Ebonhawke

Ebonhawke

in Human

Posted by: MaxTNT.3154

MaxTNT.3154

So I recently realized that Ebonhawke is not inside the territory of the Krytan Kingdom. Which would mean that it would not fall under the rule of Queen Jenna, right?

Isn’t Ebonhawke part of the Ascalonian Kingdom? and now that it’s basically the only major Human settlement in Ascalon, would that make it the de-facto capital? And what about its leadership? Of course there is the Ebon Vanguard, but they would serve a similar purpose like the Seraph; military, police, etc…

Ebonhawke has an Asura Gate linked to Divinity’s Reach and of course there is a strong alliance between Kryta and Ebonhawke(Ascalon).

Anyone who can shed some light on this for me?

Ebonhawke

in Human

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Officially, Ebonhawke does recognise Queen Jennah as their sovereign, but there are a lot of Ascalonian humans who do not feel that way. (They regard Jennah as a foreigner and not their true Queen.) As a result, while Ebonhawke is technically part of Kryta on paper, they are a largely autonomous region that Jennah rules with a very light hand. (The fact that Ebonhawke has its own separate delegation at the Peace Summit is ample proof of this.)

Wade Samuelsson is the “Duke” of Ebonhawke (although I’m unsure if that’s an official title), and I imagine that he probably has the freedom to levy taxes and make all military and legislative calls within Ebonhawke as he sees fit, although all the in-game lore suggests that he supports the peace initiative and greater integration with Kryta and he thus aligns his policies fairly closely with Kryta’s anyway.

Ebonhawke

in Human

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Technically, Jennah is the ‘Regent’ of Ebonhawke. This means that technically she’s in charge, but Ebonhawke is still holding out for independence once again. It’s possible that this is essentially a legal compromise – Ebonhawke is essentially dependent on Kryta to the point that it has to jump when Jennah says frog and the ‘regency’ puts this into a legal framework rather than here influence being seen as a usurpation of Ascalonian privileges. However, should Ebonhawke’s situation improve, through victory over or compromise with the charr (the latter seeming more likely at present), such that it could once more become an independent nation, than likely the regency will end and a new Ascalonian king will arise.

It’s been indicated that Wade has Ascalonian royal blood (in some feudal systems, this is in fact pretty much what the title ‘duke’ implies) so at present he’s probably the likely successor to the Ascalonian throne. This makes the Separatists a tragic reflection of the Royalists from presearing GW1 – the person they would likely be putting forward as the replacement for the current ruler is someone who supports the current ruler. Unless there’s some other candidate we don’t know about, of course.

In real-world political terms, Ebonhawke is essentially a protectorate of Kryta.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Ebonhawke

in Human

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Really interesting what you all have wrote.
I just love Ebonhawke and so with Ascalon.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|