NPC companion. he dies so fast and I still have to address him as captain? lolwut?

in Human

Kalavier.1097

Gwen only put aside her differences because the player character basically stood between her and Pyre, and Pyre held the only way of saving her fellow soldiers.

Logan, I’d say it’s he’s tried moving on. But instead everybody else has to cling to the past and drag him down for a VERY BAD DECISION, which either way he picked would’ve resulted in death and destruction.

Instead of “Oh… hey.” it’s “UGH, Going to run away again?!?!”

If that’s all you EVER head, would you really be enticed to be happy at seeing your old co-workers again or being around them?

in Human

Anmida.4058

It -is- an acceptable point. Sure, Logan is quite possibly the most pointless person to have around even through human storyline, but the rest of Destiny’s Edge doesn’t exactly shine for their maturity. Caithe is generally regarded as the sole sane person, and yet even she has her own moments through the Sylvari personal story where she simply acts like a paranoid nuts.
It is extremely amusing from the Snaff Savant’s perspective in the gathering at Lion’s Arch. That scene is so totally made from a Human main character perspective alone, because when you first speak with Zojja she is perfectly formal and, while doubting the gathering, she sort of has her things straight.
Then Logan and Eir speak and she automatically goes YOU KILLED SNAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFF!!!!1111!!!

Ah, Destiny’s Edge… you drama-ridden teenagers.

in Human

Vogue.6305

We all know the sole point for Logan’s presence is to have a big, offscreen interracial romance plot with Rytlock.

do you think rytlock and logan will end up being the cynn and mhenlo of the group? Eventually falling for each other and rytlock killing anything that looks at logan funny. Well, except mhenlo was actually a hottie.

in Human

Anmida.4058

do you think rytlock and logan will end up being the cynn and mhenlo of the group? Eventually falling for each other and rytlock killing anything that looks at logan funny. Well, except mhenlo was actually a hottie.

Never lose hope. Caithe will get around to it.

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: Erik the Dauntless.4063

Erik the Dauntless.4063

@Anmida, i nearly broke a rib, laughing at that pic!

in Human

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

Logan does actually need to be “cooler” if one takes the meaning that his role and ancestry should inform the way he should be portrayed. This would include but not limited to:

- the acknowledgement that being a Thackeray means that his true allegiance is to Human Ascalon , to Ebonhawke and the Ebon Vanguard.

-that he is NOT Krytan

-Arenanet should retrofit his back story to reveal that either through Gwen or Kieran or both – that he is in fact of noble birth and is in fact a Lord in Ascalon.

-This would also mean that he automatically sees himself as a leader of his people and a peer to Wade Samuelsson – who should actually see himself as a Lord also.

Indeed both men should see themselves as charged with protecting and promoting the cause of Humanity in Ascalon. These changes will finally give us two human men that are seen to be hold a high rank within the machinery of the government of humanity in Tyria.

Since at the moment there is not a leading male figure that can be respect and be seen to be putting the interest of the many ahead of their own personal gain.

in Human

Kalavier.1097

A: Being on a family doesn’t force your allegiance to anything.
B: He never said he was Krytan.
C: Why would he be noble/ Gwen obviously and explicitly wasn’t Noble in GW1, and Kieran didn’t seem that way either.
D: Why would he be accepted out of the blue as a “Lord of Ebonhawke”, much less a leader of the city.

in Human

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

Arenanet owns the IP and if they wanted to make the Thackeray family and Logan relevant and still true to the Lore of GW2 these ‘upgrades’ to his and his family’s back-story would be helpful.

It would allow them put Logan into one of the leading roles in the current “Living Story” – story arcs. In so doing Logan will indeed be “cooler”.